FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Orb now available

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By bitasuite, Junior Member on 11th February 2013, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th February 2013, 08:05 PM |#21  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 881

More
Re: Orb now available
Meh...70 bux. Think that's way overpriced. The n7 dock is 40 right? That's way bigger and yet it costs less

11th February 2013, 08:06 PM |#22  
Flag Hudson
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by attila123456

Please excuse my ignorance - how is this more convenient than a regular charger? You still need to plug in the orb to the wall socket when you want to charge the phone, don't you? So isn't the orb really just a fancy replacement of the micro usb plug, without any real added value?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

This has been talked about to death. If you can't or won't see the value in this, don't buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nivlac978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 08:07 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

Please excuse my ignorance - how is this more convenient than a regular charger? You still need to plug in the orb to the wall socket when you want to charge the phone, don't you? So isn't the orb really just a fancy replacement of the micro usb plug, without any real added value?

You're editorializing and that's not the same as ignorance. Some of us see added value in not ****ing around with a micro USB port in the dark. And it looks cool. And it's a dock (holds the phone).
11th February 2013, 08:11 PM |#24  
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 16

More
$60 for this, plus tax/shipping? Sorry to say, but that is a massive rip off. I'll stick with my USB wall chargers that I already own and do the same thing. I don't mean to be a hater or anything, it's cool technology, but damn that's a lot of coin just to simply charge a phone.
11th February 2013, 08:15 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
It looks like there's a corresponding app or screen layout when placed on the orb. Either that, or it's a setting or status that I've never seen before. Take a look at the image on the google play store for reference.

https://play.google.com/store/device...NfY2hhcmdlciJd
11th February 2013, 08:16 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Yeah, no, it's k. I'll continue to plug my wire into the phone, and keep my 70 bucks for doing so =D. Wonder how Palm got their wireless chargers to get to such a cheap price. Perhaps it's because of the different technology...
11th February 2013, 08:21 PM |#27  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfits9095

It looks like there's a corresponding app or screen layout when placed on the orb. Either that, or it's a setting or status that I've never seen before. Take a look at the image on the google play store for reference.

It's battery widget reborn https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.reborn.beta
11th February 2013, 08:21 PM |#28  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

More
That's what I think! With shipping and Chicago tax it goes up to $71.84 for me. I'd rather get not-so-fancy Energizer from Amazon for $68 and would charge two phones at once.

11th February 2013, 08:24 PM |#29  
Flag Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 340

More
Quote:

I noticed and wondered the same thing about that image. I wonder if it is something new in the possible 4.2.2 update.

11th February 2013, 08:24 PM |#30  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,996

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phekt

I noticed and wondered the same thing about that image. I wonder if it is something new in the possible 4.2.2 update.

It's this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.reborn.beta
The Following User Says Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 08:29 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Do you unplug the charger each time you're done using it?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread