Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Owl CarPad /G Qi Wireless Charging Car Mount ~ Ships next week ~ See first post

Tip us?

ajpettit
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Not sure if this helps anyone but saw this a while back then saw this thread the two didn't come together till now anyways http://www.convenientpower.com/1/product.php?page=16

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

gear.h34d.2012
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpettit View Post
Not sure if this helps anyone but saw this a while back then saw this thread the two didn't come together till now anyways http://www.convenientpower.com/1/product.php?page=16

Wow. Where do I get me one of those?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Credits to mustangboy88

Devices:

Google Nexus S 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Grey Wifi 32GB

Quote:
"Personally, I watched my friends vivid get updated to ice cream sandwich last night. It broke my heart because he got it via ota, before my nexus s. Official google/sprint ics is something my ns4g will most likely never receive. Yes, I am a cry baby. Flame me."
-Swamp Goblin

frigidazzi
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:

Where are they selling this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3367
Quote:

I've been digging around for this all morning and I can't find it for sale anywhere. I'm guessing its not for sale at this time but will hopefully be shortly. I've emailed different with companies about a qi certified car mount and 2 out of 3 said they are researching them at this time and because more phones are slated to get this wireless qi technology that we will see them come out this following year but neither gave me a eta.

andy o
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Those are prototypes, probably not available for sale until some other company licenses them. The Energizer single pad seems to be a rebrand of their single model. Probably the dual one is also based on their prototype.

narcopolypse
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrazor View Post
Ive gotten in touch with Moon over at OWL, and he said because they dont have the Nexus 4 released over there in Korea yet, that they have yet to test it with their "Auto Pad".

Im going to be ordering one in the next week and if it works ill update the thread and try to do a video review on it. All signs point to it working.

Also, their solution is basically their pad built onto an Arkon mount. So purchasing from them is getting about the same thing that Arkon will be producing later.

Wait for my update before making an impulse buy. I'd hate for anyone else to get an impulse purchase and then it not even work.

I'll be the lab rat for the community.
Beat you to the punch. I have also been in touch with Moon as I am going to be their US distributor. I have a batch of test units on their way right now. As soon as they arrive I will update this thread as to whether or not it works with the Nexus 4. I will also be testing it with some other Qi devices as well. Assuming all goes to plan I will start listing the car and desktop pads on my ebay store within a couple of weeks so you can buy them from a US seller. I will also be more than willing to allow local pickup for anyone in the Salt Lake area.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S III T-999 Nexus 4 baby!
ROM: Today's CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Build AOSP FTW!
SD: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC (Only $60!!!) Sad Banana

Buy me a beer?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to narcopolypse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irishtexmex
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolypse View Post
Beat you to the punch. I have also been in touch with Moon as I am going to be their US distributor. I have a batch of test units on their way right now. As soon as they arrive I will update this thread as to whether or not it works with the Nexus 4. I will also be testing it with some other Qi devices as well. Assuming all goes to plan I will start listing the car and desktop pads on my ebay store within a couple of weeks so you can buy them from a US seller. I will also be more than willing to allow local pickup for anyone in the Salt Lake area.
When you say you have a "batch" of units on the way..... does that mean you'll have a few extra that you would distribute for multiple people to test?

Say, for example, people who live in Texas could test in a hotter climate?

goldentuna
Old
(Last edited by goldentuna; 11th December 2012 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
When you say you have a "batch" of units on the way..... does that mean you'll have a few extra that you would distribute for multiple people to test?

Or maybe, someone in Idaho could test on a colder climate?

narcopolypse
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentuna View Post
Or maybe, someone in Idaho could test on a colder climate?

Ha ha. Very funny you guys.
Don't worry, If all goes well I should have them up for sale before Christmas. I'm thinking I'll start out with just the car docks since there are already plenty of Qi desktop pads in the wild.
The one huge advantage these have in a desktop setting however is that they use an adaptive charging controller. They will actually switch automatically between charging standards so you can charge a Qi enabled phone or a Powermat enabled phone. They said they might even function with old Touchstone receivers so I'll give that one a go too since I've Touchstone modded my last three phones.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S III T-999 Nexus 4 baby!
ROM: Today's CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Build AOSP FTW!
SD: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC (Only $60!!!) Sad Banana

Buy me a beer?
The Following User Says Thank You to narcopolypse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolypse View Post
Ha ha. Very funny you guys.
Don't worry, If all goes well I should have them up for sale before Christmas. I'm thinking I'll start out with just the car docks since there are already plenty of Qi desktop pads in the wild.
The one huge advantage these have in a desktop setting however is that they use an adaptive charging controller. They will actually switch automatically between charging standards so you can charge a Qi enabled phone or a Powermat enabled phone. They said they might even function with old Touchstone receivers so I'll give that one a go too since I've Touchstone modded my last three phones.
Cool! Sign me up for one!
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images