Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Panasonic TM101 Qi Charger - It works with auto-sensing feature

Tip us?

Hrithan2020
Old
(Last edited by Hrithan2020; 11th December 2012 at 10:35 PM.) Reason: Added content; Fixed typos
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 212
Default Panasonic TM101 Qi Charger - It works with auto-sensing feature

For all who are looking for a good wireless charger, I found this on ebay. There are currently 13 active listings, and the final price including shipping comes to nearly USD 70. It is apparently from Japan, and both economic and expedited shipping options are available. [ Lowest cost incl. expedited shipping I found was 73$ ]

It has the feature of automatically sensing where your device is so that there is no "no-charging even though placed on mat" issue that some charges are having.

Here are a few youtube videos of the charger :
Unboxing Panasonic TM101
Nexus 4 on the charger
Demonstration of the auto-sensing feature

Apparently, the device is available for a cheaper rate from Amazon Japan, which ships only within Japan for 40$ [ compared to 50-55 USD in ebay w/o shipping].

Here are a few images that I could find :

NOTE: The image below shows the charger charging the first device which is placed on it. Because of the auto-sensing feature, you can't charge multiple devices at once.

Source : Reddit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QI Charger.JPG
Views:	2579
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1555746   Click image for larger version

Name:	QI Charger-II.JPG
Views:	2849
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1555747   Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16JHJIIE9qTYI65WBQsH79HIGg~~60_35.JPG
Views:	3045
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1555751  
Hit Thanks button, if you found my post useful .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hrithan2020 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kpjimmy
Old
(Last edited by kpjimmy; 11th December 2012 at 10:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrithan2020 View Post
For all who are looking for a good wireless charger, I found this on ebay. There are currently 8 active listings, and the final price including shipping comes to nearly USD 70. It is apparently from Japan, and both economic and expedited shipping options are available. [ Lowest cost incl. expedited shipping I found was 73$ ]

It has the feature of automatically sensing where your device is so that there is no "no-charging even though placed on mat" issue that some charges are having.

Here are a couple of youtube videos showing the charger :
Working with Nexus 4!!
Working with multiple devices and showing off the auto-sensing feature

Apparently, the device is available for a cheaper rate from Amazon Japan, which ships only within Japan for 40$ [ compared to 50-55 USD in ebay w/o shipping].

I am also attaching a couple of images, that I saw in ebay.

Source : Reddit
I was looking at these today on ebay. Looks nice and was wondering if it could charge two devices, but because the charging coil moves, it looks like it only charges only one device. But it does take a bit of real estate on ones desk or nightstand, but looks cool! The little orb that follows the phone to charge is nice! Those dag gone Japanese know how to market a product! LOL
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kpjimmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hrithan2020
Old
(Last edited by Hrithan2020; 11th December 2012 at 10:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy View Post
I was looking at these today on ebay. Looks nice and was wondering if it could charge two devices, but because the charging coil moves, it looks like it only charges only one device. But it does take a bit of real estate on ones desk or nightstand, but looks cool! The little orb that follows the phone to charge is nice! Those dag gone Japanese know how to market a product! LOL
Yeah, unfortunately doesn't charge two devices simultaneously. I like the looks, but it does occupy a lot of volume. Not sure whether I should wait for the official one, which would be quite smaller and shouldn't face the issues other chargers are having.

EDIT : Have updated my post with that info, to make it clear, for those who don't watch the video.

abrahavt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have one of these by my bed and it works very well. Looks good to boot.

Dan37tz
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Oh hell, might as well order this too. $69 shipped via snail mail. This thing just looks too cool.

What am I going to do with my LG WCP-700 that is being delivered this Friday....

intekmdma
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately doesn't charge two devices simultaneously. I like the looks, but it does occupy a lot of volume. Not sure whether I should wait for the official one, which would be quite smaller and shouldn't face the issues other chargers are having.

EDIT : Have updated my post with that info, to make it clear, for those who don't watch the video.
Are there any Qi chargers that can do 2 devices simultaneously? This would be great.

familiarstranger
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Energizer's does 3
http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Qi-E...energizer+qi+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by intekmdma View Post
Are there any Qi chargers that can do 2 devices simultaneously? This would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to familiarstranger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sinocelt
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Not sure whether I should wait for the official one
Methinks the wait would be very, very long.

irishtexmex
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by familiarstranger View Post
Just so everyone doesn't have any misconceptions... the Energizer does 2 Qi chargers + 1 USB port to plug into and charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to irishtexmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hrithan2020
Old
(Last edited by Hrithan2020; 12th December 2012 at 02:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
Methinks the wait would be very, very long.
Extremely likely knowing Google. But still I don't want to be stuck in a situation where they announce it immediately after receiving my brand new charger, at say 80$. ( google charger's price). It's what happened to me with the bumper, bought so many cases for it, that I decided to cancel the last one (which I had ordered an hour back before the bumpers came back online)

Sent from my GT-I9100

Tags
qi charger; charger; panasonic ; nexus 4; lg