Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replace Battery?

Tip us?

DroidBois
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Replace Battery?

Battery Monitor Widget Pro now suggests I'm getting 1700mAh or less, should I replace the battery? If so, pay someone or do it myself? I've heard it's pretty simple to do it myself.
Google Nexus 4 - Rooted / Cyanogen
Nexus 10 - Stock (Root + Cyanogen pending)

dovahkiin691
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Its very doable. If youre up to it, i read in another thread today that when replacing your battery you should be careful because it might be glued down hard, try to avoid straining the original battery.

ItsTommyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
According to a couple reviews from Google, replacing the battery is quite easy. A rule of thumb would be to get a battery pulled from a new device since I don't think Google sells manufactured Nexus 4 batteries because it's "non-replaceable". Just be careful and follow a guide on Youtube.

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTommyBoy View Post
According to a couple reviews from Google, replacing the battery is quite easy. A rule of thumb would be to get a battery pulled from a new device since I don't think Google sells manufactured Nexus 4 batteries because it's "non-replaceable". Just be careful and follow a guide on Youtube.
Google doesn't sell batteries, nor do they make phones. The Nexus 4 is made by LG, and the battery is available from many sources, brand new, OEM. Not "pulled from a new device". That's just absurd. Same battery the Optimus G uses. Don't pay more than $20 or so.
Relax, go nutz!

ChrisC81
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are those values from Battery Monitor Widget Pro reliable? Because mine is showing ~1500 mAh

ItsTommyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
Google doesn't sell batteries, nor do they make phones. The Nexus 4 is made by LG, and the battery is available from many sources, brand new, OEM. Not "pulled from a new device". That's just absurd. Same battery the Optimus G uses. Don't pay more than $20 or so.
LG*. My mistake. However, I have searched for batteries for the Nexus 4 that are claimed to be "OEM" and according to reviews they never hold a full charge that a battery from out-of-the-box would hold. Apparently they are just listed as "OEM" and "New", but either have already been used or of poor build quality. Getting a battery "pulled from a new device" off eBay has proven for me for other devices to be much more reliable at holding a longer charge. I can see why it might be risky or slightly unreasonable, but I don't think that it is absurd.

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC81 View Post
Are those values from Battery Monitor Widget Pro reliable? Because mine is showing ~1500 mAh
I wish they were were. Because on my phone, that app reads my battery as having 2099000mAh. Apparently the OEM battery I got off eBay is actually powered by Uranium 238. Too bad the real world usage doesn't confirm that theory.
Relax, go nutz!