Replace Battery?

Search This thread

DroidBois

Jul 1, 2010
Canberra
Battery Monitor Widget Pro now suggests I'm getting 1700mAh or less, should I replace the battery? If so, pay someone or do it myself? I've heard it's pretty simple to do it myself.

dovahkiin691

Aug 14, 2014
Its very doable. If youre up to it, i read in another thread today that when replacing your battery you should be careful because it might be glued down hard, try to avoid straining the original battery.

ItsTommyBoy

Mar 29, 2013
According to a couple reviews from Google, replacing the battery is quite easy. A rule of thumb would be to get a battery pulled from a new device since I don't think Google sells manufactured Nexus 4 batteries because it's "non-replaceable". Just be careful and follow a guide on Youtube.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
According to a couple reviews from Google, replacing the battery is quite easy. A rule of thumb would be to get a battery pulled from a new device since I don't think Google sells manufactured Nexus 4 batteries because it's "non-replaceable". Just be careful and follow a guide on Youtube.

Google doesn't sell batteries, nor do they make phones. The Nexus 4 is made by LG, and the battery is available from many sources, brand new, OEM. Not "pulled from a new device". That's just absurd. Same battery the Optimus G uses. Don't pay more than $20 or so.

ItsTommyBoy

Mar 29, 2013
Google doesn't sell batteries, nor do they make phones. The Nexus 4 is made by LG, and the battery is available from many sources, brand new, OEM. Not "pulled from a new device". That's just absurd. Same battery the Optimus G uses. Don't pay more than $20 or so.

LG*. My mistake. However, I have searched for batteries for the Nexus 4 that are claimed to be "OEM" and according to reviews they never hold a full charge that a battery from out-of-the-box would hold. Apparently they are just listed as "OEM" and "New", but either have already been used or of poor build quality. Getting a battery "pulled from a new device" off eBay has proven for me for other devices to be much more reliable at holding a longer charge. I can see why it might be risky or slightly unreasonable, but I don't think that it is absurd.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Are those values from Battery Monitor Widget Pro reliable? Because mine is showing ~1500 mAh :eek:

I wish they were were. Because on my phone, that app reads my battery as having 2099000mAh. Apparently the OEM battery I got off eBay is actually powered by Uranium 238. Too bad the real world usage doesn't confirm that theory.

cxda48

Jun 18, 2014
London

Finding a Nexus4 good quality battery is a real challenge in my experience. The one currently in my nexus4 is supposed to be an OEM, but obviously it is not (*very* poor battery life). I contacted LG and they tell me that I cannot get this part from LG, they don't sell it

If anyone has tips, I would be very grateful

Last edited:
Reactions: mene82

[GS]

Jun 24, 2012
Durres
Battery Monitor Widget Pro now suggests I'm getting 1700mAh or less, should I replace the battery? If so, pay someone or do it myself? I've heard it's pretty simple to do it myself.
Look my info, its ok or not?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-29-09-41-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-29-09-41-46.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 511

DroidBois

Jul 1, 2010
Canberra
Seems better than mine... I definitely need a replacement... And I am morally opposed to simply replacing the whole phone frequently, due to the resources required like rare Earth's and tantalum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan1234567890

TheNerd:]

Feb 23, 2013
Dallas
I need help finding a reputable site to a buy a new battery at also

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Reviews on Amazon are..... Iffy.... Some good some bad and none report back about how long the new battery holds charge

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
I need help finding one as well.

Just like you guys in the US, struggling to find a decent one with reviews. Looked on Amazon, Ebay and a few other places.

If anyone has any links to one with good reviews that would be great :good:

DupleX01

Feb 21, 2012
Ottawa

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Reviews on Amazon are..... Iffy.... Some good some bad and none report back about how long the new battery holds charge

Just like you guys in the US, struggling to find a decent one with reviews. Looked on Amazon, Ebay and a few other places.

+1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
+1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think we will. Our phones battery is not removable and it was never intended by LG for it to be replaced. Which means that the only batteries we are gonna get is dodgy ones probably. The last thing I need is buying an 'original', battery and waking up the next morning to find a burnt hole where my phone once was :good:

Reactions: TheNerd:]

woernsn

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think we will. Our phones battery is not removable and it was never intended by LG for it to be replaced. Which means that the only batteries we are gonna get is dodgy ones probably. The last thing I need is buying an 'original', battery and waking up the next morning to find a burnt hole where my phone once was :good:

Well, I just replaced my battery with this one: http://www.amazon.de/Akku-BL-T5-Goo...8&qid=1412345320&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+4+akku
I am sorry, that the page is German - but you can see, that the selling shop is the official LG Electronics Shop on Amazon ;)

slybunda

May 6, 2010
thought these phones use a polymer battery which has a very high charge and discharge cycle.

swiftyy

Apr 13, 2012
You can try checking your local LG service center if they have it. That is where I got mine for about $25, but I'm in Thailand though so YMMV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LG*. My mistake. However, I have searched for batteries for the Nexus 4 that are claimed to be "OEM" and according to reviews they never hold a full charge that a battery from out-of-the-box would hold. Apparently they are just listed as "OEM" and "New", but either have already been used or of poor build quality. Getting a battery "pulled from a new device" off eBay has proven for me for other devices to be much more reliable at holding a longer charge. I can see why it might be risky or slightly unreasonable, but I don't think that it is absurd.

Finding a Nexus4 good quality battery is a real challenge in my experience. The one currently in my nexus4 is supposed to be an OEM, but obviously it is not (*very* poor battery life). I contacted LG and they tell me that I cannot get this part from LG, they don't sell it

If anyone has tips, I would be very grateful
    Seems better than mine... I definitely need a replacement... And I am morally opposed to simply replacing the whole phone frequently, due to the resources required like rare Earth's and tantalum.