5,599,977 Members 45,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

To «ORB» or not to «ORB», THAT is the question.

Tip us?
 
EnIXmA
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 884
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, on
Default Re: To «ORB» or not to «ORB», THAT is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_white_gt View Post
Seeing people tell me i am brave for keeping it case less.. Makes me feel... Odd.. I hate cases. Lol

.
+1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
 
theabsurdman
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 239
Join Date: May 2010
orb == posing plinth. i'll pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to theabsurdman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kick-Ass Joe
Old
#13  
Kick-Ass Joe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 245
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Re: To «ORB» or not to «ORB», THAT is the question.

Will it reduce battery memory due to heat generated?

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4
 
luchoster
Old
#14  
luchoster's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 43
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Default Re: To «ORB» or not to «ORB», THAT is the question.

Ha we're on the same boat. I actually bought the orb the other day and 5 minutes later, I cancelled it because I thought about the case (I also have the Ballistics Case).

Although today I tried to beam with my N7 and it worked, the N7 have the Asus case that Google sells and both N4 and N7 had the case on. So it might still work even with the case on, I'm trying to see if anyone in town (Vegas) bought it so I can try it before buying it again lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code."
 
nkawal
Old
#15  
nkawal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 597
Posts: 645
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York City
Default Re: To «ORB» or not to «ORB», THAT is the question.

Look what I got.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360942991726.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1731885  
Root it & Boot it.
 
willshep
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by luchoster View Post
Ha we're on the same boat. I actually bought the orb the other day and 5 minutes later, I cancelled it because I thought about the case (I also have the Ballistics Case).

Although today I tried to beam with my N7 and it worked, the N7 have the Asus case that Google sells and both N4 and N7 had the case on. So it might still work even with the case on, I'm trying to see if anyone in town (Vegas) bought it so I can try it before buying it again lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I'm not sure if the Qi charger works through your case but keep in mind Qi/wireless induction coil has nothing to do with the technology behind beam So you wouldn't know if one would work just based on the fact that the other technology did work.
 
grubbster
Old
#17  
grubbster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 342
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by willshep View Post
I'm not sure if the Qi charger works through your case but keep in mind Qi/wireless induction coil has nothing to do with the technology behind beam So you wouldn't know if one would work just based on the fact that the other technology did work.
Charger DOES work through a case. Confirmed.
The Following User Says Thank You to grubbster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
willshep
Old
#18  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
Charger DOES work through a case. Confirmed.
As I would expect, but you never know unless you try
 
rdelfin
Old
(Last edited by rdelfin; 15th February 2013 at 06:33 PM.)
#19  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbster View Post
Charger DOES work through a case. Confirmed.
Could you confirm if the google ORB works with the Ballistic Case specifically? Does the orb hold the phone with this case firmly?
 
grubbster
Old
#20  
grubbster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 342
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelfin View Post
Could you confirm if the google ORB works with the Ballistic Case specifically? Does the orb hold the phone with this case firmly?
I do not have that case but this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1013 says it does. The orb does not "hold" the phone. It uses mostly friction and possibly some magnetism.

The Following User Says Thank You to grubbster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes