Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

OTG Y Cable

17th August 2013, 12:38 PM |#1  
shalom06's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 108
 
440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Anyone Knows where to get the Otg Y cable required for nexus 4 ?I stay In india Not many People ship here

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
 
 
17th August 2013, 12:43 PM |#2  
CoolApps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 604
 
3,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Can't find such thing anywhere.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
17th August 2013, 12:56 PM |#3  
ElliSkyline's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. John's, Newfoundland
Thanks Meter: 191
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom06

Anyone Knows where to get the Otg Y cable required for nexus 4 ?I stay In india Not many People ship here

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Have you tried eBay?
I found one on Amazon but haven't tried it, I end up making my own one day but here's the link..http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009YP...AC_SX110_SY190
17th August 2013, 01:47 PM |#4  
CoolApps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 604
 
3,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliSkyline

Have you tried eBay?
I found one on Amazon but haven't tried it, I end up making my own one day but here's the link..http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009YP...AC_SX110_SY190

Wrong connection, it should be a female USB, not a Samsung type of port.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
17th August 2013, 04:29 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
176 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom06

Anyone Knows where to get the Otg Y cable required for nexus 4 ?I stay In india Not many People ship here

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Does n4 even support otg?
17th August 2013, 05:28 PM |#6  
tiru.adi13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 49
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neet

Does n4 even support otg?

With ziddeys kernel and a power source along with this cable, YES.

Sent from my Nexus 4
17th August 2013, 06:57 PM |#7  
ElliSkyline's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. John's, Newfoundland
Thanks Meter: 191
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

Wrong connection, it should be a female USB, not a Samsung type of port.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Its not the wrong connection, the female micro USB part is where your charger plugs into to give power
And the big female USB is where you plug in flash drives etc...
And what do you mean "not a Samsung type of port"
The Following User Says Thank You to ElliSkyline For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2013, 07:03 PM |#8  
CoolApps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 604
 
3,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliSkyline

Its not the wrong connection, the female micro USB part is where your charger plugs into to give power
And the big female USB is where you plug in flash drives etc...
And what do you mean "not a Samsung type of port"

Again an other accidental thanks. :banghead:
Yeah you have a point there, it just looked like that the female micro USB is some Samsung connection for a second... :P
Yep it should do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
17th August 2013, 07:10 PM |#9  
ElliSkyline's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. John's, Newfoundland
Thanks Meter: 191
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

Again an other accidental thanks. :banghead:
Yeah you have a point there, it just looked like that the female micro USB is some Samsung connection for a second... :P
Yep it should do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Haha no worries
I really wish the N4 does supports an actual port for flash drives or any other kind of USB
It really defeats the purpose of having OTG
Good thing I got a portable solar powered external battery to plug into
17th August 2013, 07:15 PM |#10  
CoolApps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 604
 
3,364 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliSkyline

Haha no worries
I really wish the N4 does supports an actual port for flash drives or any other kind of USB
It really defeats the purpose of having OTG
Good thing I got a portable solar powered external battery to plug into

We all wish that... D:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes