Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery supplier for true OEM, brand-new replacement battery?

OP motorapido

19th December 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
Lots of searching this forum and elsewhere leads me to believe that if I buy what appears to be an OEM replacement battery for my Nexus 4, it will be either a used battery or a fake knock-off. The manager at my local Batteries Plus store even recommended against buying the replacement battery that they could provide me for my Nexus 4. He said they aren't as good as the original. I appreciated his honesty, but I am left searching for the holy grail -- a guaranteed OEM or equally high quality replacement battery that isn't used and that isn't a crappy, fake knock off. Can anybody help?
23rd December 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 82

269 posts
More
After reading a lot of comments on Amazon and eBay, I too was concerned about this. As my 2 year old battery was swelling (pushing the front glass up and disconnecting the Qi and NFC antennas) I was in a big hurry to replace it. With the default ground shipping, I got this one delivered to my local Radio Shack (2 blocks away) in 2 days.
I can now get a full 24 hours of on time (5.0.1) which is better than It was when it was new (4.2.1) . It is a bit overpriced, but was worth it for me.

http://www.radioshack.com/dantona-3-.../55076584.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oem new battery
Previous Thread Next Thread