CLOSED - [ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns 5.1.1 - Mako v9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dantezinn

Jul 13, 2013
NIterói, Rio de Janeiro
I've had some trouble getting Synapse to work at first on a few different 5.1 builds now. It does work, but needs a little tinkering.

1 - Force stop synapse and clear synapse data

2 - Uninstall synapse
Reboot to recovery
Flash UKM uninstaller v2
Flash HD kernel
Flash UKM 3.8.1
Reboot

3 - Open terminal emulator and enter
Su
uci reset
uci

4 - Open Synapse

If it still doesn't work, repeat the steps above but perform step 3a below and then step 4.

3a - Check in /system/xbin if the uci file exists.
Using a root file explorer change permissions to 777 (R/W for all users)
Do the same for
/data/N4UKM/uci

You can do it in the terminal emulator with
su
chmod 755 /system/xbin/uci
chmod 755 /data/N4UKM/uci

Maybe this will help someone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

It's working now! Thank you my friend!

And best combo so far! Awesome battery life!

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Why?
I'm using and it's all fine (not using gravitybox or similars)

Mostly because if anything goes wrong with the rom you have to reflash the whole thing without xposed before posting any bugs with it. Not to mention that it changes major system files that can cause issues. This is why the devs advise you not to use Xposed with it.

Reactions: Scar107

tanked89

Aug 8, 2011
stuck

I have flashed dirty unicorn it seems to be working shows no sim when inserted I put my metro PCs sim in it shows the settings under APN but doesn't allow me to make calls get o. Internet. I had phone paired with sim at store but they couldn't get it to get a signal or call the gsm is unlocked everything else works fine I guess won't know without another sim any suggestions?

Sharjeel.Khan

Dec 19, 2014
Karachi
recently i installed DU 5.0.2 ,v9.2. (i use xpose thts why m not moving to 5.1)
and i'm really happy with this.
for me, some features that must be included are missing , like dt2w, kill app via back button, lights while charging..etc. but every one has their taste so no worries.
I made a work around as nash kernal +synapse for dt2w and severl other tweaks.
but leaving that aside,
it has some really surprising featuers in 'dirty tweaks" , [don't name them 'dirty', call them 'wicked tweaks' instead ;) ]
much more info in about section, really aprreciated,
that app circle bar.. beautiful..
overall.. its smooth, stable, and has really better battry life.
thank u team DU, keep it up and a simple request, please make 5.0.2 more better, instead of 5.1.1, it has less support for now (such as xposed) and also its not stable yet.
Effort Appreciated !! :)

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
STL
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
for me, some features that must be included are missing , like dt2w, kill app via back button, lights while charging..etc. but every one has their taste so no worries.
but leaving that aside,
it has some really surprising featuers in 'dirty tweaks" , [don't name them 'dirty', call them 'wicked tweaks' instead ;) ]
thank u team DU, keep it up and a simple request, please make 5.0.2 more better, instead of 5.1.1, it has less support for now (such as xposed) and also its not stable yet.

There's no way they will spend time developing for an outdated Android version.

Also 5.1.1 is the most stable, smooth and battery friendly I've seen this device...

But hey, maybe you should go on the Google+ DU community page and ask Alex Cruz if he will work on 5.0.2 instead of 5.1.1 because XPosed doesn't support it yet.
What's the worst that could happen?
:X

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

realjumy

Nov 18, 2007
but leaving that aside,
There's a 5.1.1 version of Xposed. Use the search box.

paciotti

May 30, 2009
Bluetooth not turning on

Hi
Installed version 9.4 from a clean devices (reinstalled official 5.1.1 image), but I'm still unable to turn bluetooth on.
Logcat here
Anyone having the same issue? Any suggestion?
Thanks

Reactions: aburyan1

Sharjeel.Khan

Dec 19, 2014
Karachi
yes i know but still its in alpha version and not much modules are supported.
i'm now on 5.1.1 of DU and i must say.. EXCELLENT BATTERY LIFE.. Excellent performance.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
but leaving that aside,
You can forget about it. 5.0.2 is a dead branch. As for xposed DU doesn't advise you to use it nor does it support any issues if you are using it. To be honest get used to not having it. With Android M coming I don't think you will see xposed for it any time soon.

Reactions: Sharjeel.Khan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Signature Banners

We've had some awesome contributions in our G+ community recently. Check out these awesome signature banners that fans have made for us!

These were made by Scott Markiewicz
    x32AD8E.png

gikqfU5.png

Mbw2VbH.png

Pnlyo9z.png

RLrHpAt.png

EK9IubM.png

aEs0JHy.png

This one was made by Stephanie Mae
    OGcjM2J.jpg

Drop by our community for more awesome DU stuff
    We hope that you too will have the same problem. I'll be happy HUUUUURRRRAAA :fingers-crossed::victory::laugh:

Thank you for your help.
    Hi,

As a rule of thumb WITH ANY ROM is if you come across a problem or an issue or a "bug" like many of you like to call it......is important to look at it as if you were in a doctor's office.

Do you go to your doctor and say "OH SNAP, it hurts" and then go into mute mode?

Of course not. You go in there and try to give him or her as much information as possible so they know what's wrong with you.

Oh Doc, I get these headaches when I do this and that and it started happening right about the time blah blah blah

In our case, we can't really see your device. Sure we're running the same ROM but different things factor in.

1. Whether or not you dirty flash or you followed instructions and did a full wipe

2. Whether or not you used Xposed or flashed outdated GAPPS or any mod that you find on XDA or other sites

3. Hardware issues. Believe it not, sometimes hardware does fail and is not a software issue but the hardware preventing things not to work. For example, if you have a camera issue......it may not be the software but the actual camera that's messed up.

In the time it took you to reply and go back/forth with people on here telling them to NOT to post if they weren't going to help you.......you could of provided useful information to help us, help you.

Saying things like "well it works on this other ROM" or "I've never had this issue before" is as useless as the posts you've made so far.

Logcats, Last Kmsg, Recovery logs, etc.....those are the things we're looking for.

If you can't provide those, use Google. They have a great website where you can type in just about anything and get possible answers to your questions. Utilize the resources around you and stop looking for the easy answer to everything.

If you've found a ROM that works for you, fine.....that's great news! We don't need to know about it though.

Don't forget, this is a development thread. Updates on what you're doing is none of our concern. We don't care nor does it help anything in general.

If you continue on posting spam, we'll go ahead and report you and let the moderators deal with you or ANYONE that is posting non-sense

This is XDA-Developers not XDA-Customer Service

Remember that!

Thanks and I hope I don't have to repeat myself.....