5,599,190 Members 35,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to build CM10.1 (Android 4.2.1) for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Tip us?

housry23
Old
Thanks Meter 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMNein View Post
Which version? I tried Mint 14 and didn't have any luck installing much of the required stuffs. I am a n00b to Linux however. User error most probable.
I used the packages from here http://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthr...ompiling-guide and it worked just fine. This is a guide for a different ROM, but the packages needed to build CM on Linux Mint 14 are the same. At the time of posting this link, the site linked is down for maintenance, but should be back up soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to housry23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CMNein
Old
(Last edited by CMNein; 18th February 2013 at 02:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
I used the packages from here http://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthr...ompiling-guide and it worked just fine. This is a guide for a different ROM, but the packages needed to build CM on Linux Mint 14 are the same. At the time of posting this link, the site linked is down for maintenance, but should be back up soon.
Thanks, I was unable to find much relating to Android + Mint last night; presently repo syncing on 12.04, but will tackle your link + Mint again in the future.

Edit: found this, look similar/same? http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Co...int_13_onwards

Edit deux: This appears to be the same info from the link that you posted http://eclipserom.com/thedark/conten...ompiling-guide

Apologies if this is off topic (?)

Hammerhead / Flo / Mako / Maguro / Odroid U2

hev88
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Default Re: [GUIDE] How to build CM10.1 (Android 4.2.1) for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Got fresh new hardware I just put together... Gonna install Ubuntu 12.04.2 in the morn and then its time to see what a 3rd gen i7 and a sammy pro series ssd can do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
...logcat or it didnt happen.

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37625

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hev88 View Post
Its time to see what a 3rd gen i7 and a sammy pro series ssd can do.
<----- green with envy
The Following User Says Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CMNein
Old
Thanks Meter 1476

Quote:
Got fresh new hardware I just put together... Gonna install Ubuntu 12.04.2 in the morn and then its time to see what a 3rd gen i7 and a sammy pro series ssd can do.

I have 5 laptops, and one tower, two are i7, but are my work machines. Debating just buying a new machine just for this. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hev88
Old
(Last edited by hev88; 18th February 2013 at 08:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 186

Quote:
I have 5 laptops, and one tower, two are i7, but are my work machines. Debating just buying a new machine just for this. Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I'm trying to... No fun yet though. IDK why but I cannot get any OS to install on this damn thing. I keep getting panic error once I try to install... Anyone have any pointers for me.

Edit - or even a different is to build with... I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer

...logcat or it didnt happen.

Zimeron
Old
(Last edited by Zimeron; 18th February 2013 at 10:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
I'm trying to... No fun yet though. IDK why but I cannot get any OS to install on this damn thing. I keep getting panic error once I try to install... Anyone have any pointers for me.

Edit - or even a different is to build with... I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer

You'll get better results by asking your OS's help system and giving them whatever panic error you're receiving. This thread will help you out when you have an OS installed and are trying to build, until then, you're better off with the OS's community.

CMNein
Old
Thanks Meter 1476
Question re: using ccache.

Does adding 'export USE_CCACHE=1' to bashrc negate the need to type export USE_CCACHE=1 prior to each build?

Zimeron
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Question re: using ccache.

Does adding 'export USE_CCACHE=1' to bashrc negate the need to type export USE_CCACHE=1 prior to each build?
Assuming you're using bash as the terminal to call it, yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimeron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

J.L.C.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Since local_manifest.xml is deprecated, how/where do we add in TheMuppets proprietary blobs project?

I don't seem to have a 'local_manifests' directory after a full re-sync, or after rm -r .repo and sycing again. Does it work to just create that directory and copy local_manifest.xml into it?

The Following User Says Thank You to J.L.C. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]