[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][01/01/17] Quanta - V21

Search This thread

mdaamir1989

Nov 17, 2011
City of lakes
Guys two quick questions,

1. I'm quite confused by the usage of the word stock here , To flash this kernel on top of a different(semaphore) kernel running Euphoria Rom , is it ok if i dirty flash the rom and flash this kernel ?

2. After flashing this kernel If the ROM(Euphoria) has an option to enable DT2W , hope i don't have to configure anything myself to get DT2W working as mentioned in the third post of the OP.

EDIT : Flashed the rom and the kernel ,everything works as expected.

Last edited:

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Guys two quick questions,

1. I'm quite confused by the usage of the word stock here , To flash this kernel on top of a different(semaphore) kernel running Euphoria Rom , is it ok if i dirty flash the rom and flash this kernel ?

2. After flashing this kernel If the ROM(Euphoria) has an option to enable DT2W , hope i don't have to configure anything myself to get DT2W working as mentioned in the third post of the OP.

EDIT : Flashed the rom and the kernel ,everything works as expected.

1. In this case, I mean that the stock kernel is the pre-bundled kernel that comes with the rom. I understand that it may get confused with the official stock 5.0 and I'll modify my post to avoid any further confusion.

2. You can enable dt2w if the rom support a setting to enable it. That said, the methods on the 3rd post are for versatility because you can modify some of the options (for example the dt2w zone, disable it when you press the home button to sleep, etc)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: mdaamir1989

emanuele1986

Jun 14, 2011
SM-Franco: r216 calling for report.
Mako: What's the report?
SM-Franco: Here's what I've brought so far:
- Synced myself from the latest Franco's source (Conservative governor stuff, optimizations, msm_hsic_host...)
- Linux 3.4.106
- Updated my F2FS driver so I can be faster and more stable while you're using it.
- Auto-Compiled from the latest SM 4.9 toolchain
- Because there has been some changes in the ramdisk, it might be better for you to return back to stock before flashing me sir.
Mako: Alright let's do it, where can I find you?
SM-Franco: I'm already available on BasketBuild. I also called my cousin from CM and he's also ready.
Mako: Alright let's do this!!

Enjoy!! :)

Conservative is the default governor? I still having interactive ad default after the flash

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
Installed UKM on latest build but when I install Synapse from Play Store and laugh the app there stands ERROR. I am not able to use Synapse, anyone who also use Synapse and can confirm this?

mdaamir1989

Nov 17, 2011
City of lakes
Is there anyway the 192 mhz frequency of deep sleep can be changed to be 384 Mhz ? When the phone is in deep sleep it doesn't wake up with DT2W , takes about 4-5 double taps on the screen to wake it up , and sometimes it doesn't even wake up.

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Is there anyway the 192 mhz frequency of deep sleep can be changed to be 384 Mhz ? When the phone is in deep sleep it doesn't wake up with DT2W , takes about 4-5 double taps on the screen to wake it up , and sometimes it doesn't even wake up.

Nope unless you make the modifications in the source. :p

Now that you speak about it, is there somebody that wants to have 384 MHZ instead of 192MHZ for deep sleep? (for the mentionned reason above) if there's a demand, I'll revert it to 384 so there won't be problems with DT2W anymore. I initially wanted to keep it this way because the device uses even less battery and using 384 MHZ while having 192 UC results in SOD's but looks like if some people really wants it, I'll get it back.

Last edited:

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
I flashed this kernel and lost root, and fixed it by flashing the stock 4.4.4 boot.img and then reflashing this kernel and the latest SuperSU. Just wanted to say this in case anyone ever encounters the same issue in the future.

yochananmarqos

Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
I flashed this kernel and lost root, and fixed it by flashing the stock 4.4.4 boot.img and then reflashing this kernel and the latest SuperSU. Just wanted to say this in case anyone ever encounters the same issue in the future.

If I remember somewhat correctly, one must flash SuperSU again after franco.Kernel due to Franco's ramdisk modifications. I might be completely off, I just remember there was something. I made it a habit now to flash one after the other to avoid issues.

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Hmm, I don't recall having to flash supersu after installing the original Franco, and I never faced any issues with root. However, when I installed this Kernel, I lost root and flashing supersu on top didn't fix it, I could only fix it by flashing the stock kernel, then installing this kernel followed by reinstalling supersu. It works great now and I look forward to testing it out :)

Reactions: k500zm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simple, Powerful, Stable. Here's Quanta for the Nexus 4 (Mako)

Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void, use at your own risk. Don't blame me for anything because YOU decided to make these changes.

Note: This kernel is made for Android 5.1 (Lollipop) up to Android 7.1. (Nougat) For earlier versions, please refer to Sabermod franco.Kernel on post 3.

Features:

- Based upon the official franco.Kernel source
    - Compiled with the latest Cortex-A15 optimized UberTC 5.x with some kernel based optimizations + Graphite
    - Linux 3.4.110 (Linux 3.4.0 for V9 onwards)
    - AOSP/CM compatible
    - F2FS compatible
    - DT2W support (From Stratosk)
    - Faux Sound support
    - Exponential brightness driver from Statosk
    - Optimized Ondemand governor from Stratosk (V15+)
    - USB-OTG Support
    - MultiRom Support
    - Tweaked performances profiles from franco.Kernel
    - Support for android-keyboard-gadget (You can use your device as a keyboard/mouse for your PC)
    - Support for Xpad

Installation:

1. Install using CWM/TWRP
    2. Enjoy

Sources:

Kernel Source (quanta-7.x)
    Anykernel Source (mako-7.x)

Changelog:
    Code:
    V21 (01/01/17):
    - Support for Nougat (7.x)
    - Updated to December's security patches

V20 (18/09/16)
    - Merged security updates for September (Includes CVE-2016-2059 and CVE-2016-5340)
    - Attempt to fix camera on CM

V19 (21/08/16)
    - Merged security updates for August
    - Patched Quadrooter exploit (CVE-2016-5340)
    - Updated F2FS

V18 (16/07/16)
    - Merged security updates for July
    - Performance improvements (From Franco's release for Flo)
    - Faster boot up time (From Franco's release for Flo)

V17 (11/06/16):
    - Merged Flo's security patches (Important)
    - Updated F2FS

V16 (15/05/16):
    - Fixed blank display while using the camera
    - Mako_hotplug should work fine with Interactive now
    - Made Software CRC toggable

V15 (08/05/16):
    - Reverted CPU-Boost to use mako_hotplug instead
    - Used the optimized Ondemand governor from Semaphore
    - Interactive should be more power-efficient when the display is off
    - Updated F2FS
    - Misc security fixes

V14 (24/03/16):
    - Disabled the 3rd and 4th CPU core by default
    - Compensate the performance loss of this by adapting the frequencies in Interactive
    - Changed the default frequency back to 1512Mhz.

V13 (09/03/16):
    - Reverted a timer related commit that was the cause of the panics
    - Reintroduced Nvidia's power settings
    - Updated F2FS

V12 (21/02/16):
    - Reverted Nvidia's relaxed power settings
    - Misc improvements/fixes

V11(18/02/16)
    - Rebased from Flo V7 release
    - Changed from mako_hotplug to cpu_boost
    - Replaced Conservative by Interactive
    - Updated F2FS
    - Misc improvements (KSM, optimized LMK from Motorola, etc...)

V10(09/12/15)
    - Synced with the 6.0.1 Google sources
    - Added full FauxSpeaker support

V9(09/11/15)
    - Rebased from Google 3.4.0 sources
    - Compiled with Cortex-A15 optimized UberTC

V8(25/10/15)
    Initial Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) release
    Linux 3.4.110
    Removed Franco sound tweaks
    Updated the F2FS drivers
    Updated the android-keyboard-gadget

V7(24/09/15)
    Linux 3.4.109
    Reverted the LMK optimization patch from Motorola
    GPU drivers reverted to a 5.1.1 state (Fixes Chrome scrolling lag)
    Updated the F2FS drivers
    Enabled support for XPad and updated it for Xbox One controller support
    Battery power saving optimizations from Nvidia
    Misc optimizations/fixes

V6(24/05/15)
    Synced commits from 5.1.1
    Reverted a cpufreq commit that was causing some more watchdog issues

V5(10/05/15)
    Reverted the mako_hotplug commits from Shamu (as an attempt to fix watchdog issues)
    Added filesystem related optimizations
    Added some LMK optimizations
    Added ROW optimized values

V4(03/05/15)
    Fixed CM PowerHal issue for good
    Added Stratosk's DT2W Power Key Suspend

V3(19/04/15)
    Linux 3.4.107
    Added some stuff to ramdisk + fixes
    Merged some mako_hotplug commits from Shamu

V2(17/04/15):
    Replaced McKael's DT2W implementation by Stratosk's
    Added Fast Charge
    Tweaked the performance profiles (Power Saving CPU freq going from 1242 MHZ to 1026MHZ)

V1(16/04/15):
    Updated F2FS drivers (with new mounting flags so you can feel a whole new beast)
    Tweaked performance profiles (I found that they weren't as much optimised as I would like to)
    Support for android-keyboard-gadget (you can now use your device as a keyboard/mouse for your computer)
    Reverted the 192 MHZ CPU freq as it was causing more negative than positive results

Mako is not dead yet you hear me!!

Trying to get some stuff done before an eventual release.

Screenshot_20160824-163008.png
    July treat

Hey guys, another month, another release. This might be the last release before Nougat or the new Nexus appears. (I hope so I can finally upgrade my phone XD) It is without saying that the Nexus 4 is a really great beast on it's own. Anyways, here it is:

V18 (16/07/16) :
    - Merged security updates for July
    - Performance improvements (From Franco's release for Flo)
    - Faster boot up (From Franco's release for Flo)

Both releases are available on the regular release platforms.

For QT, I know I've been slacking but it has been a bit hard to work on it. I plan to make a maintenance release before I being my work on some overhaul based on some neat stuff seen on Google I/O. :p

Anyways, Enjoy!! :)

EDIT: Rollout paused for the moment. Back online! Sorry for the waiting. :)
    Hope this one is good

Hey guys, I've been pretty much silent since last week. I hope this build will fix all the issues related to the panics/watchdog that you've been having. Here it is:

V13(09/03/16)
    - Reverted a commit related to timers that were the cause of the panics (Looks like @jolinnard was right)
    - Reintroduced Nvidia Power savings
    - Updated F2FS

Both builds are available on BasketBuild.

Enjoy!! :)