FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][AOSP/CM][19/04/15] Quanta - V3

26th April 2015, 05:23 PM |#651  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Yeah f2fs seems to be the culprit. I was wondering if there could be a way for the rom to share the kernel like before. Unless it is automatically shared when installing.

Hmm, I recently tried to install a second rom via multirom and also didn't manage to boot, also using f2fs for /data. But shouldn't it work after flashing the kernel in the second rom? I didn't test this because at the time I had only the aosp version of quanta on my device and the second rom was a CM

26th April 2015, 07:34 PM |#652  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 3,456

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persechini

Hmm, I recently tried to install a second rom via multirom and also didn't manage to boot, also using f2fs for /data. But shouldn't it work after flashing the kernel in the second rom? I didn't test this because at the time I had only the aosp version of quanta on my device and the second rom was a CM

Normally it shouldn't work after flashing the second rom because the kernel doesn't support f2fs which is why I would like to know if it's possible to share the kernels from within multirom.
Yesterday, 08:37 PM |#653  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I am having a problem using V3 together with Chroma Rom latest. I can use Quanta tweaks to get to OTG with Nexus 4 with Ycable and am able to see all files. HOwever when trying to backup to external flash drive the external Flash drive is not recognized. Only internal storage.
Am I doing something wrong here? I am using Stickmount as well but one booting into recovery I cannot find external drive not even if mounting under advanced options
Please put me right here so I can backup to external with OTG and Y cable on Nexus 4
Thanks
Today, 01:13 AM |#654  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfiftysix

I am having a problem using V3 together with Chroma Rom latest. I can use Quanta tweaks to get to OTG with Nexus 4 with Ycable and am able to see all files. HOwever when trying to backup to external flash drive the external Flash drive is not recognized. Only internal storage.
Am I doing something wrong here? I am using Stickmount as well but one booting into recovery I cannot find external drive not even if mounting under advanced options
Please put me right here so I can backup to external with OTG and Y cable on Nexus 4
Thanks

I replied to your post in the Chroma thread with a link.
Today, 03:26 AM |#655  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Normally it shouldn't work after flashing the second rom because the kernel doesn't support f2fs which is why I would like to know if it's possible to share the kernels from within multirom.

The way multirom works is that if you have the data partition formatted as f2fs, every kernel you use must have f2fs support, otherwise one of them won't be able to read the partition. Multirom just changes the mount points, but still uses the underlying filesystem.

You can 'share' kernels by just using the same boot.img as your main ROM, in the secondary ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xenyz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 01:51 PM |#656  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
i must be doomed with all custom kernel since cm12
i thought that factory resetting and upgrading to cm12.1 would solve my problem but no.
at first the phone is super fast and everything and after a few hour it lags like hell and the only option i have is to force a reboot so i get a working phone again.
Today, 01:54 PM |#657  
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyra74

i must be doomed with all custom kernel since cm12
i thought that factory resetting and upgrading to cm12.1 would solve my problem but no.
at first the phone is super fast and everything and after a few hour it lags like hell and the only option i have is to force a reboot so i get a working phone again.

Sounds like a severe issue with memory leak. Have you checked what's going on in your RAM when it gets laggy?
Today, 02:30 PM |#658  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
i'll check later this week if a logcat shows something
for now i'll stop using custom kernels
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread