Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android 4.2.2 | JDQ39 | Stock | Unrooted

Tip us?
 
EddyOS
Old
(Last edited by EddyOS; 26th April 2013 at 05:28 PM.)
#1  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2882
Posts: 13,070
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Thumbs up [ROM] Android 4.2.2 | JDQ39 | Stock | Unrooted

This is just a flashable stock unrooted ROM for anyone wanting a copy to flash via CWM as opposed to fastboot. It was literally the JDQ39 system image dumped into the dsixda kitchen and thrown straight back out with NO changes whatsoever - it's not even deodexed! Useful if you need to use an app which can still detect root even after using a root-hider app (e.g. to watch Sky Go in the UK)

It is the 100% untouched, unmolested system image

Enjoy...

https://www.yousendit.com/download/U...QVNiV3dPd3NUQw
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Juan Kerzhoff
Old
#2  
Juan Kerzhoff's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 240
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Stoke on Trent
Cheers owd

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
 
lowrider262
Old
#3  
lowrider262's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 549
Posts: 1,383
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Racine, WI
Nice, this is good to have on hand. Thanks:beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
 
Thibaultvw
Old
#4  
Thibaultvw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 529
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ghent
If you flash this, will you get OTA updates even when on a custom recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Device: Nexus 4
Stock ROM
TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to Thibaultvw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DontPushButtons
Old
#5  
DontPushButtons's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 802
Posts: 1,128
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibaultvw View Post
If you flash this, will you get OTA updates even when on a custom recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Far as I know, OTA is dependent on the recovery. So you would still need stock recovery to pull the OTA.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. I came from an HTC monstrosity, and we all know how easy those are to modify.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to DontPushButtons For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
casonswag
Old
#6  
casonswag's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 894
Posts: 3,919
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jacksonville
So is this the latest stock JDQ39E?

NEXUS
 
naveediftikhar
Old
#7  
naveediftikhar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 392
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPushButtons View Post
Far as I know, OTA is dependent on the recovery. So you would still need stock recovery to pull the OTA.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. I came from an HTC monstrosity, and we all know how easy those are to modify.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yes..you need stock recovery to get ota updates...!


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
why do all the dirty work..when dev's can cook it for u
The Following User Says Thank You to naveediftikhar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Thibaultvw
Old
#8  
Thibaultvw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 529
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ghent
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
Yes..you need stock recovery to get ota updates...!


Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
But I will be able to install KLP through recovery when it comes out, if someone converts it into a .zip file, right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Device: Nexus 4
Stock ROM
TWRP
 
naveediftikhar
Old
#9  
naveediftikhar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 392
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibaultvw View Post
But I will be able to install KLP through recovery when it comes out, if someone converts it into a .zip file, right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
yes that you can do..but forget about anythin OTA if u aint using the stock recovery!
why do all the dirty work..when dev's can cook it for u
 
Thibaultvw
Old
#10  
Thibaultvw's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 529
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ghent
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveediftikhar View Post
yes that you can do..but forget about anythin OTA if u aint using the stock recovery!
Yup I know that but maybe I could get .zip of the stock recovery. :P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Device: Nexus 4
Stock ROM
TWRP

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes