Clean install with custom recovery (TWRP) (recommended)
- Download the following files:
- aosp_mako-ota-eng.5.0.zip or aosp_mako-ota-eng-preroot.5.0.zip (if you want to have root*) (mirrors, thanks to dorqus)
- * In case you have already downloaded aosp_mako-ota-eng.5.0.zip you can also flash aosp_mako-boot-root.5.0.zip to prepare for root
- optional: BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip
- Recommended: Backup your apps:
adb backup -apk -obb -all -system
- Recommend: Backup your internal storage (see FAQ below for the reason). Either copy all files in Explorer or use adb:
adb pull /sdcard/
- Boot to recovery
- Recommend: Factory reset. Warning: All your apps and app data will be deleted! Make sure you have a backup!
- Recommend: Format/wipe internal storage (see FAQ below for the reason). Warning: All your files will be deleted! Make sure you have a backup!
- Format/wipe system
- Unmount system
- Install aosp_mako-ota-eng.5.0.zip (or aosp_mako-ota-eng-preroot.5.0.zip)
- Install gapps-lp-20141105-signed.zip
- Optional: Install BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip
- Have a break and don't panic! The first boot can take 5 to 10 minutes
- Optional: Recover from backup:
adb restore backup.ab
- Optional: Copy your files back to internal storage
Clean install with fastboot
You won't have GApps this way ...
WARNING: If you flash userdata.img, all your data will be gone! Even the files on internal storage!
- Download the images
- Boot to bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img fastboot flash system system.img
Oh no, all my files are lost!!!
Why should I wipe internal storage?
5.0 uses a much stricter SELinux policy than most 4.4 ROMs do. Normally the first boot should migrate all the things (and it did for me, but only the first time). If not, you are no longer able to see your internal storage (aka SD card). E.g. Camera says: Please enter an SD card. To fix that problem you have to either wipe the internal storage and let Android recreate the file structure. (You can before still access the /sdcard in TWRP for a backup with adb). Or you can fix the SELinux context with the following command (in recovery):
adb shell IFS=" " for i in `find /data/media`; do chcon u:object_r:media_rw_data_file:s0 "$i"; done
No, this is an AOSP build from the latest Lollipop sources.
Do I need to be on stock 4.4.4 before flashing?
No, but you should consider doing a factory reset otherwise.
Can I do a dirty upgrade?
Yes, you can. But you might spend a lot of time in fixing F/Cs...
Can this ROM be rooted?
Yes, just flash aosp_mako-ota-eng-preroot.5.0.zip (or aosp_mako-boot-root.5.0.zip) and BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip
No access to internal storage, even not with adb or as root. Seems like SELinux is misconfigured.See FAQ for solution
Due to incomplete GApps:
- WLAN/mobile based location isn't working
No face unlock (libs missing)works with new gapps calendar sync provider missingworks with new gapps
How to build
This ROM is build with the original Google sources:
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-5.0.0_r2
Binary blobs are taken from https://developers.google.com/androi.../blobs-preview.
The kernel is the default precompiled kernel provided by Google (can be found in device/lge/mako-kernel/kernel).
To prepare for root, you have to remove the seclabel line from system/core/rootdir/init.rc:
service flash_recovery /system/bin/install-recovery.sh class main seclabel u:r:install_recovery:s0 oneshot