[ROM][5.1.1] [Discontinued] ♦ AOSP ♦ OptiPop ♦ HellsCore ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/14/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
[ROM][5.1.1] [Discontinued] ♦ AOSP ♦ OptiPop ♦ HellsCore ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/14/15]

dtMLmTj.jpg

This is a port of Cl3Keners OptiPop rom to our N4 Mako. Many thanks to him for his permission and all thanks and credits go to him. :good: :good:
Please note: the kernel coming with the rom in this version is build of sources from hellsgod (build: b73-UTC-L, using this repo).

I've been making my own custom ROM builds with all of the features I like and optimizing it as much as possible so I thought I'd share with you all here on XDA.

OptiPop Features

►Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
►AOSP sources based
►Dark Material or White Material Builds
►Deodexed for Customizability (still user builds though for less debugging and greater battery)
►ROM built with UBERTC 4.9.3 (for speed and performance)
►Faster Animations (fling velocity, window animations, faster rotation, etc.)
►Opticharging to reduce apk size using pngquant which gives up to 70% compression
►Smoother scrolling
►Soft Reboot Option
►Strict Aliasing
►Graphite and -O3 Optimizations
►Built with optimized compiler flags
►Art & Bionic optimizations
►Busybox
►Slim Heads Up Changes for LP
►Disable Search Bar in Recents
►Quick pulldown settings
►Display rotate settings
►Power notification sound preference
►Status bar clock and date customizations
►Statusbar brightness control
►Extended power menu with settings (currently non-configurable)
►Clear all button on recent apps
►Preference for custom clear all recents button position
►Volume rocker wake
►Volume music control
►Volume adjust preference
►Volume panel style preference
►Safe headset volume preference
►LED control settings
►Incall vibration
►Navbar DPI settings
►Custom apns (Updated Regularly)
►Privacy Guard
►Quick Unlock
►Kill app longpress back
►Preference for status bar activity indicators for mobile data and wifi settings
►Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
►National data roaming
►Increasing ring feature
►Dialer lookup settings
►Pin Keypad Shuffler
►Statusbar ticker
►Volume button longpress seeks Music track on screen off
►MediaScanner Disable option
►ADB over Network
►SMS Rate Limiting
►Blacklist Support
►Wakeup on Charger Enabled/Disable Option
►SystemUI Restart Option
►CM Clock & Hide Alarm Icon
►Power Menu Configurability
►Proximity wakeup block
►QuickBoot Preinstalled
►CM System Profiles
►Battery Style Options
►PA Style Clear All
►Speed Tweaks
►QuickBoot Preinstalled
►Probably a thing or two more which I haven't noticed so far....

Known Bugs:

► You tell me

Rom Downloads

AndroidFileHost

Installation Instructions:

1) If you are coming from an other rom: Factory reset, Full Wipe, Data, Cache, System
2) Flash ROM then Gapps
3) Flash your choice of Superuser
(SuperSU found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)

Note: Always flash SuperSU last to avoid problems. If you choose to dirty flash wipe system partition then flash everything again in this order above ^^^. DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!

Please note that first boot will last a bit longer, can take till up to 10 min, so just wait and have a coffee :)

Gapps:

PA Gapps Modular Micro

Comprehensive Changelog

Source Code - “Good code is its own best documentation." ~Steve McConnell

I do also realize some of you don't really care about the full source documentation and just want smaller feature lists and such so read this instead:

Code:
[SIZE=4]
[B][SIZE="6"]Build Changelogs[/SIZE][/B]

[B]05/12/15[/B]
- Merged android_5.1.1_r2 - Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
- Removed AOSP Browser
- Added Custom Carrier Label (with color)
- Added Custom OTG Storage Notification
- Update to sqlite 3.8.10
- New Wallpapers (more optimized and better looking)
- Dark build: Fixed a theming issue during setup (you'll notice that WiFi connect menu looks better)
- Dark build: Dark Launcher theming
- Removed many unused drawables from frameworks-res.apk (smaller ROM size by almost 5 MB)
- Latest APNs (from CM)
- Many other under the hood changes to various repos (please refer to source)
- Updated HellsCore kernel to b73-L
[B]04/24/15[/B]
- Updated to latest LMY47V (android-5.1.1_r1)
- A few other minor under the hood tweaks for stability/speed (see source)
- Updated device code, based on [URL="https://github.com/Chroma-Aosp/vendor_lge_mako"]Chroma-Aosp[/URL] github, thanks to Sykopompos
- Updated vendor blobs to 5.1.1

[B]04/15/15[/B]
- Updated to latest LMY47O (android-5.1.0_r5)
- Updated sqlite to 3.8.9 (latest version)
- Latest Toolchain Updates for 4.9.3 (built today from source)
- Misc frameworks tweaks to remove more jank from ROM
- Vectorized navbar drawables (makes them smaller and more efficient)
[COLOR="Red"]Full wipe is recommended[/COLOR]

[B]04/06/15[/B]
- Initial Dark-5.1 LMY47I Release!  
- Note: some features from 5.0.2 have not been readded yet see above for current features

[B]03/29/15[/B]
- Initial release of OptiPop Dark Rebase version for Mako, based on yesterdays sources
- all customizations mentioned above included such as center clock and nav bar height

[B]03/23/15[/B]
- Dark build uploaded
- all customizations mentioned above included such as center clock and nav bar height

[B]03/21/15[/B]
- Initial release of OptiPop White Rebase version for Mako, based on yesterdays sources
 [/SIZE]

Credits:

Code:
[SIZE=4]
♦ Cl3Kener ♦ Williamsss ♦ Aidan Follestad ♦ chadouming (For Allowing Kener to build on his server) ♦ sparksco and SaberMod Team ♦ CyanogenMOD ♦ SlimRoms ♦ Omnirom ♦ Linaro ♦ LG ♦ Google ♦ SimpleAOSP ♦ [/SIZE]

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][5.1.1] ♦ AOSP ♦ OptiPop ♦ HellsCore ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/14/15], ROM for the Google Nexus 4

This Rom is an official kanging of N5 thread by @Cl3Kener lead author of OptiPop. So all credits and thanks goes to Cl3Kener !!

Contributors
rodman01
Source Code:
Rom: https://github.com/OptiPop
Kernel: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4
For tweaking the kernel, use Trickster Mod.

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
Last Updated 2015-05-14

Last edited:

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
@rodman01 : Thanx a lot man for bringing this awesome rom...:)
Btw its 5.0.2 or 5.1...buildprop had build number and id as 5.1 while certain places its 5.0.1...confused :p

Last edited:

jer_ying_fd

Nov 30, 2013
Wow, heard a lot of good things about this rom in the N5 forum, can't wait to try the 5.1 version of this rom once it's released

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
There is still no 5.1 factory image for the N4 out, but sources of Cl3Kener are mainly for N5 and others and so the Rom is already "prepared" for 5.1 I am not sure whether it is already everything merged, think several things are still in progress, but build number and version number already shows 5.1....even so he hasn't released the 5.1 yet, so take it as a good mix or cocktail :) and stay tuned :).

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
There is still no 5.1 factory image for the N4 out, but sources of Cl3Kener are mainly for N5 and others and so the Rom is already "prepared" for 5.1 I am not sure whether it is already everything merged, think several things are still in progress, but build number and version number already shows 5.1....even so he hasn't released the 5.1 yet, so take it as a good mix or cocktail :) and stay tuned :).

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Loving the dark version...hope you maintain this :)

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
If I am not mistaken, in device sources is a separate apn.xml, which some additional apns to the default xml. Nothing spectacular :).

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
If I am not mistaken, in device sources is a separate apn.xml, which some additional apns to the default xml. Nothing spectacular :).

All is working well...clean flashed...but are you using dark-rebase ?
Cos nothing is dark in this :p
Everything is white :)
Though...https://github.com/OptiPop/packages_apps_Contacts/commits/rebase-dark has commits for dark ui ?
Any reason for that ?
Edit : Also after installing apk package installer fcs each time though app is installed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rodman01

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
All is working well...clean flashed...but are you using dark-rebase ?
Cos nothing is dark in this :p
Everything is white :)
Though...https://github.com/OptiPop/packages_apps_Contacts/commits/rebase-dark has commits for dark ui ?
Any reason for that ?
Edit : Also after installing apk package installer fcs each time though app is installed :)
Many thanks for the info...I noticed that too yesterday, but it was quite late and I was quite sure that I used the dark rebase branch...rechecked the manifests again and saw my mistake and confirm that its the white rebase version...I will rename everything and sorry for confusion!!! (btw: new version full featured and dark is in the ofen :))
According apk package installer I have no idea, can you explain it a bit more or do you have more info.

jer_ying_fd

Nov 30, 2013
Many thanks for the info...I noticed that too yesterday, but it was quite late and I was quite sure that I used the dark rebase branch...rechecked the manifests again and saw my mistake and confirm that its the white rebase version...I will rename everything and sorry for confusion!!! (btw: new version full featured and dark is in the ofen :))
According apk package installer I have no idea, can you explain it a bit more or do you have more info.

So basically as the app is installed, the installer will fc instead of letting you select "Done" or "Open". Nothing that has a real negative impact as the app is fully installed with no problems at all. Btw, if I want to install another kernel, do I have to flash stock before installing the other kernel?

Last edited:

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune

Fantastic waiting for the dark one....:)
Hate white :p
Btw when you install an apk after the installation completes you get a message packages installer force closed...though app is installed all right...
Rom is smooth and loving it...:)
Just compile a dark one soon as rebase-dark is more updated than white one if u check the commits too :)

Last edited:

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
I tested the gapps from point 2 in installation tips from op. They are working. Kener linked to pa gapps (also in op), but I haven't tried them yet.

iHeadhunterz

Oct 19, 2011
Chicago
I tested the gapps from point 2 in installation tips from op. They are working. Kener linked to pa gapps (also in op), but I haven't tried them yet.
I have tested with PA Gapps and unfortunately, they don't work with this ROM. I'm using latest TWRP and is says Installation failed due to incompatible Android Version. I'm not sure if it's because it reads the rom as 5.1 but really it's 5.0.2.
Do you think you can fix this problem? I had to boot without gapps and I'm just awaiting till this gets fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dtMLmTj.jpg

This is a port of Cl3Keners OptiPop rom to our N4 Mako. Many thanks to him for his permission and all thanks and credits go to him. :good: :good:
    Please note: the kernel coming with the rom in this version is build of sources from hellsgod (build: b73-UTC-L, using this repo).

I've been making my own custom ROM builds with all of the features I like and optimizing it as much as possible so I thought I'd share with you all here on XDA.

OptiPop Features

►Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
    ►AOSP sources based
    ►Dark Material or White Material Builds
    ►Deodexed for Customizability (still user builds though for less debugging and greater battery)
    ►ROM built with UBERTC 4.9.3 (for speed and performance)
    ►Faster Animations (fling velocity, window animations, faster rotation, etc.)
    ►Opticharging to reduce apk size using pngquant which gives up to 70% compression
    ►Smoother scrolling
    ►Soft Reboot Option
    ►Strict Aliasing
    ►Graphite and -O3 Optimizations
    ►Built with optimized compiler flags
    ►Art & Bionic optimizations
    ►Busybox
    ►Slim Heads Up Changes for LP
    ►Disable Search Bar in Recents
    ►Quick pulldown settings
    ►Display rotate settings
    ►Power notification sound preference
    ►Status bar clock and date customizations
    ►Statusbar brightness control
    ►Extended power menu with settings (currently non-configurable)
    ►Clear all button on recent apps
    ►Preference for custom clear all recents button position
    ►Volume rocker wake
    ►Volume music control
    ►Volume adjust preference
    ►Volume panel style preference
    ►Safe headset volume preference
    ►LED control settings
    ►Incall vibration
    ►Navbar DPI settings
    ►Custom apns (Updated Regularly)
    ►Privacy Guard
    ►Quick Unlock
    ►Kill app longpress back
    ►Preference for status bar activity indicators for mobile data and wifi settings
    ►Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
    ►National data roaming
    ►Increasing ring feature
    ►Dialer lookup settings
    ►Pin Keypad Shuffler
    ►Statusbar ticker
    ►Volume button longpress seeks Music track on screen off
    ►MediaScanner Disable option
    ►ADB over Network
    ►SMS Rate Limiting
    ►Blacklist Support
    ►Wakeup on Charger Enabled/Disable Option
    ►SystemUI Restart Option
    ►CM Clock & Hide Alarm Icon
    ►Power Menu Configurability
    ►Proximity wakeup block
    ►QuickBoot Preinstalled
    ►CM System Profiles
    ►Battery Style Options
    ►PA Style Clear All
    ►Speed Tweaks
    ►QuickBoot Preinstalled
    ►Probably a thing or two more which I haven't noticed so far....

Known Bugs:

► You tell me

Rom Downloads

AndroidFileHost

Installation Instructions:

1) If you are coming from an other rom: Factory reset, Full Wipe, Data, Cache, System
    2) Flash ROM then Gapps
    3) Flash your choice of Superuser
    (SuperSU found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)

Note: Always flash SuperSU last to avoid problems. If you choose to dirty flash wipe system partition then flash everything again in this order above ^^^. DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!

Please note that first boot will last a bit longer, can take till up to 10 min, so just wait and have a coffee :)

Gapps:

PA Gapps Modular Micro

Comprehensive Changelog

Source Code - “Good code is its own best documentation." ~Steve McConnell

I do also realize some of you don't really care about the full source documentation and just want smaller feature lists and such so read this instead:

Code:
    [SIZE=4]
    [B][SIZE="6"]Build Changelogs[/SIZE][/B]

[B]05/12/15[/B]
    - Merged android_5.1.1_r2 - Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
    - Removed AOSP Browser
    - Dark build: Fixed a theming issue during setup (you'll notice that WiFi connect menu looks better)
    - Dark build: Dark Launcher theming
    - Removed many unused drawables from frameworks-res.apk (smaller ROM size by almost 5 MB)
    - Latest APNs (from CM)
    [B]04/24/15[/B]
    - Updated to latest LMY47V (android-5.1.1_r1)
    - A few other minor under the hood tweaks for stability/speed (see source)
    - Updated device code, based on [URL="https://github.com/Chroma-Aosp/vendor_lge_mako"]Chroma-Aosp[/URL] github, thanks to Sykopompos
    - Updated vendor blobs to 5.1.1

[B]04/15/15[/B]
    - Updated to latest LMY47O (android-5.1.0_r5)
    - Updated sqlite to 3.8.9 (latest version)
    - Latest Toolchain Updates for 4.9.3 (built today from source)
    - Misc frameworks tweaks to remove more jank from ROM
    - Vectorized navbar drawables (makes them smaller and more efficient)
    [COLOR="Red"]Full wipe is recommended[/COLOR]

[B]04/06/15[/B]
    - Initial Dark-5.1 LMY47I Release!  
    - Note: some features from 5.0.2 have not been readded yet see above for current features

[B]03/29/15[/B]
    - Initial release of OptiPop Dark Rebase version for Mako, based on yesterdays sources

[B]03/23/15[/B]
    - Dark build uploaded

[B]03/21/15[/B]
    - Initial release of OptiPop White Rebase version for Mako, based on yesterdays sources
     [/SIZE]

Credits:

Code:
    [SIZE=4]
    ♦ Cl3Kener ♦ Williamsss ♦ Aidan Follestad ♦ chadouming (For Allowing Kener to build on his server) ♦ sparksco and SaberMod Team ♦ CyanogenMOD ♦ SlimRoms ♦ Omnirom ♦ Linaro ♦ LG ♦ Google ♦ SimpleAOSP ♦ [/SIZE]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.1.1] ♦ AOSP ♦ OptiPop ♦ HellsCore ♦ UBERTC 4.9.3 ♦ [05/14/15], ROM for the Google Nexus 4

This Rom is an official kanging of N5 thread by @Cl3Kener lead author of OptiPop. So all credits and thanks goes to Cl3Kener !!

Contributors
    rodman01
    Source Code:
    Rom: https://github.com/OptiPop
    Kernel: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4
    For tweaking the kernel, use Trickster Mod.

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-03-23
    Last Updated 2015-05-14
    new build optipop dark is online

Hi there and good evening/Good Morning :),
    a new optipop dark build is ready and uploaded. For changelog and more informations, please see below or follow the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ChetKener/posts/abEd2Hx21Ty?cfem=1

Download
    OptiPop_mako-Dark-5.1.1-2015-05-13.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952603064

Changelog
    Merged android_5.1.1_r2 - Lollipop 5.1.1 LMY47X
    - Removed AOSP Browser
    - Dark build: themed Launcher dark.
    - Latest APNs (from CM)
    5.1.1 Initial Release for Mako is online

Hello and Good Evening,
    a new build is done and uploaded. Its now based on android 5.1.1 and with updated vendor blobs, as well as to latest HellsCore kernel.

for more informations please see changelog in op and Chets initial post for the rom in his N5 thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60268344&postcount=3507

Download
    OptiPop_mako-Dark-5.1.1-2015-04-24.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=96042739161892991
    flash and have fun :)...Happy Weekend!
    new build optipop dark is online

Good Morning Android Lovers :),
    now also the white version is done and uploaded and ready for you to flash....
    Download
    OptiPop_mako-Opti-5.1.1-2015-05-14.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952603260
    Informations!!!

Optipop team has decided to make the rom for mako official. They added mako to github. But I won't join the team. I think, that there will be new releases from them shortly and a new thread will be opened. So in my opinion, this thread will ne redundant and needles. And it makes no sense to keep a nearly equal rom a live.
    At the end, I want to thank you all very much for your support, for using the rom and for your help and in some cases for your patience. :good:. I had much fun with the rom, I loved it and it was a very good experience. Maybe see you soon with and on an other rom ;) :good: