Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][KOT49H] Nexus 5 Experience - Factory Image for Nexus 4 [R 3.0 - 25Jan]

Tip us?

andersonaragao
Old
(Last edited by andersonaragao; 25th January 2014 at 02:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3866
Default [ROM][4.4.2][KOT49H] Nexus 5 Experience - Factory Image for Nexus 4 [R 3.0 - 25Jan]

Stock or LTE Enabled (Rooted or Unrooted versions)

Features
  • This is not a Port. This is built from latest Kit Kat Factory Image for Nexus 4 with dsixda's Android Kitchen without any merge
  • Bootloader, Radio and Rom on one flashable zip file
  • Bootloader makoz30d from Factory Image
  • Radio m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.98 from Factory Image on Stock Version and Hybrid 0.27/0.98 (W97C27MO98) Radio from @cg87 on LTE Version
  • Sweep2wake, Sweep2sleep and Doubletap2wake on Rooted Version (Thanks to showp1984)
  • KEXEC-HARDBOOT on Rooted Version (Multirom support - Thanks to @Tasssadar)
  • USB Fastcharge support on Rooted Version
  • Init.d Color Calibration Profile Support on Rooted Version
  • Full Nexus 5 Experience since the first boot with Google Launcher, Stock Wallpapers including the default Nexus 5 wallpaper, Ringtones, Lockscreen transparency and Stock apps
  • 4G option on "Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Mode" (Only on LTE Enabled Version). This version works with 2G, 3G and 4G modes and still in 4G Mode if you select it even if you turn off the phone
  • Always the latest Gapps Updates from Google
  • Working ART with updated Library on Both versions (Roms is Odexed)
  • Optimized Dalvik Libraries from Moto X 4.4 release (Dalvik and Bionic optimizations)
  • Auto Zipalign of /data/app on Rooted version
  • Busybox 1.21.1 with init.d support on Rooted version
  • Integrated SuperSU 1.86 app in Settings without Launcher icon on Rooted version
  • Integrated Privacy Guard in Settings > Security on Rooted version
  • Integrated Push Notifications Interval set in Settings > More... on Wireless & Networks > Push Notifications Interval on Rooted version

Changelog

Release 1.0:

Initial Release

Release 1.1:

Optimized Dalvik Libraries from Moto X 4.4 release (thanks to @kszaq for this)
ART library updated (thanks to @cernekee for this)
Play Newstand reverted to Play Magazines because Newstand causes FC on first boot when you become a Factory Reset. (it's a Newstand bug)

Release 1.1.1 (Only for Rooted LTE Enabled Version):

apns-conf.xml fixed with 4G APN's version

Release 1.2 (Only for Rooted and Rooted LTE Enabled Versions):

Superuser app changed to SuperSU because Superuser don't support ART runtime yet.
  • After flash this, SuperSU icon will appear but you don't need it because you already have the Superuser menu on Settings.
  • To get it off, open SuperSU, go to Settings, scroll down to Customization and on Launcher icon, select Invisible (hidden from launcher) and it will no longer appear in the launcher.

Release 1.3:

Updated to latest Gapps released yesterday to get more free internal storage
LTE icon instead of 4G on signal bar for LTE Enabled versions

Release 1.4:

Added on all versions the DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-bold.ttf fonts forgotten by Google on Factory Image and without this some apps like Photoshop Touch and others gets FC (Thanks to @o.beren for this report)
Added App Ops in Settings on Rooted versions
Other improvements in system internals

Release 1.5:

Updated to the 4.4.1 KOT49E Released by Google
New KOT49E Radio firmware on Non-LTE versions
New KOT49E Kernel on unrooted versions
Privacy Guard (App Ops) moved to Settings > Security on Rooted version
Latest Gapps from Play Store

Release 1.5.1:

LTE instead of 4G on Status Bar
New KOT49E Kernel on Rooted version
New KOT49E Hybrid Radio on LTE Enabled Version

Release 2.0:

Updated to KOT49H from Google
Internal system improviments by Google
Latest Gapps
Updated SuperSU to version 1.80 on Rooted Versions
Privacy Guard (a.k. App Ops) still working on Rooted Versions

Release 2.0.1 (Only for LTE Enabled Versions):

LTE instead of 4G on Status Bar

Release 2.1:

Built from latest Full Factory Image for Nexus 4 from Google Nexus Devices page
Introducing a new feature in Rooted ROM: Push Notifications Interval! Now you can set the time that the system check the Notifications on Google Servers. The default heartbeat times from Stock is 15 minutes over Wifi and 27 minutes!!! over Mobile Network. To set this, go to Settings > More... on Wireless & Networks > Push Notifications Interval. Select the interval of Notifications Verification (heartbeat) on Mobile and Wifi networks
Updated SuperSU to V1.86
Latest Gapps updates from Google

Release 3.0:

Rooted Versions now comes with my own Kernel with Sweep2wake, Doubletap2wake, Fastcharge, KEXEC-HARDBOOT (Multirom support) and init.d Color Calibration Profile Support
Updated SuperSU to V1.91
Latest Gapps updates from Google

For those who are upgrading a Release, don't wipe ANYTHING! Just flash it. This works like a charm!

Downloads
  • Stock Version - Release 3.0 - Stable - MD5 - efa4d33c95bb792a537eef3e54c9ea60
  • Stock Version (LTE Enabled) - Release 3.0 - Stable - MD5 - 8fec8e554547acda90ed6468e8e064ba
  • Rooted Version - Release 3.0 - Stable - MD5 - 0acb1dfe7785e23ef01d283d2e9543ad
  • Rooted Version (LTE Enabled) - Release 3.0 - Stable - MD5 - 5741447f31e275e933af1004f77881fa

Mirrors to all versions: http://nexus4.techxeroblog.com - Thanks to @TechXero

Enablers for S2W, S2S and D2W (Only for Rooted Versions) - Flash this after the ROM. If you are updating a Release, flash it again!

Sweep2wake and Sweep2sleep Enabler
Sweep2sleep only Enabler
Doubletap2wake and Sweep2sleep Enabler
Doubletap2wake only Enabler
Disabler

Enabler for USB Fastcharge Support (Only for Rooted Versions) - Flash this after the ROM. If you are updating a Release, flash it again!

USB Fastcharge Enabler - Only compatible with Release 3.0 or newer.

Color Profiles (Only for Rooted Versions) - Flash this after the ROM. If you are updating a Release, flash it again!

Halfbreed Color Profile
iPhone 5 Color Profile

How to Install
  1. Make sure you have the latest CWM or TWRP recovery
  2. Copy the Rom zip file to Internal Storage
  3. Backup your files and data (if you like, backup Data, System and Boot with Recovery)
  4. If you are updating it, just flash it, don't wipe ANYTHING. If this is your first time on it and want a clean install to get no erros (but it's not needed), Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache (and if you are on TWRP, after this, go to Mount and uncheck System to get no errors)
  5. Flash the Rom you want to use (This will flashs new Bootloader and new Radio too, automatically)
  6. Restart and Setup this

If someone have any issues, please report here so I try to fix as soon as possible!

This works only with LTE Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100) that is supported by Nexus 4. If your carrier don't have support to Band 4 of LTE, I recommend that you use the version without LTE.

Special Thanks to

@dsixda - Android Kitchen
Google - Factory Image and Binaries
Clockworkmod and TeamWin - Recoveries
@Chainfire - SuperSU
@cg87 - Hybrid Radio
@Diaz1999 for Settings Mod Guide
@flunk86 for testing it with me
All Developers of XDA Forum for for sharing information

And if you like my work, press Thanks!

And if you want to give me a coffee, click here. I'll be happy!

Screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-21-17-06-09.jpg
Views:	27487
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	2408244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-21-17-05-10.jpg
Views:	27705
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	2408245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-21-17-05-20.jpg
Views:	26490
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	2408246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-21-17-10-55.jpg
Views:	24860
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2408248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-18-02-28-02[1].png
Views:	8945
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	2461564  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-18-02-28-09[1].png
Views:	8285
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	2461565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-18-10-28-09[1].png
Views:	8075
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	2461581  

Nexus 4 16gb Black - Nexus 5 16gb Black

The Following 277 Users Say Thank You to andersonaragao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ambuj
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Downloading now. Will give it a try. Just one question do you know why I don't get LTE ever, even when I am using hybrid radio and 4G Sim and I am on LTE coverage area. Its kind of off- topic but just wanted to ask. Will give feedback after using this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luiseteyo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2062
Thanks for your efforts, and I don't want to misvalue your work but we already have an advanced nexus 5 PORT. Are you going to set up some advanced settings or something like that in this rom? Are you going to add more features?
The Following User Says Thank You to luiseteyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andersonaragao
Old
(Last edited by andersonaragao; 22nd November 2013 at 12:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiseteyo View Post
Thanks for your efforts, and I don't want to misvalue your work but we already have an advanced nexus 5 PORT. Are you going to set up some advanced settings or something like that in this rom? Are you going to add more features?
This is not a port, it is based on the Nexus 4 Factory Image but bringing the user experience of the Nexus 5 and integrated root on rooted version. My idea is to easy the installation of a rom without flashing other zip files with the bootloader and radio, mods to get Nexus 5 transparency and launcher or root. To help users with less experience on flashing files. And I'm always updating it with the latest GAPPS to get less space in the internal storage.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to andersonaragao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andersonaragao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambuj View Post
Downloading now. Will give it a try. Just one question do you know why I don't get LTE ever, even when I am using hybrid radio and 4G Sim and I am on LTE coverage area. Its kind of off- topic but just wanted to ask. Will give feedback after using this ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't know what might be happening. Try using this version and enable 4g in Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to andersonaragao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nvwieren
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Hangs on first boot (Google logo)

Hi, I've installed the rooted version (no LTE) and now it hangs on first boot.

Wipe data/cache + dalvik and installed as usual.
Regards,
Nick

------------------------------------------------------------
Google Nexus 4

andersonaragao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvwieren View Post
Hi, I've installed the rooted version (no LTE) and now it hangs on first boot.

Wipe data/cache + dalvik and installed as usual.
I tested it over 30 times, including'm using this version because it does not have LTE here! And had no error on first boot. Try to reinstall again and post the results. See if you're using TWRP, if you unmount the system partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to andersonaragao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JOEOZUNA4U
Old
Thanks Meter 185
does this ROM have the stock SMS app? If it does, can it be deleted without affecting the Rom?

andersonaragao
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEOZUNA4U View Post
does this ROM have the stock SMS app? If it does, can it be deleted without affecting the Rom?
No, this no have it. This has only applications that comes stock on the Nexus 5 but nothing is ported from this.

debnath
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This looks cool. I am as well running the nexus 5 port. Will switch to this one only if I have sufficient reasons. Perhaps if the answers to my questions are all in yes

1. Can we enable ART?
2. Does titanium backup and whatsapp work with ART enabled?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to debnath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
kit kat, mako, nexus 4, nexus 4 4.4, nexus 5 experience