[ROM][4.4.4][Jul-2] UNOFFICIAL CM11 KitKANG v6 | Security patch 6/2016 | UBERTC 5.4

Do you need further (security) updates of this ROM?

• Yeah, please keep KitKANG up to date!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I really don't care, isn't it safe enough?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not for me, I changed to a different ROM.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

justmix4

Feb 20, 2016
Hi Spezi.
Are you planning still maintain this ROM alive?
And if it supports DT2W?
Personally, I'm a little tired ROMs-based LP and MM, they drain battery really quick.
Regards! ?

Last edited:

spezi77

Recognized Developer /Inactive RC
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Hi Spezi.
And if it supports DT2W?
Personally, I'm a little tired ROMs-based LP and MM, they drain battery really quick.
Regards! ?
Hey there,

Maybe yes. It depends on the number of requests. I guess that I could add a kernel update which solves the QuadRooter vulnerability. Maybe I could see if DT2W can be added on top..

Anyone else interested?

limnaln

Jun 28, 2013
Plovdiv
Hey there,

Maybe yes. It depends on the number of requests. I guess that I could add a kernel update which solves the QuadRooter vulnerability. Maybe I could see if DT2W can be added on top..

Anyone else interested?
Interested in DT2W but only if it doesn't drain battery. About updates for this rom - idk, isn't it okay as for now? :)

Reactions: justmix4

spezi77

Recognized Developer /Inactive RC
Jan 27, 2013
/home/less
Interested in DT2W but only if it doesn't drain battery. About updates for this rom - idk, isn't it okay as for now? :)
Updates for this ROM will be security related, nothing else. I could add features to the kernel, but I cannot guarantee that battery life will be the same as before, in either a negative or positive way. :p

P.s.: I can't say when there will be a time frame to start with it, as I am currently busy with building N for our mako.

Reactions: justmix4

limnaln

Jun 28, 2013
Plovdiv
Updates for this ROM will be security related, nothing else. I could add features to the kernel, but I cannot guarantee that battery life will be the same as before, in either a negative or positive way. :p

P.s.: I can't say when there will be a time frame to start with it, as I am currently busy with building N for our mako.
No problem, man, deliver us N. Probably everything after KK is going to be more battery draining (incl. N), right? :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][4.4.4][Jul-2] UNOFFICIAL CM11 KitKANG v6 | Security patch 6/2016 | UBERTC 5.4

KitKANG - the most secure CyanogenMod 11 for the Google Nexus 4

cm11-kitkat-releasezcsgi.jpg

Android 4.4.4 KTU84Q / UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 (Latest repo sync: 2nd July 2016)

cm11v5s0o.png

General info about this ROM

After a test period without unexpected reboots and other issues, I thought that I could share with you my personal rom which has been source built from CyanogenMod 11.0 codebase. I have made it because I wanted to get a smooth and stable Kitkat for my N4 with the security patches to fix Stagefright 2.0 holes and further Android Security Updates. Furthermore, I got frustrated by the decreased battery life with "heavyweight" ROMs based on LP or MM. Those didn't allow my N4 to survive more than 24h. I have tried out a few different kernels and toolchains for compilation, and in the end I decided for the custom N4 ultimate kernel by faux123 as it performed greatly on my device in terms of:

1. Battery Usage

2. Performance
    * delivering snappy UI transitions when multi-tasking across many apps
    * delivering high test results in AnTuTu benchmark

3. Stability

Credits

* @faux123 for his magic ultimate kernel for the Nexus 4

* SlimROM for a few tweaks in the mako device-tree (e.g. camera auto focus fix)

* CyanogenMod for the stable base for this rom

* Grarak for Kernel Adiutor

* Big thanks @txuki2005 for his advice on how to make a CM kernel, as well as for the CPU governors and some fixes that were taken from his TaUrUs kernel

My decent changes

* Removed CMUpdater

* Added JackPal's Terminal Emulator

* Added NovaLauncher

* Added Quick Swipe (Credits Mahdi-Rom)

* Built-in "Kernel Adiutor" in Settings > Personalization (this will give you access to tons of kernel and hardware tunables)

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer

* Your Warranty is now Void!

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 

* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 

* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

Download and Changelog

KitKANG ROM v6 with my patched mako kernel based on the work of faux123

* Synced with CM codebase to obtain the latest Android security patches (1st June 2016)

* Kernel updates (see https://github.com/spezi77/mako/commits/kk_mr2_cm)

* Compiled with latest UBER-TC 5.4.1 for increased performance & energy efficiency

* Fix an issue which prevented the Development Settings to appear

* Update to Nova Launcher 4.3.1

KitKANG ROM v5 with my patched mako kernel based on the work of faux123

* Applied Android security patches as advised here (1st March 2016)

* Applied tweaks & optimizations I use in my n4 for CPU governor, i/o scheduler and other hw tunables as default

* Built in a modified version of Kernel Adiutor (there is a new menu item entitled "Kernel Adiutor" in Settings > Personalization)

KitKANG ROM v4 with my patched mako kernel based on the work of faux123

* Added Android security patches as advised here (1st November 2015)

* Switched to my own fork of faux's ultimate kernel to fix a few security holes (as advised by VTS for Android)

* Compiled the kernel with UBER toolchain 4.9.4 for increased speed and battery life

* Added a bunch of CPU governors for experimental usage

* Built in KernelTweaker for experimental usage (you will find a new menu item entitled "Performance" in Settings > Personalization)

How can I install it ?

1. Make a backup of your current ROM and make a backup of your apps (e.g. with Titanium Backup - requires root!)

2. Copy the ROM of your choice and the Gapps in your device (SlimROM Gapps are highly recommended)

3. Reboot in recovery (TWRP or CWM)

4. Full wipe (if you come from a different ROM!) -- or dirty flash if you come from a previous version of this ROM

5. Flash the ROM -- if dirty flashed, don't forget to wipe cache & dalvik-cache, and of course skip the Gapps installation

6. Flash the Gapps

7. Reboot

8. Enjoy the ROM

What's working?

* Ev3rything! :D

Troubleshooting

* When starting the ROM, the boot animation will disappear almost immeduiately and your screen will then stay black until the system has completely booted. Don't worry, this is normal and is a result of kernel boot time optimizations!

* It has been observed that the ultimate kernel by faux123 gets into a boot loop on some devices. In this case you could either try the mainline kernel by faux123 or you simply install a stock kernel.

* In case of any other issue, please ensure that you have the correct version of bootloader for Kitkat: makoz30d (MD5: 231391520593C16647470489947303C0). Thanks fkrone for the Nexus 4 Bootloader Collection.

Note

Please be gentle.. it's my first N4 ROM! :good:

Have a nice day! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    KitKANG - my homemade CyanogenMod 11.0 for the Google Nexus 4, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    spezi77
    Source Code: https://github.com/spezi77

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-20

Created 2015-08-20
    Last Updated 2016-07-02
    Hey there!

I have uploaded a new version which is more secure, faster and with longer battery life tm.jpg.

I have compiled the kernel this time with UBERTC v4.9.4 !

Have a nice day! ;)
    - spezi
    Hi Spezi.
    And if it supports DT2W?
    Regards! ?
    Hey there,

Anyone else interested?
    Hey Mate, love your rom, still using it (best Battery and Performance).

Will there be an update for the new Stagefright "Metaphor" Exploit.

Yes please, really liked it when it was on the latest security patch :good:

Hey guys,
    The new version arrived..

Happy Easter! :D