[WIFI FIX UPDATED] Nexus 4 Wireless solution/fix!

Did the zip file solved the WiFi issue?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Hello!
Do you have problems during streaming Youtube videos?
Do you notice a very slow connection with your Nexus 4?
Do you notice that your other clients (like notebook, other smarthones, pc, etc etc) are connecting very well with the same router's settings?
Good, the problems are not inside the router's settings. The real issue is neither into the Nexus 4's Qualcomm WiFi adapter.
The issue is only in a configuration file named WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.

You have only to flash the zip file through recovery.
If you don't notice the difference, if this zip file is not helping you, please write here and you can always flash the stock/default settings.
Let me know the result! With my settings I solved my issues!
Regards,

kalo86

Disclaimer:
- THIS WIFI FIX PROPOSED BY ME DO NOT SOLVE THE DELAYED NOTIFICATIONS.
- THIS WIFI FIX IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SOLUTION.
- THIS WIFI FIX WORKS ON AOSP BASED ROMs.
- THIS WIFI FIX MAY NOT WORK ON OTHER NON-AOSP ROMs.

PS: please vote the poll, that will help me and other people! Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Nexus4_wifi_solution_by_kalo86_AOSP-4.4.zip
    152.7 KB · Views: 12,983
  • Nexus4_default_wifi_settings_AOSP-4.4.zip
    152.6 KB · Views: 5,771
Last edited:

Godaemon

Oct 30, 2012
OnePlus 7T Pro
Well thanks for your willingness to help but could you provide us with a " changelog " ??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
People I made a simple thing: I extracted the WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini from an official LG Optimus G Rom (a device which shares the same hardware of our Nexus 4) and this file seems to work fine.
I did not test if this workaround fixes the missing notifications bug when the screen is off.

Reactions: nevrlow and iamXD

sigma392

Apr 21, 2013
Battery life will drop like a rock with this. It won't let your phone sleep while you're on WiFi. Actually knew of this before but the battery life... Stopped using this when Prima Drivers were released but this is a GREAT workaround if you don't want the ARP issues caused by Prima Drivers. Another option is to set your router's beacon scanning to 10ms or less :)

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Battery life will drop like a rock with this. It won't let your phone sleep while you're on WiFi. Actually knew of this before but the battery life... Stopped using this when Prima Drivers were released but this is a GREAT workaround if you don't want the ARP issues caused by Prima Drivers. Another option is to set your router's beacon scanning to 10ms or less :)

Maybe I was not so clear.
I did NOT edited

from "gEnableBmps=1"
to "gEnableBmps=0"

but I simply adopted another ini file which is going very good and the battery life is the same like the stock ini file.

sigma392

Apr 21, 2013
Maybe I was not so clear.
I did NOT edited

from "gEnableBmps=1"
to "gEnableBmps=0"

but I simply adopted another ini file which is going very good and the battery life is the same like the stock ini file.

You should then remove that part from the Original Post. It confuses people. Not here to attack your thread or anything. I just misunderstood stuff :)

Reactions: kalo86

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
You should then remove that part from the Original Post. It confuses people. Not here to attack your thread or anything. I just misunderstood stuff :)

Yes, I'm sorry, I just removed that part because may confuse people.
Anyway I am getting the same performance of my notebook connected at the same wifi network.
Now I can watch videos without problems ;)

Hyperionas

Mar 9, 2013
Athens
Sadly,fell into a bootloop spiral after flashing this..
I hope it's my fault ( my phone's configuration fault)
Can someone else give feedback?
Thanks anyway!!

EDIT: Tried this a second time and all went well.
I'll send feedback later on.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Donskjr

sigma392

Apr 21, 2013
Will test this against the Prima Drivers. Comparing stock settings and this, I see that the code should theoretically work well ;)

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
With one user going into a bootloop may I suggest that you post the rom you are on as well. This will also help narrow down any issues. Now for the guy who had an issue were you on a cm based rom or aosp?

running LiquidSmooth 2.5 and Semaphore kernel... flashed with no problem but Youtube streaming issues are still there

Last edited:

duckied

Apr 5, 2010
Chi-Town
Cool gonna check this out. Oddly earlier this morning I was wondering why my n4 wifi slow at times.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

copi

May 21, 2007
jakarta
hi kalo
if I have,, I think I have normal wifi speed, does this zip will make my wifi speed even better?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

knapz

Apr 25, 2011
hi kalo
if I have,, I think I have normal wifi speed, does this zip will make my wifi speed even better?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My normal was always slower than on my laptop. I was getting 8-9 mb/sec and now I get 11-12. We'll see if battery life stays relatively the same.

carbon | semaphore

Reactions: copi

copi

May 21, 2007
jakarta
My normal was always slower than on my laptop. I was getting 8-9 mb/sec and now I get 11-12. We'll see if battery life stays relatively the same.

carbon | semaphore

It's true,, my wifi speed just testing on download app from playstore is extra 'normal' now :) thank u
I'm using eos rom with semaphore kernel btw

Reactions: chrone

iShubham

You know, when I was reading original post, I felt like its sort of the advertisements that come on TV ( like are you fat? do you want to decrease your fat? are you facing hairfall problem?) Dont take it seriously! Just told what I got in mind :) :laugh:

BTW I flashed this, and no bootloops for me atleast, I am running PA latest alpha with Franco R143 :highfive:
Ill post the results after testing for some hours! :)
Thanks for this!

kalo86

Jan 17, 2011
Turin
Hi guys,

Maybe I have to explain better why I advice to flash the zip file.
In my house I have a DSL line @ 10Mbit/s but I cannot reach 4Mbit/s with my Nexus 4.
In the contrary my Galaxy Nexus and other 3 laptops reach the limit of my DSL wifi network.
I was getting very bad when I wanted to watch a video from Youtube with my Nexus and I only see a waiting/loading animation... This is bad.

For this reason I noticed that editing the config file something changed and so I adopted the LG Optimus G ini file, a smartphone which shares the same hardware of the Google Nexus 4.
I am using an AOSP based ROM (compiled from a pure source code by me) and with the stock kernel.
Wifi appears to be fixed and finally the wifi speed reach the DSL band limit.
This workaround solved my problem with my DSL router but it is not a rule that my fix will solve the world.
Battery life is really great, over 4h 30min screen and surfing on internet with wifi radio on for about 2 hours.
Again: my problem seems to be fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    Do you have problems during streaming Youtube videos?
    Do you notice a very slow connection with your Nexus 4?
    Do you notice that your other clients (like notebook, other smarthones, pc, etc etc) are connecting very well with the same router's settings?
    Good, the problems are not inside the router's settings. The real issue is neither into the Nexus 4's Qualcomm WiFi adapter.
    The issue is only in a configuration file named WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.

You have only to flash the zip file through recovery.
    If you don't notice the difference, if this zip file is not helping you, please write here and you can always flash the stock/default settings.
    Let me know the result! With my settings I solved my issues!
    Regards,

kalo86

Disclaimer:
    - THIS WIFI FIX PROPOSED BY ME DO NOT SOLVE THE DELAYED NOTIFICATIONS.
    - THIS WIFI FIX IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SOLUTION.
    - THIS WIFI FIX WORKS ON AOSP BASED ROMs.
    - THIS WIFI FIX MAY NOT WORK ON OTHER NON-AOSP ROMs.

PS: please vote the poll, that will help me and other people! Thanks for your help!
    Please, someone try this zip and reply, will be any difference between my zip and fix in this thread? This zip contain stock Wi-Fi settings from Nexus 4 with one added string.

I had problem with Wi-Fi speed for a very long time. I can't see YouTube (only on m.youtube.com with low quality), but other my devices have very high speed. I have 100 Mbts/s internet connection. When i added one string ("gDataInactivityTimeout=200"), i got high speed on my Nexus 4...

Sorry for my bad english ;)
    Hello guys. .any possible non root fix for the wifi dropping while screen off?

just bought a n4 for the wife and she wont let me root it after I bricked a galaxy note a year ago

Sent from my rooted GT-N7100 using xda premium

When she's asleep........ Pounce !!!

I mean to root the phone of course ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The fix has made it's way into Android core in 4.3 JSS (incl PA/CM, but not stock 4.3) and no more requires external flashing. All thanks to @kalo86 for fixing the miserable WiFi on 4.2.2 :D :D