5,599,842 Members 46,508 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ZIP][MOD] Increase touch responsiveness

Tip us?

trter10
Old
(Last edited by trter10; 25th January 2013 at 07:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
Default [ZIP][MOD] Increase touch responsiveness

Fist off, huge thanks to these people:

-Ryuinferno - His init.d on any device method
-Matt on code.google.com - Old touch driver and temp install method

Disclaimer:

-I am not responsible for any damage this may cause.... (You've seen this a billion times so I'll leave it at that)

NOTE: This mod causes touch to be unresponsive for about 30 seconds on boot up!

What this does:

-Enables init.d by adding a command into install-recovery.sh to run anything in /system/etc/init.d (method by Ryuinferno)
-Extracts the E015 driver to /system for safe keeping and script usage (E015 is a downgrade of the touch driver that senses touch better)
-Adds an init.d script that changes the touchscreen driver to E015 on every boot (driver supplied by Matt and so was the temp-replace method. It runs his method on every boot essentially.)
-Sends log to /data/Driver.log so user can check proper installation if desired

The advantage of using this over using a kernel with E015 in it is that it does not mess with custom recovery touch sensing.

Instructions:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED! You can install it with this app.
-Download the zip from here
-Flash it in a custom recovery. If you don't know how to flash a recovery / root / flash a zip, there are plenty of tutorials floating around.

If you want to undo this:

-Flash this zip through recovery.

Enjoy!
-- Thunderbolt 2.11.605.19 RUU download

If you would like to contribute to my nerd fund, you may do so here.
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to trter10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkRyoushii
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.
Google Nexus 5 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB
Google Nexus 4 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB [Sold] | Google Nexus 7 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S II 16GB [Sold]

If you don't have a Dropbox, take this 2.5GB of cloud storage - completely free!
Got a dropbox? How about join the dollar shave club delivered straight to your door each month for $1!

Thanks to all who've already used my referrals! Really appreciate it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkRyoushii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trter10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyoushii View Post
thanks.. works well but the disadvantage of this is that everytime you reboot your phone is not responsive for 5 - 10 seconds.

Touch is far more sensitive. I can no longer rest my finger on the home button without it triggering although PSR values are still the same with lowest I got being 0.36

also can you please provide a revert .zip to remove all changes? I don't want to have to reflash my ROM if I no longer want the mod. Thanks.
My touch is responsive instantly... Weird :P

Yep I can get a revert out soon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lnfound
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?

trter10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfound View Post
Thanks for this. I'll wait for a revert as this hasn't been much of a concern for me since I got used to it, but it's great to see this development today. I'm sure a number of folks are thrilled.

Just to confirm, this would qualify as an add-on to any kernel, correct? I noticed you mentioned the advantage of this over kernels with the new sensitivity but reading on your description it appears this will not replace your kernel?
It's not a kernel, it's essentially a script that runs on boot.

Revert going up in the next hour

The Following User Says Thank You to trter10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dwang
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Not only does e015 fix the touchscreen responsiveness, it also fixes the issue where if the phone is connected to an a/c powered usb port, the touchscreen responsiveness is even more degraded.

DarkRyoushii
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.
Google Nexus 5 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB
Google Nexus 4 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB [Sold] | Google Nexus 7 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S II 16GB [Sold]

If you don't have a Dropbox, take this 2.5GB of cloud storage - completely free!
Got a dropbox? How about join the dollar shave club delivered straight to your door each month for $1!

Thanks to all who've already used my referrals! Really appreciate it!

trter10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
yea but I've noticed a few bugs with it already (touch being registered as pressed for about 4 seconds longer than my finger) as well as it is making my swiftkey lag behind so I'll probably revert until an official fix is in the works/made.
Reverter http://goo.im/devs/trter10/RevertE015.zip

dwang
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Not seeing these issues myself. The stock keyboard is super smooth. I don't use swift key however.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6429
I've just added this to the Nexus 4 Complete Index

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]