Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

Tip us?

funkyblue04
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Default Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

Hello All

Right now I am disappointed at Google. I have been wanting a pure Nexus device with 32gb.

Third year in a row we do not get a 32gb Nexus phone.

Why did Google release 32gb in the Nexus 7 and 10 devices and not the Nexus 4?

I understand what they are doing with price points and 8gb/16gb, No LTE etc but there still should be a 32gb option. Not everyone wants the cloud or to stream. I want my phone to replace my MP3 player.

There are no options if you want SPACE and PURE Google.

Will we get one in the very near future? Do other users want 32gb?

Cheers
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to funkyblue04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ajfink
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyblue04 View Post
Hello All

Right now I am disappointed at Google. I have been wanting a pure Nexus device with 32gb.

Why did Google release 32gb in the Nexus 7 and 10 devices and not the Nexus 4?

I understand what they are doing with price points and 8gb/16gb, No LTE etc but there still should be a 32gb option. Not everyone wants the cloud or to stream. I want my phone to replace my MP3 player.

There are no options if you want SPACE and PURE Google.

Will we get one in the very near future? Do other users want 32gb?

Cheers
I suspect an announcement in February or March about a 32GB version.

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Right now I am disappointed at Google.
At $299 / 349 contract free you'd have to be insane to be dissapointed with Google
Quote:
If the last two years they didn't come out with an unlocked 32gb version they you shouldn't be surprised they didn't this year either
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ap3604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4266

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
If the last two years they didn't come out with an unlocked 32gb version they you shouldn't be surprised they didn't this year either
They came out with a 32GB one for Nexus 7.
GSM Galaxy Nexus 32GB was in the works then canceled.
Follow me on Twitter! | VomerTweaks for OPO/N5 (Download) | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms | Enable 1080p for YouTube

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

funkyblue04
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
At $299 / 349 contract free you'd have to be insane to be dissapointed with Google

Two years is a long time in technology. Space requirements are increasing. I have two games on my GNex that are 1gb each. You cannot store music, movies/video and games on your phone with only 16gb of space.

Such a high specced phone crippled by lack of space.

Apple released 32gb and 64gb even.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkyblue04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funkyblue04
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Give me $399 with 32gb then. I am disappointed because I cannot see the value in a higher specced phone without the space needed to take advantage of it over my Galaxy Nexus.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to funkyblue04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Two years is a long time in technology. Space requirements are increasing. I have two games on my GNex that are 1gb each. You cannot store music, movies/video and games on your phone with only 16gb of space.

Such a high specced phone crippled by lack of space.

Apple released 32gb and 64gb even.
Thank you, I also agree. 16GB (more like 11GB or so formatted) is nowhere near enough space for my needs. I understand that not everybody needs 32GB, but couldn't they have at least installed a MicroSD card slot? I mean jeez, memory is the only constraint on this phone.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ap3604
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Xda thread: Worried about space? Possible solution...
The Following User Says Thank You to ap3604 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 875
Yeah with some games getting very large now..is just playing silly.

Sent from the Mighty Note International!

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

funkyblue04
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
The only solution is either a SD Slot or 32gb of Internal Memory. There is NO REASONABLE alternative.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkyblue04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]