Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

OP funkyblue04

13th February 2013, 10:52 PM   |  #431  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,162 posts
Re: Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokenok

i hope google gives it out free.. replace ur nexus 4 16gb with 32gb one.

Why would they do that???
Your phone is 16gig and thats what you purchased.
14th February 2013, 12:05 AM   |  #432  
Thanks Meter: 8

183 posts
More
I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2013, 01:11 AM   |  #433  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,634

8,912 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosource

I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #434  
Thanks Meter: 85

378 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

14th February 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #435  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 119

565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cloud based storage is the future and Google knows it. With connection speeds getting faster every year it's just a matter if time before phones come with a free 100gb on a cloud service and just enough onboard memory for the essentials.

Imagine switching phones and always having your data with you, no corrupted SD cards, transferring files, etc.

Carriers that are smart will start offering unlimited data plans I'm using one with T-Mobile currently. AT&T and Verizon are greedy and overpriced as they always have been but even they will have to change in order to keep market share.

Data compression advances could reduce the need of large amounts of physical memory.

Would I rather have a 32GB? Of course, who wouldn't want more but as it stands this works just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #436  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,634

8,912 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrozon

Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

Yeah but T-Mobile has crappy coverage even here in NYC (1 bar inside my house but if I walk out I magically have full service), and they're not fully rolled out on 1900 MHz, so I can't use whatever phones I want. I know for the Nexus 4 it's not an issue because it's pentaband though. Trust me, if T-Mobile were fully 1900 MHz and had better coverage, I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.
14th February 2013, 12:23 PM   |  #437  
Thanks Meter: 53

428 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk50ul

Carriers that are smart will start offering unlimited data plans I'm using one with T-Mobile currently.

Guess AT&T and Verizon will stay dumb and greedy then.
15th February 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #438  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 119

565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend'scatdied

Guess AT&T and Verizon will stay dumb and greedy then.

Well not dumb I guess. I almost went to Verizon again but it's like $100 a month for a 2gb plan. I used 6gb my first week of this cycle.

They will keep charging it until they start losing customers then switch it up. I think the biggest issue for them is if everyone of their customers had unlimited data their speeds would plummet due to so much traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 4
15th February 2013, 08:01 AM   |  #439  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 726

3,213 posts
More
The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

15th February 2013, 12:31 PM   |  #440  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 511

3,300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.m0x

The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

Well in the us you can get unlimited at a decent price but you have to go to a network with crap coverage. The best 2 networks have data buckets, and I got a 3gb cap on my data.

Cloud won't really be ready for prime time until you can get unlimited data and coverage everywhere.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread