Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 49,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

Tip us?

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Default Re: Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokenok View Post
i hope google gives it out free.. replace ur nexus 4 16gb with 32gb one.
Why would they do that???
Your phone is 16gig and thats what you purchased.

zerosource
Old
Thanks Meter 8

I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
3rd LG Nexus 4
2nd HTC Amaze 4G
1st Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2555

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosource View Post
I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

The Following User Says Thank You to Product F(RED) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisrozon
Old
Thanks Meter 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

D4rk50ul
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME

Cloud based storage is the future and Google knows it. With connection speeds getting faster every year it's just a matter if time before phones come with a free 100gb on a cloud service and just enough onboard memory for the essentials.

Imagine switching phones and always having your data with you, no corrupted SD cards, transferring files, etc.

Carriers that are smart will start offering unlimited data plans I'm using one with T-Mobile currently. AT&T and Verizon are greedy and overpriced as they always have been but even they will have to change in order to keep market share.

Data compression advances could reduce the need of large amounts of physical memory.

Would I rather have a 32GB? Of course, who wouldn't want more but as it stands this works just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2555

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrozon View Post
Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

Yeah but T-Mobile has crappy coverage even here in NYC (1 bar inside my house but if I walk out I magically have full service), and they're not fully rolled out on 1900 MHz, so I can't use whatever phones I want. I know for the Nexus 4 it's not an issue because it's pentaband though. Trust me, if T-Mobile were fully 1900 MHz and had better coverage, I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

friend'scatdied
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk50ul View Post
Carriers that are smart will start offering unlimited data plans I'm using one with T-Mobile currently.
Guess AT&T and Verizon will stay dumb and greedy then.
HTC HD2 T9193→Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250M→LG Google Nexus 4 E960→Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889

D4rk50ul
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend'scatdied View Post
Guess AT&T and Verizon will stay dumb and greedy then.
Well not dumb I guess. I almost went to Verizon again but it's like $100 a month for a 2gb plan. I used 6gb my first week of this cycle.

They will keep charging it until they start losing customers then switch it up. I think the biggest issue for them is if everyone of their customers had unlimited data their speeds would plummet due to so much traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 4

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 705

The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

The Note 3 is a beast

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.m0x View Post
The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

Well in the us you can get unlimited at a decent price but you have to go to a network with crap coverage. The best 2 networks have data buckets, and I got a 3gb cap on my data.

Cloud won't really be ready for prime time until you can get unlimited data and coverage everywhere.