Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 Update ??

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
Thanks Meter 163
I thought it was a hoax but its starting to look like its true, maybe its a battery fix for the mediocre battery life of the nexus 4? one can only hope

Vangelis13
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijat91 View Post

On the last pic, the last "2" is photo shopped in very badly. It's not even aligned with the other digits ffs..

Mourn not however, 4.2.2 is imminent!
ἕν οἶδα, ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

"I know one thing, that I know nothing"

Raghav@awesome
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's most probably a fake Google puts out the factory image at the same time as the ota. No factory image is out.

Sent using xda premium.

CMNein
Old
Thanks Meter 1481
They obviously didn't think the build date of the kernel was important either...

Hammerhead / Flo / Mako / Maguro / Odroid U2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMNein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav@awesome View Post
It's most probably a fake Google puts out the factory image at the same time as the ota. No factory image is out.

Sent using xda premium.
Nobody said it was OTA and like how the US reviewers received a build of 4.2 before it was released (beta in that sense) this could be beta as well. The USA reviewers reecived an OTA update the Sunday before it launched to the full final 4.2.

The phone just came out in Brazil and Malaysia so they could be getting the most up to date build to review just like Google/LG did in the USA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shotta35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wisefire
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis13 View Post
On the last pic, the last "2" is photo shopped in very badly. It's not even aligned with the other digits ffs..

Mourn not however, 4.2.2 is imminent!
Not that I am disagreeing with this possibly being a fake, but the 2 is inline perfectly. I just check with Photoshop. (Though, it isn't hard to fake these things.)
Device: Nexus 4
Service: T-Mobile
ROM: Stock 4.2.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Wisefire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shotta35
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
Not that I am disagreeing with this possibly being a fake, but the 2 is inline perfectly. I just check with Photoshop. (Though, it isn't hard to fake these things.)
My first thought to that is why bother fake it in photoshop when you can just simply edit a text file (build.prop) and change it to 4.2.7 if you wanna? That way you can make android 5.0 and it would look perfectly aligned and you cuold even make a video of it since it's pulling that information from the text file.

Quote:
Once in build.prop you can edit the following things:

-edit Android Version by locating ro.build.version.release= and changing the current Build Version.
- Edit your Model # by locating ro.product.model= and changing your model #
- change your product brand by locating ro.product.brand=
It's not that hard to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to shotta35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wisefire
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotta35 View Post
My first thought to that is why bother fake it in photoshop when you can just simply edit a text file (build.prop) and change it to 4.2.7 if you wanna? That way you can make android 5.0 and it would look perfectly aligned and you cuold even make a video of it since it's pulling that information from the text file.

It's not that hard to do.
I completely agree. I just opened Photoshop to zoom in and check the lineage of the numbers. Photoshop wouldn't be my method of trying to fake something like this, I was just testing what the user above had said about the numbers being out of line, etc.
Device: Nexus 4
Service: T-Mobile
ROM: Stock 4.2.1

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3399

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420 View Post
Why only 8gb? Do they get the update before the 16gb model does?
No.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

MsElise
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 781

DONATE TO ME
don't ask me about it
I just share what I saw from twitter only
Hit the THANKS BUTTON if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to MsElise For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe