Android One Gets 5.1 But Nexus 4 Won't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jer_ying_fd

Nov 30, 2013
Micromax Canvas A1 Android One smartphone receiving update to Lollipop 5.1 But Not our Nexus 4.
Not only micromax android one, Karbonn and spice are too receiving OTA 5.1 update, Cheap 1Gb ram phone getting updates and nexus the highend phone won't. I thought my phone get better support than Micromax Spice and Karbonn. But wow I am totally surprised :mad:

If you had tried to search, you will find that a google employee had said that the Nexus 4 WILL get 5.1.

clusten

Dec 5, 2012
But we didn't get yet, Android One get.... I think you totally missed my point.. My point is How the hell Micromax type of phones get updates before Nexus 4.
Android One:
Retail availability: September, 2014

Nexus 4:
First released: November, 2012
Discontinued: November 1, 2013

What device do you think google priorize?
If was my decision, definitely Android One.

Reactions: sidnoit22

__JOhnny

Apr 6, 2012
Android One:
Retail availability: September, 2014

Nexus 4:
First released: November, 2012
Discontinued: November 1, 2013

What device do you think google priorize?
If was my decision, definitely Android One.

what about nexus 5?
Nov 2013 - Release Date
if nexus 5 receive Android One receive update, Then why not Nexus 4? Just because it release a year before ? what about nexus flagship?

jer_ying_fd

Nov 30, 2013
what about nexus 5?
Nov 2013 - Release Date
if nexus 5 receive Android One receive update, Then why not Nexus 4? Just because it release a year before ? what about nexus flagship?

The gnex is only one year older than n4 but it didn't receive kitkat, so yes, just because it was released a year before.

clusten

Dec 5, 2012
Also, Nexus 7 2013 users still don't get 5.1
BTW, I prefer a tested bug free 5.1 update because it could be the last update Nexus 4 receive

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
I would be absolutely SHOCKED if we got even one more update after 5.1. I wasn't even expecting it to get that, but I think Google just wants the major bugs patched before they send it to EOL land so at least they're leaving it on a stable build.

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
HTC used to abandon one year old phones without technical reasons.

It cost money to keep updating so they will stop whenever they feel like it. The hardware is to a point now where it will support updates a lot longer than it used to.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

rolldroids

Nov 5, 2014
Yes but HTC is not Google. And it does not cost anything if done right. My PC is from 2007 and still gets updates. And there are much more different PCs than Nexus devices. Its all about good SW design and hardware abstraction, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: ngr.hd and __JOhnny

code65536

Aug 17, 2012
.us
Um, the Nexus 7, which is older got it already.

Android 5.1 launched on Android One devices, not on a Nexus (Indonesian One devices shipped with 5.1 almost a month before any Nexus got it.)

The Indian devices never got 5.0; so this is straight from KitKat.

Finally, the 4 will get it. Just be patient. Even the 9 and the newer 7 haven't gotten it, so comparing it against AO is a bit of cherry-picking.

bjacks12

Sep 23, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Frankly, we're damn lucky we got 5.0 .

I was 100% certain that 4.4.4. was the EOL point for the Nexus 4.

I'll get a good laugh if my N4 gets the update before my new N9 though.

afsharcj

Mar 8, 2012
Amol
this is nexus !!
you can use the big world of android rom and ubuntu and firefox os .
Dont worry .
The story is not over yet .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts