Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[June 23] Sailfish OS for early adopters released for Nexus 4

Tip us?

tuna_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledges View Post
"Sleep after" is what you need, and if 20 minutes is not enough, set a password in Developer Mode (Settings) and perform this inside a terminal:
Code:
devel-su
zypper install mce-tools
exit
mcetool -Don
This will enable demo mode, for which the screen will never turn off (will also be remembered across reboots, iirc)
That may be the ticket, will see how battery life lasts when always on. Of course, I would need to turn it off for traveling in my pocket if the power button still locks. I will tinker with it and post back what balance I am able to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledges View Post
Swipe actions are there for you 24/7. Have you run Tutorial app?
I walked through the tutorial the first couple times I loaded until I found the 4 corner bypass. Poor choice of wording on my part, I meant to convey 'Notifications' swipe from bottom and return to 'System' swipe from left are the only two available swipe actions from the 'Display' settings page.

Again, thanks for the effort. If I can't have a Jolla phone in the US(yet), this is the next best thing.

tuna_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna_ View Post
That may be the ticket, will see how battery life lasts when always on.
I left the display on* while I slept for 6 hours and it used 50% of the battery. The power button does indeed lock/unlock the screen as needed...just like I did almost every time I put/pulled a phone in/from my pocket over the last decade+. Perfect for my purposes, I do most voice at beginning and end of day, get my social needs filled IRL and use little data besides checking email during breaks.

*T-mobile 3g connected w/ full bars. I purposefully keep wifi, data and background apps off when not I'm not actively using them.
Tags
google nexus 4, jolla sailfish os, mer project