[June 23] Sailfish OS for early adopters released for Nexus 4

OP saraghon

10th September 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #581  
PHX
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledges

"Sleep after" is what you need, and if 20 minutes is not enough, set a password in Developer Mode (Settings) and perform this inside a terminal:

Code:
devel-su
zypper install mce-tools
exit
mcetool -Don
This will enable demo mode, for which the screen will never turn off (will also be remembered across reboots, iirc)

That may be the ticket, will see how battery life lasts when always on. Of course, I would need to turn it off for traveling in my pocket if the power button still locks. I will tinker with it and post back what balance I am able to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledges

Swipe actions are there for you 24/7. Have you run Tutorial app?

I walked through the tutorial the first couple times I loaded until I found the 4 corner bypass. Poor choice of wording on my part, I meant to convey 'Notifications' swipe from bottom and return to 'System' swipe from left are the only two available swipe actions from the 'Display' settings page.

Again, thanks for the effort. If I can't have a Jolla phone in the US(yet), this is the next best thing.
15th September 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #582  
PHX

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna_

That may be the ticket, will see how battery life lasts when always on.

I left the display on* while I slept for 6 hours and it used 50% of the battery. The power button does indeed lock/unlock the screen as needed...just like I did almost every time I put/pulled a phone in/from my pocket over the last decade+. Perfect for my purposes, I do most voice at beginning and end of day, get my social needs filled IRL and use little data besides checking email during breaks.

*T-mobile 3g connected w/ full bars. I purposefully keep wifi, data and background apps off when not I'm not actively using them.
13th October 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #583  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Thumbs up SM N9005
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraghon

I think Jolla is soon going to releaser the Sailfish OS Launcher for Android Smartphones to give us the opportunity to have an idea about Sailfish experience before releasing the OS for Android powered devices.

It's already released and updated to V 2 . 1.........Progress is a lot slower then expected though.........waiting for the port of sailfish OS to Note 3/ N9005.

Almost everything is working on ported sailfish OS of Nexus 4 except Camera...........

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...#post46814837][/URL]
14th October 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #584  
Thanks Meter: 24

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOman2205

Almost everything is working on ported sailfish OS of Nexus 4 except Camera...........

AFAIK they're waiting on the Ubuntu Phone guys to finish their work on universally working camera code for libhybris.
15th October 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #585  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Question Sailfish OS Porting
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudnightoil

AFAIK they're waiting on the Ubuntu Phone guys to finish their work on universally working camera code for libhybris.

If I were a developer........

Is there any thread relating to the porting of Sailfish OS to SM N9005.........................The one I found is for porting Sailfish OS to android in general.
25th October 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #586  
Flag Delebio Sondrio
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Prompt
Guys, what works on this version? But above all, where can I find it?
I look forward to hearing from you.
4th November 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #587  
Thanks Meter: 13

61 posts
any update or news for nexus 4?
5th November 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #588  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 10

47 posts
More
Looks like they too are waiting for lollipop update...

sent from my Nexus 4 with LPV B15 by sykopompos
22nd November 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #589  

1 posts
Hi,

I flashed 4.22, CM10 and then Sailfish as normal. Everything works but data. It throws a Problem with Connection error when I try to enable it. Is there something I missed? Could it be the network I'm on? I'm on Wind Mobile Canada which is AWS(Same as T-Mobile). Is there an alternative radio I can flash?
23rd November 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #590  
Thanks Meter: 69

132 posts
Go to the sailfishos-porters channel at webchat.freenode.net they will help you.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google nexus 4, jolla sailfish os, mer project
Previous Thread Next Thread