Change size of navigation bar

Search This thread

moflolo

Sep 15, 2011
In my opinion the navigation bar is very large. In AOKP there is an option to resize it. But sadly Cyanogenmod doesnt offer this option. So i googled a bit and found this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1793096

This guy wrote a script to change the size of the Bar. Sadly it didnt work with Android 4.2.2. (Don't know what's about 4.2.1)
So i modified it a bit and then it worked perfectle.

What you need to do:

- Download the attached script
- Download apktool from http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/ and place it in the same directory like the script.
- Get /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your device via adb pull or copy it with root explorer to your sd card and use mass storage
- Start the script (See below for detailed inscrutions)
- Backup your working framework-res.apk on your phone (Just in case if something went wrong)
- Replace /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the file the script created. (It has to be named "framework-res.apk of course!)
- Reboot. (I used fix permissions in clockwork mod, just in case if there are some permissions wrong)

Instructions for the Script:

Of course you need to install python.
On Linux you can make it executeable with chmod +x patch-framework.py and then run ./patch-framework.py.
Or you can just run python patch-framework.py.

I never tried to run python on Windows, so maybe somebody want to wrire instructions for it?

The script needs some parameters:
path to framework-res.apk
name of othe new framework

-h to show the help/usage

I started the script like this:
Code:
./patch-framework.py -w 36.0 -s 36.0 -sl 36.0 framework-res.apk framework_new.apk
-w width of navigationbar
-s height of navigationbar
-sl height of navigationbar in landscape mode

Have fun with your smalle Navbar :)
Feel free to ask if you have questions

Thank you m11kkaa for doing the main work! :)

Attachments

• patch-framework.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,399
Last edited:

dcrandon

Feb 19, 2011
How about changing the size of the notification bar?

For me, the notification bar is very small. Coming from a Galaxy SI, I find it real hard to see the icons when I've got it windshield mounted in my car. Any way to make the notification bar bigger?

In my opinion the navigation bar is very large. In AOKP there is an option to resize it. But sadly Cyanogenmod doesnt offer this option. So i googled a bit and found this thread:

This guy wrote a script to change the size of the Bar. Sadly it didnt work with Android 4.2.2. (Don't know what's about 4.2.1)

What you need to do:

- Download apktool from http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/ and place it in the same directory like the script.
- Get /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your device via adb pull or copy it with root explorer to your sd card and use mass storage
- Backup your working framework-res.apk on your phone (Just in case if something went wrong)
- Replace /system/framework/framework-res.apk with the file the script created. (It has to be named "framework-res.apk of course!)
- Reboot. (I used fix permissions in clockwork mod, just in case if there are some permissions wrong)

On Linux you can make it executeable with chmod +x patch-framework.py and then run ./patch-framework.py.

I never tried to run python on Windows, so maybe somebody want to wrire instructions for it?

Code:
./patch-framework.py -w 36.0 -s 36.0 -sl 36.0 framework-res.apk framework_new.apk

moflolo

Sep 15, 2011
For me, the notification bar is very small. Coming from a Galaxy SI, I find it real hard to see the icons when I've got it windshield mounted in my car. Any way to make the notification bar bigger?

Ive never tried it, but im pretty sure you can make it bigger. I used a height of 36px in my example. Just try it with 45, or 50...i think it should work

Jeevez

Dec 3, 2010

What you need to do:

Code:

What file is it actually adjusting to change this? Looking at old tutorials, there was a dimens.xml file on the Galaxy Nexus but this doesn't seem to exist on my Nexus 4

gazhead

Aug 18, 2012
Ffs stop using Quote from Op:mad:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

icedzed

Nov 10, 2012
There is a way for doing it from phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

daavt

Nov 20, 2008
back button too large?!?

I went with 30 dpi, everything is fine except for the back button, which is a bit larger.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-07-22-15-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-22-15-22.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,498

vitaliok

Feb 28, 2014
Hi, i would like to resize (change height) of notification panel on LG optimus g e975 stock OS (android 4.1.2). Is it possible? thnaks in advance;)

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Instead of all these settings,.why just don't use Gravity box and do it with a few clicks?

Unleashed by my Nexus 4

Dec 13, 2014
i never got round to it

i was searching endlessly for this when i had my nexus 4 and i never got round to saying thankyou for posting this, it helped me out so much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What you need to do:

Code: