5,597,261 Members 40,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Back cover replacing

Tip us?

Jack'O
Old
(Last edited by Jack'O; 1st January 2014 at 06:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 498
Default Back cover replacing

About a month ago my N4 dropped down and broke the back cover glass, so I ordered this one on ebay from a german store (I live in Italy) for a total amount of €.53,90.
It is ready to be assembled onto the phone and includes NFC antenna and (I think) the Bluetooth one.
Today it is been delivered and I've just replaced.

This is a very easy operation, only require a n 4 torx screwdriver and a plastic pad (a guitar pad is optimal).
With only those tools and a little care everyone can replace it.
First unscrew the two screws on the bottom, then carefully insert the plastic pad between the top chrome frame and the plastic one starting from the bottom of the phone having care of the usb port frame, it is very thin and easy to be broken.
Once disassembled pull away the protective plastic protective stickers from the camera glass and the usb port frame and place on the new cover, having care to pair the two parts with your fingers, put back on the two screws, that's it, all done.

Oh, and I higly recommend to protect your N4 with a bumper case or something else.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack'O For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 832
That's a pretty expensive auction. I've seen full back covers with NFC go for almost half that price.
The Following User Says Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack'O
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420 View Post
That's a pretty expensive auction. I've seen full back covers with NFC go for almost half that price.
Where did you seen? In the USA or Europe?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack'O View Post
Where did you seen? In the USA or Europe?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I've seen them on ebay and amazon for that price...ebay had international shipping, so its location doesn't play any part in price, imo. And afaik, amazon only ships within North America....so yeah, that one would make sense to have a lower price. But like I said, there are ebay sellers who ship internationally for half that price
The Following User Says Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack'O
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420 View Post
I've seen them on ebay and amazon for that price...ebay had international shipping, so its location doesn't play any part in price, imo. And afaik, amazon only ships within North America....so yeah, that one would make sense to have a lower price. But like I said, there are ebay sellers who ship internationally for half that price
Thanks for the right, anyway it's almost too late for me.

conquesoextra
Old
Thanks Meter 94
I buyed only the glass, it is much cheaper but a little bit tricky... At the end the result its awesome and only cost 10 dollars.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

crozbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
been using a smashed nexus(back) for about 6 months now, in no way affects use of the phone, just smash it yourself with a hammer and it will never get worse no matter how much you drop it, the only real damge is cracks in the plastic and some **** fell of round the speaker but the phone is fine if you leave it with a smashed rear(naughty)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crozbomb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hp420
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozbomb View Post
been using a smashed nexus(back) for about 6 months now, in no way affects use of the phone, just smash it yourself with a hammer and it will never get worse no matter how much you drop it, the only real damge is cracks in the plastic and some **** fell of round the speaker but the phone is fine if you leave it with a smashed rear(naughty)
Yeah, good idea....I always make sure I hit every phone I have with a hammer

Sometimes I wish there were a "dumbass" button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hp420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA News Writer - Lost in Amsterdam
Thanks Meter 10900

DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned. Please focus on the topic instead calling names.

The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]