Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone

Tip us?

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 15th March 2013 at 07:44 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3179

DONATE TO ME
Default [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone

N4 vs All Other Phones Discussion

Hey all!

I have been meaning to write this thread for a few days now and finally found some time to do so. Basically the name describes it all. This thread is meant to discuss our Nexus 4 vs any and every up coming phone all in one place. The nexus forum is going to be a very popular place once the phone makes it way out to people over the next few months. The purpose of this thread is to try to keep some sort of cleanliness and avoid the dozens of "Is this phone better than the N4" threads every time a new devices is released. Please keep all those discussions confined to this thread. Please keep it civil and remember no flaming or trolling will be allowed. Just a reminder I am certain the Mods will be enforcing this policy in our forum. Thank you all for your cooperation it is greatly appreciated

5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One

lokenok
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Odin and yuga>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodian View Post
Why do people care so much about benchmark scores? Does it really matter? The only test that should matter is your eyeball.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Current - Nexus 4
Devices - HTC Wildfire , Xperia Ray , Note 2 , S3
[Join dropbox for easy cloud storage! http://db.tt/26BGYBRn click the link to get 500mb xtra space for you and me!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokenok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raul69.atl
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I guess this thread is not working.... ive seen a lot threads sayings nexus 4 vs ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

nyvram1
Old
Thanks Meter 38
dude he just created this thread last night! give it time

FlukerFlakes
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post
N4 vs All Other Phones Discussion

Hey all!

I have been meaning to write this thread for a few days now and finally found some time to do so. Basically the name describes it all. This thread is meant to discuss our Nexus 4 vs any and every up coming phone all in one place. The nexus forum is going to be a very popular place once the phone makes it way out to people over the next few months. The purpose of this thread is to try to keep some sort of cleanliness and avoid the dozens of "Is this phone better than the N4" threads every time a new devices is released. Please keep all those discussions confined to this thread. Please keep it civil and remember no flaming or trolling will be allowed. Just a reminder I am certain the Mods will be enforcing this policy in our forum. Thank you all for your cooperation it is greatly appreciated
I love my Nexus 4.....but the only thing i wonder about is why did LG think it is OK to put the headphone jack on the top? My old nexus s has it on the bottom and it makes much more sense there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlukerFlakes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ratix0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This is two different category of phones, but Nexus 4 VS Note 2. Which is better at what and why?

sn0warmy
Old
(Last edited by sn0warmy; 30th November 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 777
I guess I'll throw my opinion out there...

After owning the first iPhone, 3G, then 3GS I decided to give Android a try with the Nexus One. It was all downhill from there as I was completely sucked into Android. I then went through a few different android phones from the Nexus one > HTC Sensation > Galaxy SII > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy SIII. I was happy with all of these phones. However, when the iPhone 5 came out I decided it was time to give IOS a try again. I lasted all of 2 weeks with that phone until i realized I really just cannot stand IOS (even as a mac user). But the one thing that made me hesitant in going back to Android was that the build quality of the iPhone 5 is excellent. It was better than any other phone I had ever owned.

When the Nexus 4 was announced and reviews were being posted on many blogs I decided to return the iPhone 5 and pull the Galaxy Nexus out of the nightstand to use until I could get my hands on the N4. People were saying it was the most solid and well built Android phone to date so I was getting excited for it. As of 3 days ago I finally have the N4 in my possession. At first I really liked it but didn't think it was THAT much better than the Galaxy Nexus. But after a few days of real use I have come to learn that this phone truly lives up to the hype. It really is the most well built Android phone I have ever used and it's the first Android phone that I really think can be compared to the iPhone in terms of build quality.

I'm already happier with this phone than I have been with any of my previous phones. It really is of superb quality and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One
The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GeneralRam
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
I guess I'll throw my opinion out there...

After owning the first iPhone, 3G, then 3GS I decided to give Android a try with the Nexus One. It was all downhill from there as I was completely sucked into Android. I then went through a few different android phones from the Nexus one > HTC Sensation > Galaxy SII > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy SIII. I was happy with all of these phones. However, when the iPhone 5 came out I decided it was time to give IOS a try again. I lasted all of 2 weeks with that phone until i realized I really just cannot stand IOS (even as a mac user). But the one thing that made me hesitant in going back to Android was that the build quality of the iPhone 5 is excellent. It was better than any other phone I had ever owned.

When the Nexus 4 was announced and reviews were being posted on many blogs I decided to return the iPhone 5 and pull the Galaxy Nexus out of the nightstand to use until I could get my hands on the N4. People were saying it was the most solid and well built Android phone to date so I was getting excited for it. As of 3 days ago I finally have the N4 in my possession. At first I really liked it but didn't think it was THAT much better than the Galaxy Nexus. But after a few days of real use I have come to learn that this phone truly lives up to the hype. It really is the most well built Android phone I have ever used and it's the first Android phone that I really think can be compared to the iPhone in terms of build quality.

I'm already happier with this phone than I have been with any of my previous phones. It really is of superb quality and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Agree with everything you saud. This is truely the first time Android has had a "premium" feeling phone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeneralRam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

publet
Old
(Last edited by publet; 30th November 2012 at 05:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Coming from a nexus s, the nexus 4 is a huge jump. I have read several posts/topics about all the problems people have encountered with the nexus 4 but I have yet to run into any of them. There has not been any screen yellowing, no speaker noise, camera problems, no overheating problems, etc. The build quality is excellent as stated in the previous post. There is a little flex in the device if you try bending it but there isn't and shouldn't be any under normal use. The screen is nice and crisp. I don't see any issues with saturation as some people disliked before. The battery life on the nexus 4 is better than the nexus s, which was plenty enough already. However, there is one area that the nexus s outperforms the nexus 4: the sound quality. Don't get me wrong though, the sound on the nexus 4 isn't bad at all but it could be improved. It would be great if we could get supercurio to add the Qualcomm chip to the list of devices that voodoo sound supports (if we could set up a fund for supercurio to work on this it would be awesome ). Other notes: I really liked the size of the nexus s and I really didn't want to get a larger screen, but the nexus 4 fits great in my hand and I am very happy with the extra screen estate. Overall I am extremely happy with the device and I would highly recommend the upgrade for any nexus s users.

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to publet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demil7
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukerFlakes View Post
I love my Nexus 4.....but the only thing i wonder about is why did LG think it is OK to put the headphone jack on the top? My old nexus s has it on the bottom and it makes much more sense there.
better with headphone jack on top when you're pluggin aux in car. and the whole theory of "headphone jack is better on bottom for keeping phone in jeans and listening to music" is a load of crap. there are many ways to reach for your pocket lol, and having the jack on the bottom doesn't make it more convenient

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to demil7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]