Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone

Tip us?

theguitarman94
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugsxr View Post
Well the day & half I had my nexus 4 I enjoyed it. It did start to grow on me, but I ended up trading it for an iphone 5 32gb unlocked After about 5 minutes setting up the iphone 5 I'd prefer to keep my iphone 4s with the mophie case. (Sold this morning for $420)
My I ask your reasonings on making that decision?
Previous Smartphones: HTC Wildfire, HTC Desire S, HTC One S (S4 Black). HTC 8X. Nexus 4, HTC One S (S4 Grey) HTC One X+, HTC One M7 (Silver/White)
Current Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey)

robstunner
Old
Thanks Meter 501
anyone come from a lumia??

fresh_TD
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugsxr View Post
Well the day & half I had my nexus 4 I enjoyed it. It did start to grow on me, but I ended up trading it for an iphone 5 32gb unlocked After about 5 minutes setting up the iphone 5 I'd prefer to keep my iphone 4s with the mophie case. (Sold this morning for $420)
Im no math guru. .But dam son

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
RLTW!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fresh_TD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

powerwagon
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanj View Post
Just so I'm clear. You traded a N4 (worth ~400$) for a 32G i5 (~800) and sold the latter for $420? Those are some messed up transactions sir.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
I think he sold the 4s for that amount...still has the 5, but wishes he kept the 4s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to powerwagon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osugsxr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
About a hour or so running around this morning

Sold iphone 4s @ $420
IPhone 4s 16gb white unlocked, Plus a mophie charging case & a bumper case, still had apple care warranty till Oct 2013..All original contents, boxes etc..

Nexus 4 I traded for the iphone 5 32gb unlocked, Seller posted it on craigslist at $550. Seller didnt care for IOS and wanted to go back to android, I sent him my link nexus 4 posted at $500. He did his research and was interested, iphone checked out clean esn etc. Very nice guy mid 40s or so, met up with him at his work and made the trade.

After that paid someone $5 to cut my sim to nano, everything up and running fine. Iphone 5 I'm getting use to it, iphone 4s screen size ratio was better. Would I have bought an iphone 5, NO, but it was a good trade. Although I don't have the need for 32gb of storage.

Iphone 4s I would rather have kept it, but for what I paid I can't complain.

Nexus 4: device I received was pretty damn solid, excellent for the price! I may consider it in the future if I go back to android. May just sell the iphone 5 and switch back over. Personally I was VERY content with the iphone 4s, no need to customize, or play with daily. The day I used the nexus 4 I do miss some android things.
Too many phones in the past year!

guest_2011
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukerFlakes View Post
I love my Nexus 4.....but the only thing i wonder about is why did LG think it is OK to put the headphone jack on the top? My old nexus s has it on the bottom and it makes much more sense there.

yes it's a pain when charging in car and connecting auxiliary input. I keep the phone vertically. Either way i'll have wires sticking out from both ends.

Killer0Kevin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I don't know how much longer I can wait. Might get an S3.

S3 (international or NA) vs N4.

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer0Kevin View Post
I don't know how much longer I can wait. Might get an S3.

S3 (international or NA) vs N4.
You'll regret that... not to be clique but patience is a virtue

Sent from my Nexus 4
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glebonator
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can't figure out whether to switch from a GNex... the phone (running a custom 4.1 rom) does everything I want and doesn't slow down at all. Hard to justify getting a new phone, especially given that I'd have to ditch my grandfathered real unlimited data plan and Verizon in general (in the Bay Area ATT&T is almost unusable)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post
You'll regret that... not to be clique but patience is a virtue

Sent from my Nexus 4

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by glebonator View Post
Can't figure out whether to switch from a GNex... the phone (running a custom 4.1 rom) does everything I want and doesn't slow down at all. Hard to justify getting a new phone, especially given that I'd have to ditch my grandfathered real unlimited data plan and Verizon in general (in the Bay Area ATT&T is almost unusable)...
I know the feeling, the only reason I switched when I did was because I broke my phone for the third time and I was out of insurance claims :what:

I'm so glad i did tho

Sent from my Nexus 4
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One