Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone

OP mark manning

19th February 2013, 04:46 PM   |  #1151  
barondebxl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,640
 
6,545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
The HTC one is fantastic looking. Wow.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #1152  
BMP7777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dacula, Ga
Thanks Meter: 2,568
 
2,419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbshell

I agree. Its pretty tight with just 16GB.

Its because their pimping the 'cloud'. 2 gigs standard on Dropbox, 5 on Google drive. I just went with Mega; they offer 50 gigs for free. I have begun consolidating some of my music and movies in there, to retrieve when I want. Just don't share it if you don't own it is the word on that.
19th February 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #1153  
MrPlNK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gaithersburg
Thanks Meter: 181
 
781 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend'scatdied

The value is great.

But I would be willing to pay ~$100 extra for at least a card slot or 64GB. I value internal storage that much, and a 64GB Nexus 4 would still easily be worth the ~$450.

Buy an Optimus G, convert to nexus 4, have 8gb internal, 64gb SD card, with LTE and a better screen

Problem solved :beer:

Sent from my Neximus G
19th February 2013, 06:24 PM   |  #1154  
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 17
 
306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035

Iphone5 kills n4 in IPS screen colors, sexy sleek design shape its quick to open up certain settings ie. SBS settings Cydia app, jailbroken

Sent from my A1_07 using xda premium

I had the iPhone 5 screen is great as is the nexus 4,iPhone 5 is only 6 DPI higher and honestly barely can see the difference.
Nexus is also super fluid although the iPhone 5 is a tad bit better
Google still has a bit to go but all and all I prefer android os iOS is to boring for me.

Sent from my HTC Droid Dna Venom Rom using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #1155  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlNK

Buy an Optimus G, convert to nexus 4, have 8gb internal, 64gb SD card, with LTE and a better screen

Problem solved :beer:

Sent from my Neximus G

Trust me, would have done so if it was pentaband HSDPA.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 07:16 PM   |  #1156  
MrPlNK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gaithersburg
Thanks Meter: 181
 
781 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend'scatdied

Trust me, would have done so if it was pentaband HSDPA.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming this is an outside of the US issue? I'm definitely super happy with my phone now.. Best phone out because of the N4 conversion IMO

Sent from my Neximus G
19th February 2013, 08:17 PM   |  #1157  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I come from a brilliant Samsung Galaxy SII, but as I got a hold of the N4 I promised myself I would never buy anything other than a Nexus in the future. There is a simple reason for that; Samsung have been so unfriendly towards developers and this community. I was watching devs working blindfolded to fix some of the most important things for CM10 (butter anyone?), and the device suffered for it. I gave the device to my gf as soon as the N4 came at the post office. Then, Samsung had actually got around to releasing JB, around the start of January if memory serves, and it has brought the device back from the dead. Quality phone, but it'll never beat a Nexus. That's true across the Samsung line, they are so big they don't care about the developers, breaking promise after promise. Samsung won't win me back. Ever.

Before that I had HTC Desire, which was an all right phone. I soon got fed up with Sense though, not going there again.

Sony could win me over in the future, they've been fantastic towards the dev community, going above and beyond(!) what they are required to do. That would still mean paying a lot more money to get (at least) on par with the N4.

That's my reasoning anyway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonoxda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 10:54 PM   |  #1158  
SGS_elko's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 13
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
AW: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoxda

I come from a brilliant Samsung Galaxy SII, but as I got a hold of the N4 I promised myself I would never buy anything other than a Nexus in the future. There is a simple reason for that; Samsung have been so unfriendly towards developers and this community. I was watching devs working blindfolded to fix some of the most important things for CM10 (butter anyone?), and the device suffered for it. I gave the device to my gf as soon as the N4 came at the post office. Then, Samsung had actually got around to releasing JB, around the start of January if memory serves, and it has brought the device back from the dead. Quality phone, but it'll never beat a Nexus. That's true across the Samsung line, they are so big they don't care about the developers, breaking promise after promise. Samsung won't win me back. Ever.

Before that I had HTC Desire, which was an all right phone. I soon got fed up with Sense though, not going there again.

Sony could win me over in the future, they've been fantastic towards the dev community, going above and beyond(!) what they are required to do. That would still mean paying a lot more money to get (at least) on par with the N4.

That's my reasoning anyway.

+1

I came from a GS1, Nexus is the ONE !
19th February 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #1159  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Re: [DISCUSSION] Google Nexus 4 vs any other phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlNK

I'm assuming this is an outside of the US issue? I'm definitely super happy with my phone now.. Best phone out because of the N4 conversion IMO

Sent from my Neximus G

No, I hate AT&T. Worst 2 year contract I've ever been in.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
19th February 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #1160  
FatalityBoyZahy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 516
 
2,645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
My next phone is going to be the Nexus 5. I won't mind paying more for a better display, camera, and more memory. $450 seems fair.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes