Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIXED] Nexus 4 Battery drain and heating

Tip us?

balarishinoob
Old
(Last edited by balarishinoob; 26th May 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up [FIXED] Nexus 4 Battery drain and heating

My nexus 4 heats up very much when using 3G data or while charging. It also drains battery very quickly while using 3g data or even when the phone is idle. Here's how I fixed it. [ YOU MUST BE ROOTED IN ORDER TO DO THIS]

WORKS ONLY WITH ANDROID 4.4.2

1.You need to flash franco.kernel for nexus 4.

2. Calibrate your battery. There are tons of apps to do this which are available on google play store.

3. Enjoy your Nexus 4.

Thank me if it helped or Thank me even if this not helped. Thank me if you read it xD
The Following User Says Thank You to balarishinoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gskillivenom
Old
Thanks Meter 23
1. Why? There are many great kernels avaible for the Nexus 4 , why does it have to be franco?

2.You should read some more about how batteries in modern smartphones work , its just a placebo effect , "calibrating" doesent help at all , and actually running your battery low on purpose can hurt it.

3.The nexus 4 has a fairly small battery and it gets hot because of its design, but i can get 4-5 hrs OST and it isnt that hot anyways .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gskillivenom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kthejoker20
Old
Thanks Meter 147
OMG., after searching for answers for a year, someone finally figured out how to wipe the cache....

I see a thread closure in your future.

IB4TL
Check out my Nexus 4 tool, Image Extractor and Image backup/restore to PC CLICK HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to kthejoker20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andr0idfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 253
I want my 2 minutes back 😢
Current Phone: Nexus 4, Palm Pixi Plus (CDMA)
Tablet : B&N Nook HD+

Previous Phones: Motorola Electrify (GSM mode), Motorola Defy+, Samsung Galaxy Apollo, Nokia N73, Imate Jamin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andr0idfreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wulsic
Old
(Last edited by wulsic; 27th May 2014 at 12:21 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 664
Ha don't be so hard on him there was also an time that we were in that beginner phase, let him learn -±- and it might help other people, who would ask the same. But it doesnt need to be specifically franco but he can mention to look for an custom kernel and that he prefers franco kernel, i prefer now hot weather and beach but also turn off location in 4.4.2 cause location is annoying (thats how the NSA is tracking every terrorist) but i am giving one thanks to him for amusement😳 so if you are feeling now like😨 well LG Life's Good you know?
I need to get back to some asian keyboard again i gues more smilts oleschool.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." – William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far
The Following User Says Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balarishinoob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic View Post
Ha don't be so hard on him there was also an time that we were in that beginner phase, let him learn -±- and it might help other people, who would ask the same. But it doesnt need to be specifically franco but he can mention to look for an custom kernel and that he prefers franco kernel, i prefer now hot weather and beach but also turn off location in 4.4.2 cause location is annoying (thats how the NSA is tracking every terrorist) but i am giving one thanks to him for amusement😳 so if you are feeling now like😨 well LG Life's Good you know?
I need to get back to some asian keyboard again i gues more smilts oleschool.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk
Oh thank you so much .... But why I got many haters ? Is that wrong? I'm gonna delete it asap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

C4SCA
Old
Thanks Meter 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by balarishinoob View Post
Oh thank you so much .... But why I got many haters ? Is that wrong? I'm gonna delete it asap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Simply cuz ur tutorial is misleading... For sure franco's kernel may be better than stock so u may get better battery and less heat "issues", but that can be achieved with any custom kernel when correctly tuned.

sent from my diabetic Nexus 4 (too much KitKats).
"You're either NEXUS or against us!"

Nexus S -> ICS: Apex Rom/*Matr1x* OC: 1.3ghz JB: Stock/@bedalus Kernel OC: 1.1ghz/ 412mb ram
Nexus 7 2012 -> Stock
Lumia 800 -> it doesn't run Android!
SGS2 i9100 -> TW 4.1.2/Apolo Kernel
Nexus 4 (current device) -> Stock 4.4.4/moob Kernel (@bedalus kernel)

Android em português: Plataform'Android

Tags
nexus 4, nexus 4 battery drain., nexus 4 heat up