OP acegolfer

9th June 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402271748643.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2788054 just got my renewal notification. Sweet!
9th June 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218

745 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallik

The drawback with regards to the Vonage app is that the Hangout extension is forwarding the call to the computer, not additionally routing calls to the computer...so if my computer is available, it takes cuts the line ahead of the Vonage app, and the Vonage app never rings.

A resulting issue with this is that the Hangouts extension only keeps track of Hangout conversations that originated from the app/extension, not phone calls (or text messages) that were routed to the Hangout App/Extension. What this means is if someone calls tries to set up a Hangout Call via the Hangout App and I miss it, I get a notification, but if someone attempts a regular phone call that rings on my computer and I miss it, the app/extension does not notify me or keep a history log of the attempted call. Additionally, since the call was never routed to my phone, there will be no record of a missed call there either. To get around this, I sign out of the Hangout extension on my computer if I don't plan on using it.

It's nice to answer GV incoming calls from your computer. But ppl claim that the call quality to be inferior probably because I'm using the computer's microphone. So I disabled "Ring on incoming phone calls" in gmail.com to avoid Hangouts intercepting the GV incoming calls. From gmail.com, click your name in the left bottom (Hangouts). Then Hangouts setting will appear where you can uncheck "Ring on incoming calls."
9th June 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #23  

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer

It's nice to answer GV incoming calls from your computer. But ppl claim that the call quality to be inferior probably because I'm using the computer's microphone. So I disabled "Ring on incoming phone calls" in gmail.com to avoid Hangouts intercepting the GV incoming calls. From gmail.com, click your name in the left bottom (Hangouts). Then Hangouts setting will appear where you can uncheck "Ring on incoming calls."

I think I did this directly in the Hangouts extension. However, it still redirected my calls to the computer, it merely had a smaller pop up notification than normal. Vonage still didn't ring unless I was completely signed out of the Hangouts extension
9th June 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member

745 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallik

I think I did this directly in the Hangouts extension. However, it still redirected my calls to the computer, it merely had a smaller pop up notification than normal. Vonage still didn't ring unless I was completely signed out of the Hangouts extension

Sounds like you didn't disable it from the gmail.com interface.
30th August 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #25  

44 posts
I always seem to have a day or two of issues w/ ReachMe Roaming after my subscription expires, even if I hit the renew subscription button. What happens is that I can't receive calls until I fiddle around with the settings for some reason.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?
13th September 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

745 posts
With handouts free calling with data, this is dead.
13th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 141

961 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer

With handouts free calling with data, this is dead.

Not sure if the "handouts" typo was intentional, but I got a chuckle out of it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread