5,594,386 Members 37,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google kills Android

Tip us?

Itswagz
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Default Re: Google kills Android

I reckon it being Google is a better way to grow the company seeing many people know that Google = YouTube and Google search which we can all agree that nearly every single person on earth uses. And one more thing.

Google should start marketing their effin products! Just like apples marketing strategies. Anybody else agree?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Itswagz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itswagz View Post
I reckon it being Google is a better way to grow the company seeing many people know that Google = YouTube and Google search which we can all agree that nearly every single person on earth uses. And one more thing.

Google should start marketing their effin products! Just like apples marketing strategies. Anybody else agree?

I agree....market the shiat out of glass....cuz that my friends....looks cool

The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugaz View Post
You need to look at this long term. Samsung definitely has the ambitions to become a new apple, i.e. build "their own ecosystem". OS (Tizen), advertising, app store etc etc.
As they already have hooked enough of users on their brand/touch wiz, next step will be to release tizen and make sure there is a certain mass of critical apps and after this samsung can start migrating users over.
Users don't give a damn if it is android/qnx/tizen/firefox os or whatever. As long as it looks the same and feels the same. Which what touchwiz is for.

So I guess el goog will need to do something if it is already not too late. Sadly the motorola is not the solution.
The first Samsung Tizen phone will be launched in or around juli, scource http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7...news&tag=title.

USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
New(er) to Android: READ THE FIRST 6 THREADS IN THE GENEARAL THREAD WELL BEFORE YOU START DOING STUFF LIKE ((UN)LOCKING, ROOTING, FLASHING, ADB, RECOVERY`S)
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itswagz View Post

Apple tries to market their product without attaching the word "Apple". They make their brands as recognizable as possible. Most importantly, their products has a name that somehow defines the functionality, while still trademarkable: iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, iWork, MacBook, iMac, iCloud. Nobody says "the Apple MacBook".

The ordinary people knows Apple only as a logo etched on the back of their phones.

Meanwhile, without the 'Google' brand, their product name would just sound random: Earth, Reader, Maps, Talk, Voice, Plus, Translate, Glass, Drive, Latitude, etc. Only Chrome, YouTube, Gmail, and Android that don't need 'Google' in front of their name. The Nexus is not (yet) strong enough to stand on its own.

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with ParanoidAndroid and Franco.kernel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir View Post
I've heard people calling them Galaxies. Makes me wanna kick them in the neck with my fist.

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with ParanoidAndroid and Franco.kernel
Unfortunately your average gimp in the street thinks that Samsung make android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Note 3 is a beast

styckx
Old
(Last edited by styckx; 25th February 2013 at 10:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.m0x View Post
Unfortunately your average gimp in the street thinks that Samsung make android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Such a sad statement.. Because it's so very true.. I brought my Nexus 10 with me to a get together the other week and the first question I was asked was "Is that a galaxy?"... As I grinded the enamel off my teeth I kindly replied to "No" and didn't bother taking the conversation beyond that for my own sanity.

Ask for Google "killing" Android.. Back when the HTC Dream was all the rage it was known as the "Google Phone".. To me Google branding themselves over their products is par the for course. It's all I've ever known.. Gizmodo is king of fluff pieces and rely on them for tech news as much as I rely on TMZ for entertainment news. Gawker Media at its finest.
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

RedBlueGreen
Old
Thanks Meter 157
All i have to say is... Gizmodo? LOL

/thread

Nexus 4 - Paranoidandroid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedBlueGreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brilldoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 94

Most people do know what android is (there's usually some reference to it on the box of the phone anyway)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Devices: Nexus 4, Asus TF300T

Old: HTC Wildfire, Samsung galaxy tab, HP Touchpad, HTC Sensation

If I have helped you please click the thanks button below or click here to give me more dropbox space

DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR HELP!

mark_d87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default no prob

not a big problem xD
i just care it works xD

redeuxx
Old
Thanks Meter 32

I usually give every outlet a fair shake, but i stopped reading at Gizmodo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2