XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google releases Android 4.4.3 factory images for Nexus devices

Tip us?

windows7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Talking Google releases Android 4.4.3 factory images for Nexus devices

New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramsayeg
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?

stuffynet
Old
(Last edited by stuffynet; 3rd June 2014 at 08:13 AM.) Reason: Added workaround if dialer icon dissapears
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg View Post
Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?
4.4.3 Phone.apk

Big Thanks to AndroidPolice

Mirrors:

mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.dialer-1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.53 MB, 15 views)
DEVICE: LG Nexus 4 16GB
ROM: Stock Untouched

ramsayeg
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet View Post
Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.

stuffynet
Old
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg View Post
Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.
Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
DEVICE: LG Nexus 4 16GB
ROM: Stock Untouched

ramsayeg
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet View Post
Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Really weird. From AP's article it seems to happen to a lot of Nexus users in general. For the meanwhile I reverted back to the old Phone version and everything is back to normal.

saymonek
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I rooted 4.4.3 succesfully with Unified Android ToolKit if someone need to know.
Siemens S1>>Siemens C25i>>Nokia 3310>>Motorola C975>>Nokia 6030>>Sagem MyX5-2>>SE K750i>>SE K800i>>Samsung L760>>Nokia 6680>>SE K550>>Samsung F480>>LG GT540>>Samsung i5700>>HTC Desire Z>>SE Xperia Arc S>>LG L9>>Sony Xperia S>>Nexus 4

John723
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download

Have you used this one. Does this really good ?

Rohit02
Old
Thanks Meter 3,693

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by John723 View Post
Have you used this one. Does this really good ?
Yes it works and is really good..
GOOGLE NEXUS 4
"Half of the bugs are due to dirty flashing,Always clean install it will prevent the thread from cluttering" - Rohit02

Nexus 4 Whatsapp Group - (Open for all Nexus 4 users/ Nexus 5 too)

maritimesbob
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Does it unlock, flash twrp and root with the wugfresh toolkit? I can't see why it would not but just asking, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Bob

LG Nexus 4:: KitKat 4.4.2 stock factory rom, Xposed/Gravity Box
Samsung Tab 2 10.1:: CM10.1 official build rom
HTC One X +:: Insertcoin 4.1 Sense 5 rom (now retired from service!)