FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Google releases Android 4.4.3 factory images for Nexus devices

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
By windows7, Senior Member on 3rd June 2014, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
3rd June 2014, 07:22 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Holon
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?
3rd June 2014, 07:31 AM |#3  
stuffynet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg

Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?

4.4.3 Phone.apk

Big Thanks to AndroidPolice

Mirrors:

mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.dialer-1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.53 MB, 17 views)
Last edited by stuffynet; 3rd June 2014 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added workaround if dialer icon dissapears
3rd June 2014, 08:07 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Holon
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet

4.4.3 Phone.apk

Big Thanks to AndroidPolice

Mirrors:

mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.
3rd June 2014, 08:09 AM |#5  
stuffynet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg

Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.

Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
3rd June 2014, 08:21 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Holon
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet

Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Really weird. From AP's article it seems to happen to a lot of Nexus users in general. For the meanwhile I reverted back to the old Phone version and everything is back to normal.
3rd June 2014, 09:51 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I rooted 4.4.3 succesfully with Unified Android ToolKit if someone need to know.
3rd June 2014, 10:42 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windows7

New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download


Have you used this one. Does this really good ?
3rd June 2014, 11:08 AM |#9  
Rohit02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3,828
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John723

Have you used this one. Does this really good ?

Yes it works and is really good..
3rd June 2014, 11:20 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Cornwall
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Does it unlock, flash twrp and root with the wugfresh toolkit? I can't see why it would not but just asking, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes