ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google releases Android 4.4.3 factory images for Nexus devices

OP windows7

3rd June 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag mashhad
Thanks Meter: 26

181 posts
More
New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Holon
Thanks Meter: 48

162 posts
More
Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?
3rd June 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 381

544 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg

Since I don't want to install 4.4.3, can anyone post the new Nexus 4 phone.apk so I can install it?

4.4.3 Phone.apk

Big Thanks to AndroidPolice

Mirrors:

mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.google.android.dialer-1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.53 MB, 15 views)
Last edited by stuffynet; 3rd June 2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added workaround if dialer icon dissapears
3rd June 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #4  
Flag Holon

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet

4.4.3 Phone.apk

Big Thanks to AndroidPolice

Mirrors:

mirror 1
mirror 2
mirror 3

Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.
3rd June 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 381

544 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsayeg

Is this file from Nexus 4 or 5? because after installation I can't seem to find the Phone icon at all.

Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
3rd June 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #6  
Flag Holon

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffynet

Forgot to tell that there is a "small" problem for some.

AndroidPolice: Note: If your Phone icon disappears, use this workaround or uninstall this update. We don't really know why this happens at the moment, but don't worry - you can always get your dialer back no matter what.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Really weird. From AP's article it seems to happen to a lot of Nexus users in general. For the meanwhile I reverted back to the old Phone version and everything is back to normal.
3rd June 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 15

41 posts
I rooted 4.4.3 succesfully with Unified Android ToolKit if someone need to know.
3rd June 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #8  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windows7

New Android version brings redesigned Phone app along with anticipated bug fixes

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.
Download

Have you used this one. Does this really good ?
3rd June 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3,802

3,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by John723

Have you used this one. Does this really good ?

Yes it works and is really good..
3rd June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cornwall
Thanks Meter: 38

642 posts
More
Does it unlock, flash twrp and root with the wugfresh toolkit? I can't see why it would not but just asking, thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread