The following requirements must be met:
- latest stock android (ota or factory image will do)
- stock recovery (you will get an error if you try to install an ota with a custom recovery)
- contrary to common belief, root does not matter!!
- adb installed on your computer (installing the android sdk is the most common way to do this)
When you get the ota notification you can download the update, but DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE!
- plug your usb cable into your computer (not a front port)
- open the command terminal (start>accessories>cmd or type cmd in the search under the start menu)
- enable usb debugging (settings>development>enable usb debugging)
- type the following line exactly as it's written then press enter
- adb logcat
- it will print out a whole bunch of text below this line in the command terminal. look in here for the download url.
- copy and paste it into a notebook text document and attach it to your post if you can't find the url in this text yourself. someone will help you, for sure!
now it is safe to reboot your phone and install the update