5,595,067 Members 40,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Tip us?
 
knsitu
Old
#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Girona
I unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM recovery, superSu apk and Busybox

If i want to return my nexus 4 to the SAT to replace it, making a full wipe factory reset, flashing stock recovery and locking the bootloader will be enough?

Root files, supersu and busybox remain with a Factory reset? I didn't change the rom is the stock rom.

Thank you
 
efrant
Old
#22  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7750
Posts: 9,360
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knsitu View Post
I unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM recovery, superSu apk and Busybox

If i want to return my nexus 4 to the SAT to replace it, making a full wipe factory reset, flashing stock recovery and locking the bootloader will be enough?

Root files, supersu and busybox remain with a Factory reset? I didn't change the rom is the stock rom.

Thank you
A factory reset will not remove root files or busybox or any other files that you put in /system. A factory reset only deletes the data in the userdata partition, not in the system partition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dcarpenter85
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 476
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Zanesville, OH
Followed the guide to unlock and root my phone, worked perfectly. Thanks.
 
knsitu
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Girona
I flashed the stock image from the toolkit to return it to the sat but I'm from Spain and I remember when I first start my nexus was in Spanish, now when you first start or make a factory reset it's in English. That could be a problem to give it to the sat for a replacement?
 
tweaked
Old
#25  
tweaked's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 634
Posts: 1,125
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Your Moms house
efrant, thank you. This guide is dead on. Helped me reinstal back to stock. You sir; are the man.
*Phone: Nexus 4 16g.
*Recovery: Koush touch 6.0.X
*Rom: ParanoidAndroid 4.3
*Kernel: Franco Kernel

*Tablet Nexus 7 Flo 16g
*Recovery: TWRP 2.6
*Rom: Paranoid Android
*Kernel: Franco kernel
***Flo - http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/flo
GAPPS - http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps
 
dongyun
Old
#26  
dongyun's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 24
Join Date: Nov 2012
Wow! Awesome!
 
efrant
Old
#27  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7750
Posts: 9,360
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by knsitu View Post
I flashed the stock image from the toolkit to return it to the sat but I'm from Spain and I remember when I first start my nexus was in Spanish, now when you first start or make a factory reset it's in English. That could be a problem to give it to the sat for a replacement?
I doubt it would b ea problem.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vineet381
Old
#28  
vineet381's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 326
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Hi,
I followed everything in Step D and I am stuck at logo X
When in recovery, I do not see any option to wipe factory data, I only see android symbol with red exclamation sign.
Please advise how to go pass through the logo

Nexus 4
 
efrant
Old
#29  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7750
Posts: 9,360
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet381 View Post
Hi,
I followed everything in Step D and I am stuck at logo X
When in recovery, I do not see any option to wipe factory data, I only see android symbol with red exclamation sign.
Please advise how to go pass through the logo
The android with the red exclamation is the main screen of the stock recovery. To access the menu from that screen, hold the power button and press volume up.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
 
vineet381
Old
#30  
vineet381's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 326
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
nothing, I came to red exclaimation screen by volume up + volume down + power, then selected recovery from volume up and then hit power to enter recovery, now when i press vloume up + power, nothing happens

Nexus 4

Tags
efrant, flash factory image, return to stock, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes