Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Tip us?
 
pafaisal
Old
#451  
pafaisal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 168
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrone View Post
did you install the universal naked driver v0.72? if it's so, no need to reinstall.
Do I need to uninstall the previous driver...?
Nexus 4 / CM11 Nightly
 
chrone
Old
#452  
chrone's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 1,025
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Surabaya
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafaisal View Post
Do I need to uninstall the previous driver...?
No need to uninstall nor reinstall if you have already installed the universal naked driver v0.72. All nexus series are there.

Sent from my Nexus 4
LGE Nexus 5 16GB Black: Android KitKat.
efrant's Android 101 for Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to chrone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
squalluca
Old
#453  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Can you post a screen shot of your command window when you try the commands in steps D4-D9?
Here's the screen, we tried the commands in a different order as suggested by someone in an other thread but tha same error appears
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1726432  
 
efrant
Old
#454  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046
Posts: 9,522
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by squalluca View Post
Here's the screen, we tried the commands in a different order as suggested by someone in an other thread but tha same error appears
Strange. I really have no idea what could be causing that.

These are the things I would check:
1) Are you using the latest version of fastboot?
2) Are you using a USB port on the back of your PC?
3) Are you using 1wayjonny's 0.72 driver?
4) Are you using the correct bootloader file? (I'm assuming you just renamed it for ease of typing -- if that is the case, then ignore this.)
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
 
danfalcas
Old
#455  
danfalcas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 310
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Josť

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
I am adding this how-to in case people need it, for return their device to Google, etc.

This is NOT meant to replace going through the steps in post #1. They are there for your learning, and should be used as a primary method of returning your device to stock. However, if your USB port is indeed messed up, then you will not be able to use the instructions in post #1.

Warning: if your USB port is indeed broken, and you complete all the steps below, you will have NO possible way at all to unlock your bootloader, or get root, or install a custom recovery. Period.

Note: I have not tested the zip in step 3 yet.

1) Ensure that you have root, and a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed;
2) Download segv11's BootUnlocker app from the Play Store, install it and lock your bootloader with it;
3) Download this file (stock JOP40D ROM, kernel/ramdisk, radio and recovery) and place it on your device; EDIT: New file will be uploaded soon.
4) Reboot into CWM and flash the file you downloaded in step 3;
5) Turn off your device and reboot into the bootloader;
6) Go to recovery and access the stock recovery menu (i.e., when you see the android with the red triangle, hold power and press vol up) and do a factory reset and then wipe cache.
7) Done. Now you are fully stock JOP40D with a locked bootloader.
Link is down it only showed me upload options. Can you please tell me where can I download stock recovery :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
 
efrant
Old
#456  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046
Posts: 9,522
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfalcas View Post
Link is down it only showed me upload options. Can you please tell me where can I download stock recovery :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I haven't had time to fully test and upload yet.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
 
ran495
Old
#457  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 134
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
I am adding this how-to in case people need it, for return their device to Google, etc.

This is NOT meant to replace going through the steps in post #1. They are there for your learning, and should be used as a primary method of returning your device to stock. However, if your USB port is indeed messed up, then you will not be able to use the instructions in post #1.

Warning: if your USB port is indeed broken, and you complete all the steps below, you will have NO possible way at all to unlock your bootloader, or get root, or install a custom recovery. Period.

Note: I have not tested the zip in step 3 yet.

1) Ensure that you have root, and a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed;
2) Download segv11's BootUnlocker app from the Play Store, install it and lock your bootloader with it;
3) Download this file (stock JOP40D ROM, kernel/ramdisk, radio and recovery) and place it on your device; EDIT: New file will be uploaded soon.
4) Reboot into CWM and flash the file you downloaded in step 3;
5) Turn off your device and reboot into the bootloader;
6) Go to recovery and access the stock recovery menu (i.e., when you see the android with the red triangle, hold power and press vol up) and do a factory reset and then wipe cache.
7) Done. Now you are fully stock JOP40D with a locked bootloader.

hi sir efrant,

the stock JOP40D ROM link here doesnt work anymore. May i ask for another? Thanks!



















youtube downloader
 
efrant
Old
#458  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046
Posts: 9,522
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran495 View Post
hi sir efrant,

the stock JOP40D ROM link here doesnt work anymore. May i ask for another? Thanks!
Read the post above yours...


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
 
Girn
Old
#459  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 972
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

@ efrant or anyone else.. I'm on stock ROM on faux kernel with xlouder.. In order to successfully flash 4.2.2 update. Does this seem right?

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system.IMG
Fastboot flash boot.IMG
Fastboot reboot

I know that's not exactly the commands but does the procedure seem right? Am I missing anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
thephantom
Old
#460  
thephantom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 445
Posts: 1,407
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere in between
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girn View Post
@ efrant or anyone else.. I'm on stock ROM on faux kernel with xlouder.. In order to successfully flash 4.2.2 update. Does this seem right?

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system.IMG
Fastboot flash boot.IMG
Fastboot reboot

I know that's not exactly the commands but does the procedure seem right? Am I missing anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system system.img
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot reboot

If you want ota, you might also add fastboot flash recovery recovery.img just to make sure if you're on custom recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

The Following User Says Thank You to thephantom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
efrant, flash factory image, return to stock, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes