Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Tip us?

pafaisal
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrone View Post
did you install the universal naked driver v0.72? if it's so, no need to reinstall.
Do I need to uninstall the previous driver...?
Nexus 4 / CM11 Nightly

chrone
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafaisal View Post
Do I need to uninstall the previous driver...?
No need to uninstall nor reinstall if you have already installed the universal naked driver v0.72. All nexus series are there.

Sent from my Nexus 4
LGE Nexus 5 16GB Black: Android KitKat.
efrant's Android 101 for Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to chrone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

squalluca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Can you post a screen shot of your command window when you try the commands in steps D4-D9?
Here's the screen, we tried the commands in a different order as suggested by someone in an other thread but tha same error appears
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1726432  

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by squalluca View Post
Here's the screen, we tried the commands in a different order as suggested by someone in an other thread but tha same error appears
Strange. I really have no idea what could be causing that.

These are the things I would check:
1) Are you using the latest version of fastboot?
2) Are you using a USB port on the back of your PC?
3) Are you using 1wayjonny's 0.72 driver?
4) Are you using the correct bootloader file? (I'm assuming you just renamed it for ease of typing -- if that is the case, then ignore this.)
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

danfalcas
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [HOW-TO] How to flash a factory image / return to stock / unlock / root #

Quote:
I am adding this how-to in case people need it, for return their device to Google, etc.

This is NOT meant to replace going through the steps in post #1. They are there for your learning, and should be used as a primary method of returning your device to stock. However, if your USB port is indeed messed up, then you will not be able to use the instructions in post #1.

Warning: if your USB port is indeed broken, and you complete all the steps below, you will have NO possible way at all to unlock your bootloader, or get root, or install a custom recovery. Period.

Note: I have not tested the zip in step 3 yet.

1) Ensure that you have root, and a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed;
2) Download segv11's BootUnlocker app from the Play Store, install it and lock your bootloader with it;
3) Download this file (stock JOP40D ROM, kernel/ramdisk, radio and recovery) and place it on your device; EDIT: New file will be uploaded soon.
4) Reboot into CWM and flash the file you downloaded in step 3;
5) Turn off your device and reboot into the bootloader;
6) Go to recovery and access the stock recovery menu (i.e., when you see the android with the red triangle, hold power and press vol up) and do a factory reset and then wipe cache.
7) Done. Now you are fully stock JOP40D with a locked bootloader.
Link is down it only showed me upload options. Can you please tell me where can I download stock recovery :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfalcas View Post
Link is down it only showed me upload options. Can you please tell me where can I download stock recovery :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I haven't had time to fully test and upload yet.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

ran495
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
I am adding this how-to in case people need it, for return their device to Google, etc.

This is NOT meant to replace going through the steps in post #1. They are there for your learning, and should be used as a primary method of returning your device to stock. However, if your USB port is indeed messed up, then you will not be able to use the instructions in post #1.

Warning: if your USB port is indeed broken, and you complete all the steps below, you will have NO possible way at all to unlock your bootloader, or get root, or install a custom recovery. Period.

Note: I have not tested the zip in step 3 yet.

1) Ensure that you have root, and a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed;
2) Download segv11's BootUnlocker app from the Play Store, install it and lock your bootloader with it;
3) Download this file (stock JOP40D ROM, kernel/ramdisk, radio and recovery) and place it on your device; EDIT: New file will be uploaded soon.
4) Reboot into CWM and flash the file you downloaded in step 3;
5) Turn off your device and reboot into the bootloader;
6) Go to recovery and access the stock recovery menu (i.e., when you see the android with the red triangle, hold power and press vol up) and do a factory reset and then wipe cache.
7) Done. Now you are fully stock JOP40D with a locked bootloader.

hi sir efrant,

the stock JOP40D ROM link here doesnt work anymore. May i ask for another? Thanks!

youtube downloader

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8046

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran495 View Post
hi sir efrant,

the stock JOP40D ROM link here doesnt work anymore. May i ask for another? Thanks!
Read the post above yours...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Google Nexus 5

Girn
Old
Thanks Meter 110

@ efrant or anyone else.. I'm on stock ROM on faux kernel with xlouder.. In order to successfully flash 4.2.2 update. Does this seem right?

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system.IMG
Fastboot flash boot.IMG
Fastboot reboot

I know that's not exactly the commands but does the procedure seem right? Am I missing anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girn View Post
@ efrant or anyone else.. I'm on stock ROM on faux kernel with xlouder.. In order to successfully flash 4.2.2 update. Does this seem right?

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system.IMG
Fastboot flash boot.IMG
Fastboot reboot

I know that's not exactly the commands but does the procedure seem right? Am I missing anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Fastboot devices
Fastboot flash system system.img
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot reboot

If you want ota, you might also add fastboot flash recovery recovery.img just to make sure if you're on custom recovery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

The Following User Says Thank You to thephantom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
efrant, flash factory image, return to stock, root