Search This thread

Cice96

May 9, 2012
Reactions: CallMeAldy

CallMeAldy

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
www.aldrinholmes.com
There's another ROM with f2fs support it's called slimkaterator on a french forum. If you look at the last posts you'll find it

Inviato dal mio GT-P5110 utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Link if someone is interested: http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/156356-rom442halopieotafrslimkaterator-46-2204/?p=2996906

Inviato dal mio GT-P5110 utilizzando Tapatalk

Added to OP. Thanks :)

deedeeceleb

Oct 10, 2011
As far as I know Franco kernel isn't booting yet...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

nmogas

Dec 12, 2012
Can't get HellsDoctor kernel running dunno why :s everytime I flash it ill get stuck in google logo.. do i need to do anything in special?

CallMeAldy

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
www.aldrinholmes.com

nmogas

Dec 12, 2012
Could you please elaborate?

Well, i just did this:

• Download compatible ROM
  • Download FormatPartitions.zip
  • Download "special" TWRP for All-F2FS: openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-mako-All-F2FS.img
  • (This is different for that of simply F2FS)
  • Copy FormatPartitions.zip and ROM on Phone
  • Flash "special" TWRP with Fastboot
  • Flash FormatPartitions.zip with new Recovery
  • Reboot Recovery
  • Flash ROM with new Recovery
  • Flash HellsDoctor Kernel
  • (Flash GApps with new Recovery)
  • Go to Wipe Menu and press Format Data (The Big BUTTON!) (You will LOSE all your Data! Music, Movies etc!!)
  • Reboot

If i dont flash any kernel the rom boots fine, but if i flash a kernel i just get stuck in google logo :s

CallMeAldy

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
www.aldrinholmes.com
Well, i just did this:

• Download "special" TWRP for All-F2FS: openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-mako-All-F2FS.img
  • Reboot Recovery
  • Flash HellsDoctor Kernel
  • Go to Wipe Menu and press Format Data (The Big BUTTON!) (You will LOSE all your Data! Music, Movies etc!!)
  • Reboot

If i dont flash any kernel the rom boots fine, but if i flash a kernel i just get stuck in google logo :s

Which ROM?

ohad129

Jan 25, 2013
Hello why its so complicated to upload new rom !? You are talking here like pro what about the noobs here can you do a simple why to upload it as a tool?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

CallMeAldy

Jan 21, 2012
Mumbai
www.aldrinholmes.com
Hello why its so complicated to upload new rom !? You are talking here like pro what about the noobs here can you do a simple why to upload it as a tool?

Nobody's is talking like a pro here and nobody is a noob. You just need some patience to read the OP and go through everything. Probably you should be doing that :)

nmogas

Dec 12, 2012
Well, tbh i just want to save as much battery as possible and i read that hellsdoctors is good =) Any news about velocity kernel?

ohad129

Jan 25, 2013
Copy formatpartitation+rom to which folder?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is F2FS?

F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System) is a flash file system created by Kim Jaegeuk at Samsung for the Linux operating system kernel. The motive for F2FS was to build a file system that from the start takes into account the characteristics of NAND flash memory-based storage devices (such as solid-state disks, eMMC, and SD cards), which are widely used in computer systems ranging from mobile devices to servers.

What is All-F2FS?

We used F2FS only for /data. It was simply because we have only to flash a compatible Kernel and Format /data partition. With All-F2FS we use F2FS for all partitions and we need a compatible ROM

Instructions:

(All credits to authors. legolas93 only made them compatible with F2FS)
    • Reboot Recovery
    • Reboot

(Recovery has a RED back button to remember you that you are using the F2FS recovery!)

Phone is snappy and smooth with All-F2FS.

2db12xy.png

Revert to EXT4

- Flash a "normal" recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot Recovery
    - Flash RestorePartitions.zip (Untested)
    - Reboot Recovery
    - Flash your previous ROM

(Required commit)
    Compatible Kernels

Kernels

HellsDoctor (AOSP and CM) (Credits :- barome)

Jolie Kernel (AOSP) (Credits :- jolinnard)

HellsCore (CM) (Credits :- hellsgod and jolinnard)

HellsCore (AOSP) (Credits :- hellsgod and callmealdy)

Matrix (AOSP) (Credits :- mathkid and jolinnard)

franco.Kernel(AOSP and CM) (Credits :- franco and jolinnard)

Aufa's Kernel V26 (CM) (Credits :- mnajem)
    Compatible ROM's

UPDATE :- C-RoM Uploaded to AFH. ;)

Compatible ROM's

Slim-mako-4.4.2.build.4-All-F2FS-2.zip (Credits :- legolas93)

For Various F2FS Roms (AOSP and CM) Go Here. (Credits :- CallMeAldy)

For All F2FS PSX Builds Go Here. (Credits :- mikaole)

SlimKaterator Rom (Credits :- Godzillandroid)

DarkSideTeam ROM (AOSP) THREAD (Credits :- DarkSideTeam)

Please Note :- Flash the CM rom and then HellsGod CM kernel linked in the kernels post and then boot :)
    New Slimkat kernel for 4.4.3 updated. Two versions available:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Is there a guide that explains how to patch kernels to be auto-f2fs in the same way that jolinnard does so? I was going to ask AK if he would be able to add the patch to his builds if it is possible but I don't know what or where the source is to patch kernels or if it is possible to add patch and keep kernel function on phones formatted as all-ext4, all-f2fs, or system-ext4/data&cache-f2fs. If someone here can help me so I may ask a kernel developer to add the auto detection to their kernel or so that I can patch the kernel myself would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't know any guide. I will try to make a summary. Hope it helps you:

The process isn't fully automatic. You need to clone the repo for your kernel and apply those patches:
    Code:
    https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead/commit/b12bd5c7e30ddcc2b7f4c1005697a7203d716416
    https://github.com/barome/kernel_msm/commit/23f55528fe351af2c2a3aa3b143a780af4e84b8a
    https://github.com/barome/kernel_msm/commit/a4f90f00cecc3b668af9cf6c1795d0d1fb0b2426

After that, set those options for F2FS (on in menuconfig Filesystems -> Misc.:
    Code:
    CONFIG_F2FS_FS=y
    CONFIG_F2FS_STAT_FS=y
    CONFIG_F2FS_FS_XATTR=y
    CONFIG_F2FS_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
    CONFIG_F2FS_FS_SECURITY=y
    # CONFIG_F2FS_CHECK_FS is not set

Build it with your desire toolchain.

The final step is to make a flasheable zip. Usually I use the same as original developer. You need to override zImage and modules and add my auto script. Modify to the flash process to execute my script when boot is uncompressed (you can use the file repack-ramdisk.sh, check one of my auto kernels for details) and add execution permissions in updater-script for smart-fstab-generator.sh.

That's all :)