Tip us?

draugaz
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztwo View Post
Btw: Google_Open_16G? What is this?
A device made for Google (Play store).

As opposed to the other versions made for other retailers like O2, T-Mobile, Hutchinson Austria and so on.

Like:

AHKGBK - Hongkong, some retailer
ADEUBK - Germany retail 16G (probably Mediamarkt)
ADEGBK - Germany Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AHASBK - Hutchinson "Three" Austria
ATMOBK - T-Mobile USA
AESGBK - Spain Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AFRGBK - France Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AUKGBK - UK Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AO2UBK - O2 UK
ASWSBK - Switzeland, some retailer
AMYSBK - Malaysia, some retailer
AISRBK - Israel, some retailer
AAUGBK - Australia, Google Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)

And so on.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskeyy View Post
There is my from o2 uk, no s/n number
I think those stickers are tailored to each cusomer to suit their warehousing systems (Google Play, O2, T-Mob and so on).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to draugaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4223
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugaz View Post
A device made for Google (Play store).

As opposed to the other versions made for other retailers like O2, T-Mobile, Hutchinson Austria and so on.

Like:

AHKGBK - Hongkong, some retailer
ADEUBK - Germany retail 16G (probably Mediamarkt)
ADEGBK - Germany Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AHASBK - Hutchinson "Three" Austria
ATMOBK - T-Mobile USA
AESGBK - Spain Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AFRGBK - France Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AUKGBK - UK Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)
AO2UBK - O2 UK
ASWSBK - Switzeland, some retailer
AMYSBK - Malaysia, some retailer
AISRBK - Israel, some retailer
AAUGBK - Australia, Google Play store 16G (Google_Open_16G)

And so on.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I think those stickers are tailored to each cusomer to suit their warehousing systems (Google Play, O2, T-Mob and so on).
They are. But how are we to find out what rev we have?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwyl View Post
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=<your imei without hyphen here>

Found this online
2 3539180526_ _ _ _ _ LGE960 AHKGBK 212KPF_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 20121214 GLOBAL/GLOBAL N N
this returns a string like this for my device
it means
unknown - IMEI - Model - SKU - S/N - Production Date? - ? - ? - ?
and would the SKU means
A
HK - Hong Kong -> where it is bought
GB - Global?
K - Korea -> where it is made

Can anyone post and match there details here?
Thanks, that worked. 210K here, AO2UBK.

I'm a noob, you are a noob and you are a noob. Let's group nOOb hug!

sububack
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztwo View Post
Mine is: LGE960 AESGBK ------ 210KPCA06---- 20121031 ESG 20121105 N GOOGLE_OPEN_16G
rev 10

Made in October 31th. Shipped to Google in November 5th. Made in Korea. Dunno about the 'PCA' string. To Spain. 16 GB. SKU:

Are there any clearly differences between revs? Can't get a clear idea of them.

Btw: Google_Open_16G? What is this?
Unlocked one for Google?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover View Post
They are. But how are we to find out what rev we have?

To find the 'rev' you have to boot in bootloader mode. hold -volume key + Power.
These manufacturing dates, help to clearly state if the issues which have noticed stopped from so and so batch.
----------------
Nexus 4 -- JB
Lava Xolo (Intel Atom) -- ICS
The Following User Says Thank You to sububack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyyankees3511
Old
Thanks Meter 31
for some reason my imei doesnt show anything when I go on that site.

Nuu~
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees3511 View Post
for some reason my imei doesnt show anything when I go on that site.
Check the page's source. The information should be there.
I forgot if you need to include the dashes in the imei, though.

undercover
Old
Thanks Meter 4223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuu~ View Post
Check the page's source. The information should be there.
I forgot if you need to include the dashes in the imei, though.
I don't have any dashes. I've put a number in and voila

I'm a noob, you are a noob and you are a noob. Let's group nOOb hug!

philwaud
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Unhappy Must be wrong?

Hi guys
Im stuck in the loop waiting for my phone to be delivered on 30th January

I can see the logic in everyones argument here, but I think Im going to throw a spanner in the works!

If LG can make the phones and deliver them in a few days, then why have they closed the play store for new orders? Surely if they could produce them so quickly, then they would just keep the play store open? I cant believe that a company like Google (and LG) who have experience of delivering products such as the nexus can mess up so badly.

When I worked in a supermarket we were always told "an empty space sells nothing", and to get any gap on the shelf filled with any product no matter what. Its a complete shambles that Google have NO devices at all to sell on their UK play store, they sure have a lot to learn as a retailer!

Phil

draugaz
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwaud View Post
Hi guys
Im stuck in the loop waiting for my phone to be delivered on 30th January

I can see the logic in everyones argument here, but I think Im going to throw a spanner in the works!

If LG can make the phones and deliver them in a few days, then why have they closed the play store for new orders? Surely if they could produce them so quickly, then they would just keep the play store open? I cant believe that a company like Google (and LG) who have experience of delivering products such as the nexus can mess up so badly.

When I worked in a supermarket we were always told "an empty space sells nothing", and to get any gap on the shelf filled with any product no matter what. Its a complete shambles that Google have NO devices at all to sell on their UK play store, they sure have a lot to learn as a retailer!
The crucial differece is, that el goog simply can't "fill the shelf with any product". They need a very specific product which is a puzzle sourced from many different sources. Many of them without any alternative.

So if el goog closed the store, it can mean just only one thing: they either have problems with sourcing of some of components (camera module, LCD, glass, CPU, RAM whatever) or there are production problems, for example LG production lines could be fully booked out for next 6 weeks or so. Looming Chinese&Korean new year (=sales) and so on.
Otherwise it does not make any sense, like you said, an empty production line does not earn any money for LG and absolutely no gain for el goog.

They botched the whole thing the very same moment they did their initial estimations, i.e. months before sales even begun. Not sure anyone can be blamed for this, N1, NS and GN sales were not really encouraging.

What we see now is an inevitable struggle to right the ship. I would say they are doing quite well given the circumstances.

VertigoM
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Why is the serial number on the box different from what is reported on the phone under Settings -> About Phone -> Status?

Is that normal?

Richieboy67
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugaz View Post
The crucial differece is, that el goog simply can't "fill the shelf with any product". They need a very specific product which is a puzzle sourced from many different sources. Many of them without any alternative.

So if el goog closed the store, it can mean just only one thing: they either have problems with sourcing of some of components (camera module, LCD, glass, CPU, RAM whatever) or there are production problems, for example LG production lines could be fully booked out for next 6 weeks or so. Looming Chinese&Korean new year (=sales) and so on.
Otherwise it does not make any sense, like you said, an empty production line does not earn any money for LG and absolutely no gain for el goog.

They botched the whole thing the very same moment they did their initial estimations, i.e. months before sales even begun. Not sure anyone can be blamed for this, N1, NS and GN sales were not really encouraging.

What we see now is an inevitable struggle to right the ship. I would say they are doing quite well given the circumstances.
Well said. It did not help that there were so many people crying about the lack of am sd card and the lack of lte. I am sure they did not think they would sell many and I watched a video some time ago with a Google guy where he said the same thing.

I am glad I got mine and as long as they are so rare the value of these things will remain very high.

Actually it would be cool in a way of they did stop the glitter backs. It would make those phones that have it sort of collector editions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Tags
date, production