LG Optimus g Stock Rom 4.4.2 Booting Status WIP

Do you guys like the LG 4.4.2 Stock UI and do you want it on your N4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeav but i had old updater-script commands when edify wasnt like its now i had the old things you know.
And i know we cant write it all but we need to remove also libraries and crap or to find another way. Well if you could ported the 4.1.2 what is even harder then you could also port the 4.4.2
Maybe aerys could also help us but he was further then us now we just got it boot to emergency mode or whatever. I just cancelled my build thing i will upload later in the night so after 12h or more the full version. I already putted links to system.img files so you guys could use kitchen to get everything extracted. uploadfromtaptalk1400884002610.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400884018769.jpg
There are no qslide apps cause i removed it temporary to see if booting works with other kinds of bloatware.

Maybe we have to wait or find some person who is making from the korean version international one. I founded an superlight one but need to wait 24h too many downloads and one where all the korean stuff got removed.
Im tired im gonna sleep cya!

Edit: navbar is working but i think i made the screenshots before i added
The line for navbar in the build.prop
Qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
Who need help i can help out a bit.
I am getting an busy weekend. Learning for tests, fixing boot issues by the first cm10 build for the galaxy fame and this here. But always remember LG
Life Is Good or pacman logo if you put the L in the G.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Yeav but i had old updater-script commands when edify wasnt like its now i had the old things you know.
And i know we cant write it all but we need to remove also libraries and crap or to find another way. Well if you could ported the 4.1.2 what is even harder then you could also port the 4.4.2
Maybe aerys could also help us but he was further then us now we just got it boot to emergency mode or whatever. I just cancelled my build thing i will upload later in the night so after 12h or more the full version. I already putted links to system.img files so you guys could use kitchen to get everything extracted.View attachment 2759809View attachment 2759810
There are no qslide apps cause i removed it temporary to see if booting works with other kinds of bloatware.

Maybe we have to wait or find some person who is making from the korean version international one. I founded an superlight one but need to wait 24h too many downloads and one where all the korean stuff got removed.
Im tired im gonna sleep cya!

Edit: navbar is working but i think i made the screenshots before i added
The line for navbar in the build.prop
Qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
Who need help i can help out a bit.
I am getting an busy weekend. Learning for tests, fixing boot issues by the first cm10 build for the galaxy fame and this here. But always remember LG
Life Is Good or pacman logo if you put the L in the G.
ofc i will try to help, however meta - inf link is dead, can you re upload?

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yes i will upload again now. Seems that the link wasnt good copied.
I think i need to make some reference to these posts in the op.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfb3lZS0RraWhCYzQ/edit
https://mega.co.nz/#!RwAkRRLY!JiDDxN7E8T4T_jAV5Qoli0Jnb2uk6iIGrNucgBDmD6E
You could remove backuptool from updater-script and the files or just paste it in the bin folder idk.
Isee now that what i used from my desktop was from mokee as base for the updater-script and backuptools so credits to them i think. It might miss some symlinks but i dont know you guys could probably add the things i forgot. I will try to upload my complete working folder which was first based on slimmed kk from optimus g android development from paul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciocas25x

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
@22sl22 and @oPPosemilk do you guys already have some progress? I wil continue with my own build after i am done with homework.

No progress, been busy and had a huge scare yesterday. Once it booted into the rom it shut down after a few min and recovery mode wasn't working, only download mode for some reason so I had to do a factory reset. It was weird, wifi, radio was working and then it just stopped. Strange

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sure, I'll give it a try. Busy watching football now so I'll do some more testing later :)

Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfUl9uTldkX3RNdk0
I didnt really edited much on this one or nothing dont know anymore precisely but lets say that it works with booting and touchscreen so further i still need to get things working but my eyes are hurting like hell so i am going to lay on bed again Goodluck! I will continue further if my eyes stop hurting when moving.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
@wulsic thanks for that, but it doesn't boot now. It goes to the LG Logo and then a black screen. I willl try changing a few things on my side to make it work, you feeling better?

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@wulsic thanks for that, but it doesn't boot now. It goes to the LG Logo and then a black screen. I willl try changing a few things on my side to make it work, you feeling better?

Well yeah thankyou for caring. I am now trying to symlink priv-app and the app folder from the sdcard probably wont work but who knows. So ican see if all the apps are working well.

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Well yeah thankyou for caring. I am now trying to symlink priv-app and the app folder from the sdcard probably wont work but who knows. So ican see if all the apps are working well.

Ok good luck. Are you gonna get this moved to development section?

I'm gonna stop working on this now, I've never been much of a rom dev and this is out of my hands now so good luck to you and any other devs to get this running properly :good:

Reactions: wulsic

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ok good luck. Are you gonna get this moved to development section?

I'm gonna stop working on this now, I've never been much of a rom dev and this is out of my hands now so good luck to you and any other devs to get this running properly :good:

Yes i asked to an mod an day ago still no reaction weird:confused:
I will ask another mod But thanks for helping anyway.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
@Marsou77 well i am trying it now but i need help or other rom devs need to get attention to this thread too. Maybe we need to wait till at&t optimus g gets kitkat since they are more the same with hardware. Till now i got it booting apps are working some and some partly but i need to have an idea to get everything working since the system partition is only 828 mb and the dump is 1,3 or 1,6 gb.
I am also busy with school and some cm10 project for the galaxy fame but i will try to get things working. Thanks for following the thread too.

Rom devs feel free to help or to create your own but please share it with the community.
Problems now are
Not working wifi
Everything related to radio are not working. Audio isnt working bluetooth and nfc i didnt tested. Screenshot works touch works and front camera works. If i go to back camera then the camera app fc.
I also made this thread to get some attention on that a device of almost everything the same hardware can get this ported since the lg project from 4.1.2 was another thing since its now 4.4.2
Btw for the ones who want it and also continue with it so we have 2 people who can make some progress me and somebody else that you guys dont need to depend on me only i will upload my meta-inf and boot.img

I also wanted to say that i could take the time tomorrow after school I will reflash my build and logcat to see where the problems are to attempt to solve them.

Last edited:

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
@Marsou77 well i am trying it now but i need help or other rom devs need to get attention to this thread too. Maybe we need to wait till at&t optimus g gets kitkat since they are more the same with hardware. Till now i got it booting apps are working some and some partly but i need to have an idea to get everything working since the system partition is only 828 mb and the dump is 1,3 or 1,6 gb.
I am also busy with school and some cm10 project for the galaxy fame but i will try to get things working. Thanks for following the thread too.

Rom devs feel free to help or to create your own but please share it with the community.
Problems now are
Not working wifi
Everything related to radio are not working. Audio isnt working bluetooth and nfc i didnt tested. Screenshot works touch works and front camera works. If i go to back camera then the camera app fc.
I also made this thread to get some attention on that a device of almost everything the same hardware can get this ported since the lg project from 4.1.2 was another thing since its now 4.4.2
Btw for the ones who want it and also continue with it so we have 2 people who can make some progress me and somebody else that you guys dont need to depend on me only i will upload my meta-inf and boot.img

I also wanted to say that i could take the time tomorrow after school I will reflash my build and logcat to see where the problems are to attempt to solve them.
got audio working by replacing some libs, however do you know if lg released lg og kernel sources?only way to fix ril(99% sure, since its same thing as 4.1.2 port) is applying some patchs in lg og´s kernel to load our radio.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
got audio working by replacing some libs, however do you know if lg released lg og kernel sources?only way to fix ril(99% sure, since its same thing as 4.1.2 port) is applying some patchs in lg og´s kernel to load our radio.

Thanks i was also thinking by replacing some libraries but i didnt know exactly which so i needed to logcat first but you were earlier. I was watching on lg opensourcecode and they didnt released it yet. Only for v20 but kitkat was v30.
Maybe we could contact lg to ask when it gets released? But opssemnik i wonder how did you got it to fit on system partition. Did you just removed some apps or did you symlink them someway?
But the servers from lg are really good only less then 5 minutes waiting and downloaded. For my cm10 project for the fame an small device source took downloading around 30 minutes from samsung.i think that lg is more developer friendly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My idea was good I have installed this app from playstore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=it
    I have full working audio speaker (when headphone isn't plugged in ) and headphone (whene it's real plugged in)
    I'll see later for sound (now we have a woalkaround so it has not the priority to fix)
    I'll look at ril (main important thing that must be fix before)

Here is a short video of the phone with the rom (audio test and internet/wifi testing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB36rk88Zt4&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: for lg lover people I have made lg3 laucher work smooth

Here some screenshoots
    @wulsic I got it down to 813mb!! System Partition size is 827 mb for nexus 4, now I just need fix those damn symlinks :( :(

Edit: Going to try to flash now again i founded out that my updater script coding was outdated.
    Edit2: Its coming to the LG Logo lets see how far it goes. Maybe i still need to change something in the Boot.img
    EDIT3: Good news Got it booting with some basic apps and Fc keyboard -.- but it got booted so **** yeah! @22sl22 do you got it booted already? if not i will send you my updater-script and binary if you need it.
    Now i am going to get the wifi working and those kind of things.
    I will ask to move this thread to android development.

Wifi Signal Etc not working probably not an good path to the modem from the nexus 4. i will post later screenshots if you dont believe me. I am not sharing it yet cause wifi and those crap doesnt work yet and we need to get an way to get all applications or basic on the partition.
    Long boot then the Oldbasic android letters so i think its in some emergency mode but i will find out whats the problem!
    NOTE

This is an port of the optimus g stock ROM, it doesnt fully work yet and doesnt had all the apps because of the 828mb system partition and the optimus g had 2gigabyte. It isnt for daily use yet because of the random reboots and no GSM and maybe soms fcs

If you go back to some other rom again dont forget to flash the good modem again or it will end in a bootloop or not cellular/wifi
    Also if you backed up a rom with your data in twrp or CWM same story i also needed to flash the good modem to get out of bootloop.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
     * nuclear war, pinguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
     */

Since this is the same case as miui you need to change modem.So steps are below.
    Download the files from the link below.
    • Download the zip files
    • WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    • Format/System
    • flash the rom zip from recovery
    • flash the 4.4 gapps zip from recovery or your own. You can use mine or from Banks.
    • Flash the Modem from recovery
    • Reboot
    Downloads:
    Rom
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfXzBIejI3TURDYUU
    Modem
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfOVdmWEl2bHQ1SlU/

Back Camera doesnt work
    GSM Network/cellular doesnt work
    NFC
    Random reboots sometimes
    Tell me more

Screenshots will be coming later since i need to do homework for tomorrow. but you must imagine LG UI with a gel launcher
    This rom is really for daily use yet. It sometimes random reboots after a LONG time dun know why yet and GSM/cellular doesnt work.

Credits:

LG for their rom
    Google for android
    eugenioxx for reminding me for a fix for wifi
    22sl22 for Shrinking the System
    blttalas for Shrinking the System
    Cyanogenmod for their kernel
    All the great users which are supporting this project and keeping me going to finish it.

Problems now are
    Not working wifi

support for the rom come back :(
    Well i dont own the phone anymore and it would be easier if some dev woul take it over and i suspected that somebody would do it but yeah they wouldnt...
    But today i also talked to a betatester of a cm11 port for the galaxy fame with what i am busy with and he also talked to me about that he had the n4 so i will see tomorrow about the rom porting. I will try to fix things like modem also but i guess i need to use a cyanogenmod 4.4.2 kernel then. I will do my best guys[emoji1]

EDIT: I have downloaded the roms now again the official kitkat rom/My optimus G port rom and the Cm11 4.4.2 rom as lib provider and for other files also. I will start tomorrow again on this project and I will see to base the kernel now maybe on cm11 or what cause the phone gets abit hot with my bit edited Optimus G kernel. Its safe to flash you know but you probably need multirom then also.