Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 53,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

»All LTE Discussion«

Tip us?

KidCarter93
Old
(Last edited by KidCarter93; 30th March 2013 at 08:05 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 6,717
Default »All LTE Discussion«

In an attempt to help tidy up this forum a bit, this thread has been created to centralize all discussion related to LTE on the Nexus 4.

*NOTE* DON'T CREATE ANY OTHER THREADS REGARDING LTE. USE THIS THREAD TO ANNOUNCE OR DISCUSS ANYTHING INSTEAD!

In order to enable LTE on your device, follow efrant's guidance below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant
Here are all the things you need (checklist):
1) An LTE SIM
2) LTE coverage
3) LTE enabled in the radio settings on the N4 (dial *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer, and select LTE/GSM auto in the "Set preferred network type")
4) The proper APN for LTE for your carrier (you will need to get this info from your carrier) inputed into your N4 AND selected
5) An LTE compatible data plan
6) LTE provisioned on your account.

Note that most carriers do not support VoLTE (i.e., voice over LTE), so you need to select LTE/GSM auto in the settings, and not LTE only in the N4 settings in point #3 above.

While all the above items are required, some carriers already have some of them by default. For point #6 above, if your carrier does not have this enabled by default, you will have to call in to make sure it is there. If they don't want to add it, explain to them that you bought an LTE device from outside of your country and you want to be able to use LTE. Ask them, if need be, to add a dummy IMEI to your account to allow provisioning. You may have to call back a few times until you speak to a CSR that actually knows what they are talking about. If you can't get anywhere with that, then you can try putting your SIM in an LTE device that is supported by you carrier and then call them to make sure that LTE is provisioned on your account, then try that SIM in your N4.

For point #3 above, you can find a collection of the radios from here - [REF][RADIO]Mako modem collection.
As you'll see written in the OP of the above thread, if you want LTE enabled DON'T flash the 0.48 radio as it disables LTE functionality. Flash one of the previous radios instead.

LTE Supported Carriers and Regions

Among your discussions, please post telling me if LTE works with your carrier so I'll be able to add it to this list.
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 6.09.401.5 | S-OFF ]
Can't find your answer or not sure where to post? Ask in the XDA Assist Forum
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 29th March 2013 at 02:29 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,232

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: »All LTE Discussion«

Bump

Please keep all further discussion/support in this thread as all other threads will be closed. Thanks for your cooperation

Sent from my Nexus
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crisisx1
Old
Thanks Meter 314

This is not lte but I'm getting awesome speeds.

Orlando Florida t mobile

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364521100718.jpg
Views:	18093
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1841704  
Device: T-Mobile LG/Google Nexus 4
Rom: Constantly Changing
Kernel: Stock
Launcher: Stock
Baseband: Stock .84
Recovery: CWM Touch 6

Previous Device: T-Mobile White Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH T999)(sold), T Mobile LG G2X(sold), T Mobile HTC HD7(sold), T Mobile MyTouch 3G(smashed on purpose lol)

maniacdevnull
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is copy-pasted from one of the closed thread. I posted it about an hour before the locks:

I'm trying to get T-mo LTE working on my N4. I have CM 10.1 and the .33 radio. I can go into the 4636 menu, set any of the LTE choices from the drop down, and the network type in that menu says LTE, but I can't get any data to go through. I never get the 4G icon near the signal bar and it never turns blue to show it's connected to Google. I have the fast APN set, all I did was change the original from epc to fast. Is there a step I'm missing?

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
(Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 29th March 2013 at 03:19 AM.) Reason: sticky thread
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 25,532
Members as it might be painful at first for the organization of this Device Forum subject of LTE, it will benefit, please understand and assist the Moderation Team assigned to your Forum Device. Any question do not hesitate to PM any Member of the Moderation Team. Thank You, now lets move on to the topic of LTE discussions.

Edit: This Thread Sticky'd, to assist Members in location. Thank You Again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,073

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmase521 View Post
Edit: I didn't catch that this was consolidating countries too. Even the OP is Canada-specific. I definitely think this is going to cause headaches.
The OP is NOT Canada-specific. Canada is only mentioned because that post was originally a reply to someone from Canada.

Edit: I'll have the post modified somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor View Post
Agreed items 1, 5, and 6 do not even apply to T-mobile USA.
Of course they apply to T-Mobile USA. For example, you require an LTE SIM. If all of T-Mobile's SIMs are LTE enabled, then fine. That doesn't change the fact that one is required...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

thebryceee
Old
Thanks Meter 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacdevnull View Post
This is copy-pasted from one of the closed thread. I posted it about an hour before the locks:

I'm trying to get T-mo LTE working on my N4. I have CM 10.1 and the .33 radio. I can go into the 4636 menu, set any of the LTE choices from the drop down, and the network type in that menu says LTE, but I can't get any data to go through. I never get the 4G icon near the signal bar and it never turns blue to show it's connected to Google. I have the fast APN set, all I did was change the original from epc to fast. Is there a step I'm missing?
Did you set it to IPv4/IPv6 on both?

I kinda like one unified LTE thread...but for T-Mobile only since it has the biggest buzz being brand new. I was subscribed to about three LTE threads just to see how everyone is experiencing T-Mobile's LTE.

Stryder5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 934
Guys, what's done is done. The mods all seem to agree on it so they probably discussed this already. Let's move on.

For T-Mobile USA carriers, use this for your APN:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=106

It worked for me.
Current Phone: Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
ROM: Mahdi w/ BaNkS Gapps || Radio: KTU84P Radio || Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Mods: None || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1

Previous Android Phones:
HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1) [Traded in]
HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2) [Got stolen]
HTC Doubleshot (T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide) [Retired]
LG Mako (Nexus 4) [Backup Device]

Get Dropbox for cloud storage! Use my link and we each get 500mb!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stryder5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebryceee
Old
Thanks Meter 563

Las Vegas T-Mobile LTE. I was told it's only 10 MHz (for now until the Metro PCS merger, assuming that goes well with the stockholders) at 2x5 MHz. Can't wait to see the speed increase once they go to 20 or even 40 MHz!

Edit: anyone on T-Mobile LTE that is actually getting better battery life than HSPA+?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1364523601250.jpg
Views:	9506
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1841839  

muyoso
Old
Thanks Meter 497
OK, so which roms are perfectly compatible with the .33 radio and LTE and Tmobile? It seems to be the policy of molesarecoming and PA that they will not support older radios and LTE on Tmobile, with his recent comments this afternoon. So does Cyanogenmod work with the .33 radio on Tmobile with regards to voice calls?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muyoso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
nexus 4 lte