»All LTE Discussion«

Search This thread

n2d551

Apr 2, 2012
hampton,va
On 4.3 rasbeanjelly I just flashed the lte boot.prop zip after a clean wipe & rom flash. Sticks 4 me! Running the 27 hybrid

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Optionally, search this thread for sqlite edit if you're rooted...it makes LTE/GSM Auto stick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

iGoogleNexus

Nov 18, 2011
Miami
So I posted in Efrants thread but no reply just yet... Perhaps here would be ok to ask. Read below =)

Alright sooooo you know that All in One zip that includes the Hybrids? Well I flashed it right... But I kept getting data drops. Soooo I thought why not just flash the .27 radio that erant posted along time ago. The reason why is because I wanna be able to switch from LTE to HSPA ... LTE sucks at my job since its very faint. And on my 4.2.2 all I had to do was put the phone on Airplane mode and it'll refresh my phones signal to HSPA+ ... But for some odd reason LTE sticks even after a restart... I'm not even using the hybrid... My data seems to be connected a lot more and haven't had a data drop.

Sooo was there anything else in the All in one zip besides the following : Audio Fix , LTE Enabler and the hybrid?

Current Rom: Stock 4.3 / Franco Kernel

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Pokley

Jul 15, 2013
Running on CM 10.1.2, starting to have a problem with LTE not sticking with .33 radio. Phone used to boot to LTE and at worst, stick on HSPA+ after making/receiving a call (that was OK). Now, phone boots and reverts after calls to CDMA(unsupported, of course), effectively turning off cell radio until I manually redo the whole 4636 deal. Why is this happening now when I haven't made any changes to my initial LTE enabling? Anyone else see this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jaladhjin

Jul 13, 2013
Hey friends :)

I've got trouble :-/

A Nexus 4 with a Straight Talk SIM..so first & foremost..are those LTE capable ? o_O

My actual question is..I setup the APN with the T-Mobile settings when I save.. MCN I believe it's called as 260 as suggested instead of 410 & hit save..the APN disappears..totally gone..

I'm an American if it matters in terms of my phone model..using CM 10.1.2 (Stable)

Blacktech2013

May 13, 2011
wilmington
I have noticed this also but i have a old lg esteem and i see that due to the merger with T-mobile and Metro pcs a update came out and its a zve now i did some work to this thing and can't understand why they have a folder named LTE IMAGES . Now without this folder anybuild i put together or porting any work to the esteem this 4g lte will not show up in my status bar and i don't have no data . I have tried to update the build.prop . Nothing . I been told from another dev these files are used to help connection with towers of tmobile . So you may want to see if a update has been given . Or if u like i can give u these files and u can test them and maybe it will help u out . The files are in the etc folder and called lte images.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Truckin'Ain't4Sissies

Aug 8, 2010
PDX
Anybody notice that (T-Mobile) you can surf the interwebs DURING A PHONE CALL?
5e6utydy.jpg

EDIT: added screenshot

TA4S

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Anybody notice that (T-Mobile) you can surf the interwebs DURING A PHONE CALL?
5e6utydy.jpg

EDIT: added screenshot

TA4S

FYI It's been that way for years. The GSM tech allows both to happen simultaneously. At&t and Tmo are the two major GSM providers. CDMA is a limitation not a blessing. Verizon and Sprint don't mind limiting customers options.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

iGoogleNexus

Nov 18, 2011
Miami
FYI It's been that way for years. The GSM tech allows both to happen simultaneously. At&t and Tmo are the two major GSM providers. CDMA is a limitation not a blessing. Verizon and Sprint don't mind limiting customers options.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Ive done it on both AT&T and Currently Now On T-Mobile... But...

When on call:

AT&T HSPA+: ".5" Mbps

T-Mobile HSPA+: "15mbps +"

I love T-Mobile :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

wvcadle

Dec 31, 2011
Headed to Charlotte, NC today. Can't wait to see if my phone picks up LTE!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In an attempt to help tidy up this forum a bit, this thread has been created to centralize all discussion related to LTE on the Nexus 4.

*NOTE* DON'T CREATE ANY OTHER THREADS REGARDING LTE. USE THIS THREAD TO ANNOUNCE OR DISCUSS ANYTHING INSTEAD!

In order to enable LTE on your device, follow efrant's guidance below:
    efrant said:
    Here are all the things you need (checklist):
    1) An LTE SIM
    2) LTE coverage
    3) LTE enabled in the radio settings on the N4 (dial *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer, and select LTE/GSM auto in the "Set preferred network type")
    4) The proper APN for LTE for your carrier (you will need to get this info from your carrier) inputed into your N4 AND selected
    5) An LTE compatible data plan
    6) LTE provisioned on your account.

Note that most carriers do not support VoLTE (i.e., voice over LTE), so you need to select LTE/GSM auto in the settings, and not LTE only in the N4 settings in point #3 above.

While all the above items are required, some carriers already have some of them by default. For point #6 above, if your carrier does not have this enabled by default, you will have to call in to make sure it is there. If they don't want to add it, explain to them that you bought an LTE device from outside of your country and you want to be able to use LTE. Ask them, if need be, to add a dummy IMEI to your account to allow provisioning. You may have to call back a few times until you speak to a CSR that actually knows what they are talking about. If you can't get anywhere with that, then you can try putting your SIM in an LTE device that is supported by you carrier and then call them to make sure that LTE is provisioned on your account, then try that SIM in your N4.

For point #3 above, you can find a collection of the radios from here - [REF][RADIO]Mako modem collection.
    As you'll see written in the OP of the above thread, if you want LTE enabled DON'T flash the 0.48 radio as it disables LTE functionality. Flash one of the previous radios instead.

LTE Supported Carriers and Regions

Among your discussions, please post telling me if LTE works with your carrier so I'll be able to add it to this list.
    Figured it out!!!

Well after working a 10 hour day at a start-up, I came home and spent another 6 hours debugging our no in-call audio issue. This issue is specific to Tmobile USA customers with a certain N4 configuration. I'll explain it, only because some people will stumble upon this post and won't use the SEARCH!

You'll experience no audio during a call. No audio in the earpiece and no audio going in the mic. This is when you have:

• Stock 4.2.2
    • Either RIL file that is available. (doesn't matter)
    • Either bootloader (also doesn't matter)
    • .33 radio or lower

As I mentioned in a prior post, Google changed the sound table file for 4.2.2. This may have been to anger us but I feel like they were trying to enable an audio channel for the new HD calling or whatever. Not sure. Anyway, I verified that these entries are not in AOKP roms and that must be our issue. 4.2.2 radio has some kind of symbolic linking that matches that file and when we install .33, the rom expects that TMUS audio entry to be there and it's not. Any attempt to edit out those entries or use a straight AOKP file would cause a stuck boot animation and I'd have to do a restore...

I spent the last 6 hours tracing where each audio address was hooking too. As well as running logs to see what was going on. In a nutshell, all the audio triggers were reversed because of bad addressing. When you made a call, it would actually DISABLE mic and ear speaker audio! I didn't know how to remedy this as I didn't understand the audio "calibration database" system. So I studied it a bit and I wished I had earlier. The pattern I saw was that the main entity in a group has a set address. Something like 3:1. If any others fit in that main group, they also get 3:1. In the case of audio, think loudspeaker or loudspeaker with "dolby". Both are basically the same, so they can share the upper ranks. So imagine a loudspeaker that is much smaller and takes a different voltage, etc. That would be labeled in the next group of 6:1. So from what I saw, they basically doubled like that pretty often.

Without any further interruptions. The fix!

Your gonna need a root file explorer. I like ES file explorer. It'll need to have root access enabled in the settings. You'll also need a text editor. You can use ES built in one but it really sucks. I use 920 text editor. Both those are free apps people. Do a backup before you start this as I had lots of booting issues trying to work this one out.

Now open ES (or other) and navigate to root "/" on your phone. Click on the etc folder and then the snd_soc-msm folder. There will only be one file in there, snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3. Do whatever you have to do to change file permissions on that file. In ES, you hold down on file and go down until it brings up a box. Scroll down to the bottom and go to properties. It'll bring up the permissions. Click on the "change" box. Note it's default properties. Write them down if you have to! Now click all the check boxes. Make it a really open file! Then hit OK and go back to the directory. Click on file to open. An "Open As" box will pop up. Open as text in your 920 or whatever your app is.

You'll see the long ass Fusion3 file outlining all sound properties of your device. Were interested in changing line 1804 and 2736. If you have a good text editor, these will be listed on the left. Scroll down to line 1804 and you'll see the ACDBID or audio calibration database ID. Like this...

Modify /snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 diff

1777 1777
    1778 1778 ACDBID 7:1
    1779 1779
    1780 + EndSection
    1781 +
    1782 + SectionDevice
    1783 + Name "Voice Earpiece TMUS"
    1784 + Comment "Handset Rx device"
    1785 +
    1786 + EnableSequence
    1787 + 'SLIM_0_RX Channels':0:eek:ne
    1788 + 'RX1 MIX1 INP1':0:RX1
    1789 + 'RX1 MIX1 INP2':0:RX6
    1790 + 'RX1 Digital Volume':1:68
    1791 + 'EAR PA Gain':0:pOS_6_DB
    1792 + 'DAC1 Switch':1:1
    1793 + 'SLIM TX3 MUX':0:RMIX1
    1794 + EndSequence
    1795 +
    1796 + DisableSequence
    1797 + 'RX1 MIX1 INP1':0:ZERO
    1798 + 'RX1 MIX1 INP2':0:ZERO
    1799 + 'RX1 Digital Volume':1:68
    1800 + 'DAC1 Switch':1:0
    1801 + 'SLIM TX3 MUX':0:ZERO
    1802 + EndSequence
    1803 +
    1804 + ACDBID 81:1
    1805 +
    1780 1806 EndSection
    1781 1807
    1782 1808 SectionDevice
    2320 2346 EffectsMixerCTL "SRS TruMedia"
    2321 2347
    2322 2348 EndSection
    2349 +
    2323 2350 SectionDevice
    2324 2351 Name "HeadsetVM Tx"
    2325 2352 Comment "Headset Tx device"
    2669 2696 ACDBID 6:2
    2670 2697 EffectsMixerCTL "SRS TruMedia"
    2671 2698
    2699 + EndSection
    2700 +
    2701 + SectionDevice
    2702 + Name "DMIC Endfire TMUS"
    2703 + Comment "Dual MIC Endfire Tx device"
    2704 +
    2705 + EnableSequence
    2706 + 'SLIM TX7 MUX':0:DEC7
    2707 + 'DEC7 MUX':0:ADC1
    2708 + 'SLIM TX8 MUX':0:DEC9
    2709 + 'DEC9 MUX':0:ADC3
    2710 + 'DEC7 Volume':1:66
    2711 + 'ADC1 Volume':1:100
    2712 + 'DEC9 Volume':1:66
    2713 + 'ADC3 Volume':1:100
    2714 + 'SLIM_0_TX Channels':0:Two
    2715 + 'MICBIAS1 CAPLESS Switch':1:0
    2716 + 'RX1 MIX2 INP1':0:IIR1
    2717 + 'RX2 MIX2 INP1':0:IIR1
    2718 + 'IIR1 INP1 Volume':1:51
    2719 + 'IIR1 INP1 MUX':0:DEC7
    2720 + EndSequence
    2721 +
    2722 + DisableSequence
    2723 + 'DEC7 Volume':1:60
    2724 + 'DEC9 Volume':1:60
    2725 + 'SLIM TX7 MUX':0:ZERO
    2726 + 'DEC7 MUX':0:ZERO
    2727 + 'SLIM TX8 MUX':0:ZERO
    2728 + 'DEC9 MUX':0:ZERO
    2729 + 'MICBIAS1 CAPLESS Switch':1:1
    2730 + 'RX1 MIX2 INP1':0:ZERO
    2731 + 'RX2 MIX2 INP1':0:ZERO
    2732 + 'IIR1 INP1 Volume':1:0
    2733 + 'IIR1 INP1 MUX':0:ZERO
    2734 + EndSequence
    2735 +
    2736 + ACDBID 91:2
    2737 + EffectsMixerCTL "SRS TruMedia"
    2738 +
    2672 2739 EndSection
    2673 2740
    2674 2741 SectionDevice

We need to change the ACDBID 81:1 at line 1804 to ACDBID 7:1. You can just erase the 81 and change it to 7. Just make sure spacing is the same. 1 space between the letters and the 7. Now go down to line 2736 and change the ACDBID 91:2 to ACDBID 6:2. Now you need to save that file. You won't be able to save directly over that file. You'll have to do a "save as" to somewhere that's easy to find. I just chose my download folder. Now go back into ES manager and find your file you made and copy it. Go to the snd_soc-msm folder and delete the original file and then paste your modified one in.

Now go to the properties of your new file and change the permissions back to the original default settings. That way no one hacks your audio table file. Last but not least, reboot.

Don't forget to backup before starting procedure.
    I'm not responsible for dead puppies or bricked phones.
    etc. etc. etc.

Forgive any 3am grammar mistakes and enjoy your stock/TM-US/LTE! =)
    simobile's T-Mobile No-Audio Fix

It's the other way around.

Rom updates will alter that file. Radio updates won't have any change. That file tells the radio how to interact with the phone audio inputs/outputs. This is designated by the rom. Your best bet for right now is to use this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2234143 It'll make it quick and painless for you. A zip would be nice though. I'll try to cobble something up this weekend. Not gonna have enough time in the evenings this week.

Here is a recovery-flashable zip that does the following:
    1) renames /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3.bak
    2) replaces the snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 with the stock JDQ39 snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file with the changes to lines 1804 and 2736 as you described here.

I have no way to test, as I am not with T-Mobile, but the zip should make the proper changes.

All credit goes to simobile.
    LTE now working on 4.3!! Thanks to morrislee and his hybrid .33/.84 radio we have LTE on 4.3 and get "in call audio" for T-Mobile users. No longer need to apply the audio fix. What I did was flash the hybrid radio, make the usual build.prop edits, edited my apns-config file, and factory reset. Everything works as it should. LTE enabled after reboot, etc. Also with his hybrid radio he fixed the continuous focus issues. Just thought I would pass this along. All credit to morrislee!!

The hybrid radio can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/w04m08571nrt4fi/LTEhybrid33-84.zip
    I think you only have to make the build.prop changes then do what I suggested in the post above yours with the caveat that I'm on Paranoid Android, not stock. Instead of the xml changes, I think you can change your APN manually. The hippowise guide requires a factory reset and then never touching the APN settings or changing the LTE/GSM modes. I believe that neither of those are necessary if you adjust using the menu I pictured instead of the *#*#4636#*#* testing menu.

The options I posted screen caps of are not available until after the build.prop changes and a reboot.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Right now I have no way of testing the LTE network for T-Mobile because I am in Atlanta and it has not rolled out here yet. I am trying to get it setup on my phone because I will be traveling the US for work soon and want to be able to enjoy it when I get to cities that have LTE.

Just to kind of consolidate everything for stock rooted 4.2.2 T-Mobile US.

1) Flash .33 radio
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36400943&postcount=1

2) Add APN Settings manually

Name: T-Mobile US LTE

APN: fast.t-mobile.com

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN type: default,supl,mms

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39653099&postcount=106

3) Edit build.prop and apns-conf.xml from Hippowise site
    http://hippowise.com/how-to-permanently-enable-lte-on-android-4-2-2-nexus-4/

4) Edit snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file from Simobile post
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40244956&postcount=445

I removed step 5 because it did not work for me on Stock rooted 4.2.2.

Please let me know if you think that I am missing anything. Thank you everyone that have found these steps. 3oudreaux, Simobile, far-r4, and whoever first posted that hippowise site.

If I have given credit to the wrong person please just PM me a link to the original post and I will correct it in this post.