4th April 2013, 03:32 AM   |  #281  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 94

80 posts
More
Angry Flashable zip to modify build.prop for LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdewdog

I'm scared to update to the latest nightlies though, for fear of losing the LTE sticky and having to start all over again.

I put together a flashable zip that will add the appropriate lines to your build.prop

mako-LTE-enabler.zip

Tested with CWM. Haven't tested other recoveries.

It currently does not look to see if you have already added the lines to your build.prop, so if you install it more than one time after a ROM update, you will have dupes in your build.prop.
Last edited by haze_nme; 4th April 2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Cleaned up hyperlink
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to haze_nme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #282  
Flag Rineyville, KY
Thanks Meter: 755

4,212 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: »All LTE Discussion«
Quote:
Originally Posted by haze_nme

I put together a flashable zip that will add the appropriate lines to your build.prop

mako-LTE-enabler.zip

Tested with CWM. Haven't tested other recoveries.

It currently does not look to see if you have already added the lines to your build.prop, so if you install it more than one time after a ROM update, you will have dupes in your build.prop.

So what exactly do this do screenies just so I can get an example if I can't understand u explaining this

I know it turns on lte but I only remember having to use the one build prop edit not the other two network edits lost
4th April 2013, 03:56 AM   |  #283  
Thanks Meter: 7

91 posts
Location services broken for me with LTE and .33 radio

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
4th April 2013, 03:58 AM   |  #284  
Flag Bristow, VA
Thanks Meter: 597

2,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor

So everyone reporting that GPS is completely broken on the 27 radio is false?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Agps maybe but I used it in my car and it was fine. .33 had same performance but data was useless.

4th April 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #285  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 94

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz

So what exactly do this do screenies just so I can get an example if I can't understand u explaining this

I know it turns on lte but I only remember having to use the one build prop edit not the other two network edits lost

One entry tells your ROM that your device supports LTE. The other two tell the ROM to prefer the LTE/GSM/WCDMA network setting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to haze_nme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2013, 04:02 AM   |  #286  
Flag Bristow, VA
Thanks Meter: 597

2,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayART

Location services broken for me with LTE and .33 radio

Try using your GPS outside. Sometimes I'm unable to get a fix better than 1700m in my basement or other sheltered areas but it locks relatively fast on the top level of my townhouse.
Since I'm able to use GPS fine in the car I am not too worried.

4th April 2013, 04:06 AM   |  #287  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maigre

efrant, your signature suggests that you're using a pretty much stock N4 running 4.2.2, other than custom recovery and the .33 radio. Are you able to get LTE with that? I thought that this was not possible with stock 4.2.2.

To anyone, there's a lot of info here and elsewhere about what it takes to run T-Mobile LTE on the N4. But there are also reports of some problems. I'm not finding a place with info about specifically which configurations provide LTE without compromising other facets of the phone's functionality. I gather that some do work well. If anyone has a configuration that they know works and wants to post it or links to anything about it, it would be greatly appreciated by me and others, I suspect.

Is it imperative that we use a custom ROM, for example? Would using the Franco or faux kernels suffice or even work at all for this purpose?

I use stock (4.2.1) and get LTE in the DC area. All I needed to do was select the "LTE/GSM (auto)" network in the dialer menu and create/select a new APN (fast.t-mobile.lte). The selection sticks until the next reboot. When LTE is not available, it automatically switches to HSPA or HSPA + as available. GPS works fine. VOIP calls sound better with the lower ping times.

If I switch back to the "WCDMA (preferred)" but leave the new APN (fast.t-mobile.let) selected, ping times seem to be a lot better. Has anyone else noticed that?
The Following User Says Thank You to qqsubs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2013, 04:11 AM   |  #288  
Jax Fl
Thanks Meter: 126

422 posts
Donate to Me
LTE is not yet available where I live a few weeks ago I decided to check on it to see if by chance they were doing any testing of it yet, I downloaded the .27, the .33 and the .48(in case I wanted to switch back) no lte at all.
But I found that on the .27 the data speeds dropped by half. While on the .33 the data was 1-3% less then when on the .48. I put the .48 back on and called it good.
So fast forward to a few days ago I found the instructions for enabling lte by default, the hippowise website I decided to make a nandroid backup and go through and do those steps now my phone is set and ready if and when lte comes here and now even on the .33 radio speeds are maybe 1% slower then with the .48 on H+ but its not a deal breaker.
4th April 2013, 04:31 AM   |  #289  
Thanks Meter: 64

485 posts
Has anyone used the 24 radio on LTE?

4th April 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #290  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 95

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross1998

Any news from anyone in seattle WA?

I do. I've tried cm 10.1 and .33 radio in sodo and no go. My T-Mobile connect told me they tested it two week ago and turned it back off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 4 lte
Previous Thread Next Thread