Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N4 vs Moto G

Tip us?

prog19
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Yeah, NFC tags at work and home are nice too. Once you start using it its hard to stop

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

habunath
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Moto G has much better battery backup than N4.
The Following User Says Thank You to habunath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunath View Post
Moto G has much better battery backup than N4.
^^^ This especially... Deciding between the two is actually tough, my son has the Moto G 16GB GPE edition and I have the Nexus 4 16GB.

I am similar to a previous user... I am mixed and go back and forth between which I prefer. Which is better for you depends on your usage

Moto G gives you incredible battery life (5-7 hours screen time, double the N4), it's waterproof (I can't believe no one mentioned this), Gorilla Glass 3

Nexus 4 has both a faster processor and GPU, has a larger display although I don't find it superior other than size, and has NFC and wireless charging (neither of which I use).

To be honest, although the 21Mbps vs 42Mbps thing is real, in real life it makes little difference in use, same with the processor... the N4 is faster but the G is more efficient, I have noticed little difference in performance between the two.

The Nexus 4 has a tremendous development community with more options and help than you can imagine, and although the Moto G has a decent community with most major ROMs supported, it is definitely not the Nexus 4 in that regard but if it's your thing you won't be bored either.

Honestly, no mater your choice you will get a good phone that will likely last a decent amount of time.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Clem29
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I remember you that the Moto G has a louder Speaker than the Nexus 4.
The moto G also support USB OTG, without any special Y cable or similiar things.
By the way I'm proud to own a Nexus 4.

Erroneus
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I own both.

Nexus 4 is a better phone, BUT the Moto G comes damn close. Considering the low price of Moto G, I'll say it's a better bargain, even the more expensive 4G version, which adds support for LTE, which is something Nexus 4 doesn't have. But off course, it depends on the prices of the phones, in the area you live.
Nexus 4 @ Android 4.4.4 - Nexus 7 (2012) @ Android 4.4.4
Moto G 4G White (XT1039) @ Android 4.4.4 - Chromecast @ v17250

username4this
Old
(Last edited by username4this; 17th June 2014 at 10:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Hey guys!

The phone is home and it's the Nexus 4 16GB in super mint condition, with a ****load of screen protectors, bumbers and good cases, you name it.
It came with tempered glass screen protector at the front and a standard screen protector at the back.
Also, LTE isn't a big thing for me. Between Univ and my place I get alot of hotspots through Fon (https://corp.fon.com/pt/microsite/nos) so not a big deal.
Everywhere I go without Internet, I bring my mobile broadband pen and a sharing dock to get wireless.

The Moto G also arrived yesterday from Amazon and it really surprised me. The stock Android with some of Motorola subtle changes really make it a good phone hardware and software wise.

The problem here in Portugal is the used market is too damn retarded. People sell phones at prices that don't make sense. You see low end mobiles being sold at the price of gold. 200€ for a N4 is like a bargain compared to the prices asked for phones like Samsung SII which goes for 150 to 200€ here. Higher end phones never go for less than 300€ and most even locked to networks. A used N5 here would go for over 350€ eventhough the Playstore in Portugal has it at 349€. Yes, people are this retarded because all they care is how much they payed for the phone when they bought it and not the current new prices and the current options. How can you sell a crap phone at 150€ if for 170€ I can get a Moto G. Xiaomi's and other decent Quad cores from Amazon? Well...

Never the less, I'm happy with my choice.

Next step = Unlock Bootloader, Root and get some action going.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to username4this For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyberon
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Excelente compra, não te esqueças de aderir à comunidade Nexus Portugal no Google+.

Excellent buy.
Sent from my Nexus One, Nexus 4 or Nexus 7
Like my posts, hit the "thanks" button.