XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NEWS] MIUI for 4.4 [February 2014]

Tip us?

hoppermi
Old
Thanks Meter 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskaran498 View Post
And its security and the theme engine are far better than aosp/cm etc.
Not for much longer, CM has new theme engine about to be released. It is game changing stuff, stay tuned. No comment on security, I haven't used V5 at all, but I'm curious why you think it is more secure, especially since there is no source code released to verify.

Jaskaran498
Old
(Last edited by Jaskaran498; 28th March 2014 at 12:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppermi View Post
Not for much longer, CM has new theme engine about to be released. It is game changing stuff, stay tuned. No comment on security, I haven't used V5 at all, but I'm curious why you think it is more secure, especially since there is no source code released to verify.
Didn't knew about the cm theme engine...
But i think miui is more secure and better because->
1) You can control every important (like messaging, reading contacts etc.) permission of any app and disable that permission without messing anything else with app and app will run normally without that feature.
2) Make apps auto start and disable them there are apps on store for this, but I can say this is far more better and accurate).
3) Lock apps in memory (they will always be in current state, for ex if you minimize a game, normally it will load again before resuming if its high end, but miui offers app locking that allow you to maintain state of game as if you pressed alt+tab in windows-> you go straight to pause menu without any loading).
4) You can temporarily turn off root for every app at single touch at reenable it with single touch again.
5) Constant app monitoring so if any app tries to do stuff like reading contact list, you are instantly informed and asked if you want to allow it or not).
5) Inbuilt free and great antivirus-> Almost zero memory eating, self update and scans and you wont even know its there and you can go on with your tasks easily.
6) Auto junk cleaner-> I will sort of refer it to as android CCleaner, it can detect ad files, cache etc and you can delete them individually.
7) Inbuilt per app lock (choose which apps should have pin needed to be entered before they are opened).
8) A great inbuilt backup/restore with which you wont need titanium backup.
9) A great task manager.
10) Inbuilt call blacklist/whitelist blocker and bla-bla.
11) Guest mode-> Please google it. There is so much to be typed in this section that I cant and wont But this is one thing I like the most.
And probably more....

I know almost all these features can be fulfilled by external apps, but here we are talking about what a rom provides by itself without any external app.
Thats why I am using miui. If you did not yet try v5, plz do try it. See for yourslef what the possibilities are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaskaran498 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

だんご94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well..MIUI is great IMHO.
Using it on my Xiaomi MI3. So far no problems and battery life is superb.
Lots of feature and the developer rom comes with root with weekly updates.
No source code out but still great IMO.
Currently on MIUI(V5) 4.4.4 developer version.