Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Nexus 4 Benchmarks from Anandtech show huge improvement!

Tip us?

yumcax
Old
(Last edited by yumcax; 7th November 2012 at 05:54 AM.) Reason: Formatting + Quote
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Default New Nexus 4 Benchmarks from Anandtech show huge improvement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsocreamy
As we know Anandtech published Nexus 4 benchmarks which show the phone underperforming significantly compared to its sister Optimus G. It appears they have since re-run the GLBenchmark tests and achieved much higher scores (in-line with the Optimus G) which they have not yet published.

You can analyse the full results here:
http://www.glbenchmark.com/phonedeta...tgroup=overall

Here is a brief summary of the main differences. They are very significant and the phone appears to perform as expected.

Result will be likely hitting screen cap of ~60fps.
With these new results here is how the phone would stack up against their published results for other models for the common Egypt HD Offscreen test:

Discuss.
Source (Reddit) , GLBench.
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to yumcax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Capt
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Mother of God.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Capt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BravoMotorola
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Maybe now you benchmark lovers can finally stop bitching? Please?
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to BravoMotorola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Slap-Yourself :)
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Someone explain this to me. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slap-Yourself :) For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rumthin
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I'm much more interested in the battery life tests. Hopefully those have gotten better.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rumthin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yumcax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Yourself :) View Post
Someone explain this to me. lol
Essentially new benchmarks show the Nexus 4 performing much better than previous ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumthin View Post
I'm much more interested in the battery life tests. Hopefully those have gotten better.
I agree, hopefully whatever changed to get these better results also will result in better battery life too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yumcax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkRyoushii
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Can't wait to hear what went wrong with the original results, and if the thermal throttling is going to become an issue.

Come on anandtech release an explanation already!!!
HTC One M8 | Google Nexus 5 16GB | Google Nexus 7 16GB
Google Nexus 4 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB [Sold] | Google Nexus 7 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB [Sold] | Samsung Galaxy S II 16GB [Sold]

If you don't have a Dropbox, take this 2.5GB of cloud storage - completely free!
Got a dropbox? How about join the dollar shave club delivered straight to your door each month for $1!

Thanks to all who've already used my referrals! Really appreciate it!

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumthin View Post
+1

Although the new test suggests that the thermal throttling issues have ceased - meaning the CPU usage is more efficient and this should translate into big gains for battery life - I would like to see this confirmed.

Would shut a number of people up.
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FatalityBoyZahy
Old
Thanks Meter 511
This is some really good news... Now I REALLY can't wait 'til the 13th.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
Current Device
Google Nexus 5 32GB - 4.4.3 STOCK ROOTED
Lenovo Y510P - Core i7 4700MQ - 16GB RAM - nVidia 750M SLI - 1TB HDD

Previous Devices
Google Nexus 4 - 16GB
T-Mobile LG G2x
Samsung Galaxy S4G
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
Late 2009 White Unibody MacBook

Be sure to hit the Thanks button if I have helped you in any way!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FatalityBoyZahy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

red12355
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Source? Don't see this posted anywhere on anandtech.