Please Post a reply with the following info:
- 8GB or 16GB Nexus 4
- Order Time (or shipping notification time)
- PlayStore Status
- Wallet Status
- LIMBO Level (L1 - no email what-so-ever, L2 - order cofirmation but no backorder or shipping email, L3 - backorder email)
- any other updates from Google
My Fellow Canadians,
I didn't see any threads for Canada. Please post any info or details that will help other Canadian users of Nexus 4. I will edit this post with some useful info later on when I get a chance.
How to enable "Developer Settings":
1. Go to Settings
2. Select About Phone
3. Tap Build Number 7 times (it will guide you once you start tapping)
How to Unlock the Bootloader (This will erase all data on your phone, so do this before anything else) NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT Thanks to mskip
How to Root the Nexus 4
1. Install the drivers for your computer
2. Download CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip to your phone
3. Enable USB Debugging in Developer Settings on your phone
4. Unlock the bootloader using NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT
note: You can also try the root option in Nexus 4 Toolkit (It never worked for me so I had to do it this way)
5. Install Custom Recovery using NEXUS 4 TOOLKIT
6. Boot into Recovery (Volume Up and Down + Power Key > Select Recovery)
7. In Custom Recovery: select Flash Zip from SDCard > /o > CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip
8. Reboot the phone
9. You are now Rooted
Unlock Jelly Bean Daydream
1. Go to Settings > About device
2. Tap repeatedly on the Android version number (4.2)
3. Check Daydreams, a new Jelly bean daydream will be unlocked!
just want to share this, reading from other threads, each google id can buy only max to 5 phones. but i'd expect google will cap to 1 phone per id since they sold out in uk and aussie. just my thought though, nothing concrete yet.
ps-anyone from the west coast? one more hour to go!
LG Google Nexus 4 E-960 (November 2012-Present)
Asus Transformer Prime TF-201 (January 2012-Present)
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate SGH-I897 (October 2010-November 2012)
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?