Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Color Settings [spreadsheet]

Tip us?

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by heat361 View Post
OK I got faux display to work can someone rerecommend a good setting.
I'm enjoying MatAuc's, line #67
The Following User Says Thank You to Ngo93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Duuuude
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by heat361 View Post
OK I got faux display to work can someone rerecommend a good setting.
Just look a few posts up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duuuude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heat361
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngo93 View Post
I will try that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuude View Post
Just look a few posts up.
OK I'll see if I could find one that is closest to the lg optimus g or the HTC one x
NEXUS 4
NEXUS 7

kwerdenker
Old
(Last edited by kwerdenker; 14th February 2013 at 12:11 AM.) Reason: Wrote down the wrong RGB values... fixed now
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok later on today I will be splitting up the spreadsheet into multiple sheets (as per request), and I think it's a great idea to do this as it will keep things cleaner. I'm gonna get on this tonight
So I will be spanning the spreadsheet into 3 sheets:

1st for basic RGB / Gamma Control
2nd for Faux's new settings
3rd for Franco's new settings
If you need/want any help with it, just send me a PM. It was my idea after all, so I shouldn't let you do all the work

Quote:
I second that. Very good starting point. If you have problems with screen tint (yellow/blue/etc), try to adjust the RGB values. If the color saturation is a bit to extreme for your taste, take town the amp 0 values.

My current variation is R 250 G 245 B 250 and Amp 0 R 21 G 16 B 21 (everything else copied from MatAuc). For my eyes and on my display, this balances the greys in a more natural tint than the original values from MatAuc. Those tinted the greys pruple and made the colors a bit too oversaturated for my taste.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

Ngo93
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Can someone answer a quick question for me, does Franco have amp 0 and amp 1 in his new settings? Almost done editing the spreadsheet..

Ngo93
Old
(Last edited by Ngo93; 14th February 2013 at 12:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover View Post
Try these ones.
All 255
Amp0 all 31
Amp1 all 23

Just with trixter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378 View Post
Good idea. Faux's app uses different terminology than Franco and TKT. Same results though when properly setup. Possibly group TKT with Franco? Their apps are pretty much the same regarding color gamma controls.

My settings:
RGB, 248, 240, 240

Gamma settings:
Whites 50
Blacks 75
Grays 20
Mids 90
Contrast 25
Brightness 4
Saturation 120

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
If you need/want any help with it, just send me a PM. It was my idea after all, so I shouldn't let you do all the work

I second that. Very good starting point. If you have problems with screen tint (yellow/blue/etc), try to adjust the RGB values. If the color saturation is a bit to extreme for your taste, take town the amp 0 values.

My current variation is R 250 G 245 B 250 and Amp 0 R 21 G 16 B 21 (everything else copied from MatAuc). For my eyes and on my display, this balances the greys in a more natural tint than the original values from MatAuc. Those tinted the greys pruple and made the colors a bit too oversaturated for my taste.
Quote:
Can someone answer a quick question for me, does Franco have amp 0 and amp 1 in his new settings? Almost done editing the spreadsheet..
Added all
Thanks for the suggestion kwerdenker Haha don't worry about it, I've already finished updating it!

Edit

Update: Because of the growing size of the spreadsheet / the increasing amount of features coming in, I have split the spreadsheet up into 3 sheets. Sheet 1 is Basic, Sheet 2 is Grey / Gradient & Sheet 3 is Gamma. A quick explanation:

Basic - basic RGB values along w/ amp 0 and amp 1
Grey / Gradient - Faux's new settings (grey and gradient scales)
Gamma - Franco's new gamma settings

This will keep the spreadsheet looking more organized instead of having everything crammed into one sheet, enjoy!

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Default Re: Nexus 4 Color Settings [spreadsheet]

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner00 View Post
Try these.

R 175
G 175
B 175

Whites 20
Mids 100
Blacks 255
Contrast 0
Brightness 0
Saturation 200
Grays 0

Screen Brightness 50%

These are not mine but are from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=12471

Figured I would post them here for others to see also since francos thread moves fast. Read the post for details.
THC using this now but to be honest every settings I try all look same lol

Google Voice via my r72 NeXus⁴ using XDA Premium
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom

juliano_q
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Faux Display showing only Profiles, Color Temp and Info tabs after updating to 4.2.2, anyone confirms?
Phone: Moto X

Samsung Galaxy (crap) > Galaxy S (crap, sold) > Nexus S > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy S III (crap, sold) > Nexus 4 (stolen) > Moto X

Kel Ghu
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
My closest 2.2 settings with faux are, I get R2.1 G2.1 B1.8 with this:
RGB 255
Amp 0 all at 31
Amp 1 all at 0

I get better results with Franco's method, 2.2 RGB:
RGB 255
White 0
Mids 0
Blacks 255
Contrast 255
Brightness 0
Saturation 202
Grays 1

I get the same 2.2 RGB with the following:
RGB 255
Whites 108
Mids 255
Blacks 255
Contrast 255
Brightness 0
Saturation 255
Grays 0

There are endless possibilities to get 2.2 with Franco's method. I use Display Tester.

Dabarr
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default AW: Nexus 4 Color Settings [spreadsheet]

Thanks for so many good spreadsheets!

Does someone have the values for moles half breed settings for faux display. This would top everything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium