5,593,650 Members 40,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 confirmed working on prepaid AT&T tablet dataconnect plan

Tip us?
 
sporez
Old
#21  
sporez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 144
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
Maybe go to an AT&T or T-Mobile store and snipe one of the IMEI's from their tablets

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
I might have to do that. Would anyone who has a tablet be willing to give me the TAC which is the first 8 digits of the imei number which basically tells the model of the tablet. From there I'm pretty sure I can calculate the rest.
 
ctowne
Old
#22  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporez View Post
I might have to do that. Would anyone who has a tablet be willing to give me the TAC which is the first 8 digits of the imei number which basically tells the model of the tablet. From there I'm pretty sure I can calculate the rest.
Here ya go 35736904
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctowne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sporez
Old
#23  
sporez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 144
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post
Here ya go 35736904
Thanks man!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
 
ctowne
Old
#24  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporez View Post
Thanks man!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
No problem! Let me know how it works out
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
sporez
Old
#25  
sporez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 144
Join Date: May 2012
Today I received my at&t simcard. I successfully activated the data connect plan with my generated imei number. The data speeds are amazing compared to what tmobile provides in my area.

Is there a chance that at&t could catch on that we are using this plan on a phone and stop it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355178725126.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1553069  
 
ctowne
Old
#26  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporez View Post
Today I received my at&t simcard. I successfully activated the data connect plan with my generated imei number. The data speeds are amazing compared to what tmobile provides in my area.

Is there a chance that at&t could catch on that we are using this plan on a phone and stop it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Nice! Glad you got it working :thumbup: there's always a chance they could catch you Lol. That's what makes it fun. But hey, at least its prepaid so if they catch you then you aren't stuck in a contract..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
seedifferently
Old
#27  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2010
I was able to get this working on my N4, but it took a few tries switching between "AT&T" and "Automatically choose preferred network" in the "Network operators" settings.

Very sweet hack. I hope AT&T doesn't start blocking it.
 
ctowne
Old
#28  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedifferently View Post
I was able to get this working on my N4, but it took a few tries switching between "AT&T" and "Automatically choose preferred network" in the "Network operators" settings.

Very sweet hack. I hope AT&T doesn't start blocking it.
Glad to see you got it working! :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor
 
gear.h34d.2012
Old
(Last edited by gear.h34d.2012; 13th December 2012 at 08:15 PM.) Reason: Updated.
#29  
gear.h34d.2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 277
Join Date: Jun 2010
Finally getting around to trying this out today. Can't bother with my local AT&T store anymore because they know I'm always up to something and refuse to help me. Going to go nab a Net10 or H2O SIM and try to activate the ICCID with this plan. Will report back.


EDIT: Went and picked up a Red Pocket Mobile microSIM, bought a 3GB package, and I'm rocking and rolling. Damn nice. $30 without tax for HSPA+15 versus $45 plus tax on Straight Talk for HSPA+:10. Looking into SIP clients next!


Thanks for the assist!

Credits to mustangboy88

Devices:

Google Nexus S 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Grey Wifi 32GB


Quote:
"Personally, I watched my friends vivid get updated to ice cream sandwich last night. It broke my heart because he got it via ota, before my nexus s. Official google/sprint ics is something my ns4g will most likely never receive. Yes, I am a cry baby. Flame me."
-Swamp Goblin
The Following User Says Thank You to gear.h34d.2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ctowne
Old
#30  
ctowne's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 701
Posts: 4,032
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orono, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear.h34d.2012 View Post
Finally getting around to trying this out today. Can't bother with my local AT&T store anymore because they know I'm always up to something and refuse to help me. Going to go nab a Net10 or H2O SIM and try to activate the ICCID with this plan. Will report back.


EDIT: Went and picked up a Red Pocket Mobile microSIM, bought a 3GB package, and I'm rocking and rolling. Damn nice. $30 without tax for HSPA+15 versus $45 plus tax on Straight Talk for HSPA+:10. Looking into SIP clients next!


Thanks for the assist!
Awesome! Glad its working for you :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes