5,593,650 Members 39,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you facing any issues or drawbacks?? (Nexus Owners Only)
No Problem at all 413 55.21%
Buzzing at the ear piece 66 8.82%
Backside of the glass breaking (Change in temp.) 18 2.41%
Calls Distorted 31 4.14%
Battery Backup (Is it bad?) 121 16.18%
Screen not visible in sunlight 38 5.08%
Speaker volume is low 71 9.49%
WiFi Problems 50 6.68%
Extreme Overheating 82 10.96%
Touch not responsive 50 6.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 748. You may not vote on this poll

Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

gkrishn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by funzuloo View Post
it's now fourth day with status clearance delay for me, still they saying physical examination is pending will be done by today evening. asked about the customs and duty they say your bill is of Rs.2785. i ordered two phones. what about you guys hoe much you paid customs for importing two phones?
the fedex/DHL guys wont know the exact amount, till the package is cleared by customs.

navino87
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by navino87 View Post
K.. I already have ordered 2 nexus4 and 2 bumper from pay store using tunnelbear.. Now, when I try ordering another nexus4, I cant access the devices in play store.. Alternatively i had also tried few random proxies and vpn.. But same thing..

I also have created a new google a/c with US identity. Even then I cant access the devices in play store..

Tried in bth Win7 and XP..
Now my CC details is not getting accepted in google play store .. I get "There was a problem authorising your card. Contact your bank if this problem continues." error message.. There is no problem with the card.. I even have contacted CC and they cant find a issue with the card..

Could some1 please explain me what is happening here??? It was completely normal when i tried play store y'day night.

akhz99
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

I ordered yesterday with citibank cc. The order status is showing pre-order. I did not get any approximate date as well. What does this mean? I know ppl have asked the same before but yet.. please help

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

chaitanya87
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Default Re: Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhz99 View Post
I ordered yesterday with citibank cc. The order status is showing pre-order. I did not get any approximate date as well. What does this mean? I know ppl have asked the same before but yet.. please help

You will get it updated in 2 or 3 days. Don't worry it's normal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

vikasverma
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Finally two bullets points in my wallet....after 15 days...uff!!!!!!!!

Shipping estimate: February 13, 2013, that is today....yay!!!!!!!

I hope I will get shipping notification today.
Got the phone today morning (19th Feb)----Great experience so far!!
Reached Delhi Custom on 18th Feb
HSG shipped it to India by DHL on 15th Feb
Reached HSG address on 15th Feb.
Shipped on 14th Feb (Yes after 16 days!!!!!! )
Ordered Nexus 4(16GB) on 1/29 at 9:24:52 AM PST.

akhz99
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Thanks. Also i immediately. Got chargerd $364.. will they charge again when shipping. If yes, do i need to contact the bank for refund or is it automated..

jumbo18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by younussm View Post
Check OP , ull find complete information along the approximate charges to ship it to indIa ..
I checked that but that has inclusive charges and insurance by carriers. I mean if he order this phone at his address the total cost would be $396. I want to know which courier service he should use and how much it costs to deliver?

varshil
Old
Thanks Meter 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblueram View Post
The red blinking lights happens mostly due to benchmarking @1.8ghz, wrong flashing etc. And when it happens the phone gets switched off while in use/screen off n then the red light starts blinking.I've not seen instances of not being able to switch on the phone .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Many people havent even root it. Just restarted the phone after the battery drain n bam.. phone didnt start at all...its some hardware error i guess...

Sent from my Xperia P using xda premium
CURRENT ROM- slimkat

CURRENT KERNEL- Faux V4

jumbo18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a debit cards but don't have any credit card. I know debit card will incur double charges, one of which gets refunded after a few days. But I'm scared what if they didn't refund that money.

crinstale
Old
Thanks Meter 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_scorp_ion View Post
Same is the case with me.... I have been charged 996 just for 1 phone

Countervailing duties is 300 INR
IS this applocable mobile phone?
Yes.. countervailing duty is basically excise duty rate charged on like products sold in India. Take it as excise duty on ur nexus manufactured in India.

Sent from my HTC Desire VC using xda app-developers app

Tags
availability, indian, nexus, nexus 4, pricing